aberdeen-music

Mental Dreams

I remember one dream where I was attending a Beatles concert. They were only the support band though. The headliners were none other than Saddam Hussein's electro pop band. . .

Analyse that, Dr. Freud!

You smoke too much pot?

I remember I once had a dream where I went out without wearing clothes, and I was walking down Union Street, and despite the fact I was naked, nobody noticed.

It was quite scary, and strange at the same time.

That is quite a scary thought :o

I had a dream once where you spoke in french or English whilst on air for shmu

I had one particularly bad dream where I woke up one day with axes for hands. That was actually fairly emotional, if I touched anything/anyone I cut it/them.

Sometimes if I've been working for several days in a row, my dreams are as if I'm still at a checkout. Then I can't relax. There are even realistic customer scenarios and things. It's really, really not cool.

I hate when you have dreams where you try to punch to defend yourself and your movements are so slow and heavy.

Or if you try to shout or scream and it's silent...

I used to hate that in dreams as well, until one time I woke up to find myself feebly punching my ex in the head. "What are you doing?" was a very good question. Anyway, nightmares go away once you wake whereas spouses with black eyes can potentially file charges which may not.

I've only ever remembered 3 dreams for more than 5 minutes after waking up:

One where two guys are in a car crash, then the devil turned up and made the crash go on for infinity and tortured them in new and more inventive ways throughout. A bit mental I guess.

One where I walked into Topman and bought a trilby hat. That was it. So really mental.

And one where I logged onto myspace and the band's top friends were different. Completeley fucking insane dream.

I fail at dreams

I hate it when you're shattered, you turn the alarm onto snooze for the 4th time and you start dreaming that you've gotten up... when really daft things start happening you then realise you're still sprawled* out in bed, dozing and running late

*yeah... I'm an elegant sleeper :O

I keep having this recurring dream - my life is totally normal and going the way it actually does it real life - going to work, band practice, nights out etc. The only difference is that at some point in the past I have killed someone and hidden the body, and it's weighing really really heavily in my mind. And I know that at any second the police could find the body then swoop in and cart me off to jail for 20 years and my life would be ruined.

I have it about once a week.

I keep having this recurring dream - my life is totally normal and going the way it actually does it real life - going to work, band practice, nights out etc. The only difference is that at some point in the past I have killed someone and hidden the body, and it's weighing really really heavily in my mind. And I know that at any second the police could find the body then swoop in and cart me off to jail for 20 years and my life would be ruined.

I occasionally have something similar where I just totally screw something up and it comes back to haunt me. Guess a psychiatrist might say you're worrying about your future or something.

Usually I get them when I start a new job and in my dream I'm carrying on my life and everything's going fine except I've completely forgotton to go to work for a few weeks. Total fuck up.

I occasionally have something similar where I just totally screw something up and it comes back to haunt me. Guess a psychiatrist might say you're worrying about your future or something.

Usually I get them when I start a new job and in my dream I'm carrying on my life and everything's going fine except I've completely forgotton to go to work for a few weeks. Total fuck up.

I've got a mate who studies psychology and he sometimes tells me what my dreams really mean, it's quite interesting. Though most of the time he tells me it's because I'm repressing homosexual thoughts.

I asked him about the lettuce beard thing I mentioned above, he said that in dreams, your face represents how you think other people percieve you. In fact I'll copy and paste it. I told him the details of the dream and how I thought that it may be connected with the diet I am on at the moment, as I am eating salad every single night, the main ingredient of which is lettuce, as such I associate the lettuce with good health. I also told him how I found the lettuce which was sprouting from my face disgusting, as it had grown / was fed by the shite food I had put in my body over the years and as such was inedible.

I dreamt last night that I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror, and in place of morning stubble (in the general beard area) my face had sprouted lettuce. To shave I simply had to pull the leaves off, but they were layered, like an actual lettuce, and the bottom layer hurt like crazy when I was trying to pull it off. Then I met a guy on Belmont Street who had cabbage growing out of his face. I tried to talk to him about it but he called me a cunt because I had pulled off the lettuce leaves and "wasn't proud of who I am". o_O

Anyone care to try and explain this?

hmm, well in dreams your face mostly represents how you perceive your identity (or how your perceive others to perceive it) as a whole. That's why sometimes we dream about things with no face or obscured faces, because we don't know or are trying to hide the ID of the entity from ourselves. So anyway, it seems to be an important part of your identity - to you - at the moment, that you are eating healthy...

I guess you might associate the old unhealthy you as the stubbly punter which has since been replaced by the lettuce-faced hippy. It's odd that the bottom layer hurt though, I'm not sure that that might mean. But pain is a warning in dreams and otherwise, so it may be that the lettuce removal is representing some sort of fear or apprehension. I still don't know what though, could just be that once the lettuce is all gone it's just the old you left and that is the unhealthy association you have. It almost sounds like you are concerned about losing control of the diet - it grows out of your face in a way that can be controlled once it's happened, but you can't stop it happening.

On the back of all of that, it may be that you didn't want to eat it because you don't feel like your body is really a reflection of your lettuce-growing identity. Like you are projecting the image of a lettuce face, but actually your body is crap. Perhaps you're worried that it's too late to fix your body, or perhaps you are defining your iedntity too heavily by what you are eating.

In conclusion, you want to suck cock.

No there's great debate about what dreams mean, my psychology lecturer explained this by saying that if one person has a strange dream it could be intepreted to be about sex but what if they have sex dreams as well, what would that be interpreted to be if not just about sex?

The same dream might mean different things to different people

I hate it when you're shattered, you turn the alarm onto snooze for the 4th time and you start dreaming that you've gotten up... when really daft things start happening you then realise you're still sprawled* out in bed, dozing and running late

*yeah... I'm an elegant sleeper :O

I used to do that when I stayed at my folks and was thirsty....dream i would go down stairs get a drink and come back to bed, thenwake up expecting it to be on teh table next to me....very diappointing!

Dream analyzing seems to be a heap of ding for the most part. Purely because my now ex had a bash at it, since she was doing Psycholgy or some made up subject at Uni. I told her I was having recurring dreams about my teeth falling out. She consulted her Psychology lecturer, and she came back and told me it was because I was worrying about money.

I lived at home and I worked full time. Afer paying my way, I literally had 180 pocket money a week. Her and her Mickey Mouse degree can go and get fucked.

I have had one like that too and it was very disturbing, altho it was a friend who killed the person and I was helping get rid of the body in Perwinnie's Moors, by way of fireworks & fire.....horrible!

Nah when studying Consciousness, our lecturer admitted that dream analysis is basically a load of shit as we don't fully understand consciousness yet so successfully interpreting an altered state of consciousness isn't possible.

His example was the sex one, saying that someone might say you're having a dream about sexual desire but if you have a sex dream another night, why would you need to have a dream with a hidden meaning? You're basically going round in circles with it

I've also been responsible for a body in a dream. Though, as I recall, I don't believe I actually killed a person in my dream, I just felt responsible for their death for some reason. It was pretty bad, the police were sniffing around and I didn't know what to do, like own up to it or hide it.

I just put it down to general guilty feelings spilling over into my dreams, nothing deep.

HAHAHA was that at Aberdeen University? Unless they've changed lecturers I can't imagine why they would say that dream analysis is a dead cert - the textbooks even say it's tosh

It wasn't. It was Sheffield Hallam. The one that everyone puts as a 7th choice, but ends up at anyway because they did drugs and stole shopping trolleys when they should have been revising.

I didn't think she consulted her lecturer anyway. I just think she told me that to reinforce how true her analysis was. She really liked being right, but evidently she wasn't bright enough look into my circumstances before committing to absolute cowpat logic.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't. It was Sheffield Hallam. The one that everyone puts as a 7th choice, but ends up at anyway because they did drugs and stole shopping trolleys when they should have been revising.

I didn't think she consulted her lecturer anyway. I just think she told me that to reinforce how true her analysis was. She really liked being right, but evidently she wasn't bright enough look into my circumstances before committing to absolute cowpat logic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hate bitches who think they know everything, women can be so annoying. Including myself.

I've been trying to place what it is that makes me dream like that. I can't suss it out. I've rulled out cheese, booze and caffiene. I'd prefer not to have to endure them, if it was at all possible.

The dreams where I was seeing weird shit in my bedroom were only over a short duration and seem to have stopped. I felt the need to apologise to my boyfriend afterwards as seeing my face the first time it happened completely freaked him out... not assisted by the fact that in poor lighting, my eyesight is significantly better than his. He was convinced for a second that I was seeing something he couldn't.

One of the worst things I used to find for giving me restless sleep was playing computer games before bed, my brain would still be racing when I went to bed and it used to give me crazy dreams. My nephew also used to play Playstation before bed and suddenly developed a sleepwalking habit (one time walking into the living room, pissing on the carpet and then yelling "I CAN'T GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL!"). It stopped as soon as his ma stopped him playing PS2 in the evening. So if you're a gamer, try knocking that on the head. Best avoiding movies right before bed as well, reading for an hour right before bed might help you get more relaxed sleep.