Jump to content
aberdeen-music
Guest idol_wild

Pet Hates!

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but the Amazon Video user interface is complete and utter horse cocks.

Maybe I'm just used to Netflix, but it seems so difficult to find things, or get to things quickly. It's not too bad on the computer, but the TV interface gives me maximum irk.

Any top tips to alleviate my boiling piss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelloggs axing Ricicles, spouting some guff about helping kids cut down their sugar intake.

Get fucked. If parents want their kids to reduce their sugar, stop giving them Ricicles. I'm an adult, I get to decide how much sugar I get. Give me the Ricicles. 


Outraged. I think I need to have a Daily Mail article done about me, with a photo of me pointing angrily at a box of Ricicles, where I blame it on lefties and call it a cereal nanny state. Bloody Kelloggs, those commie snowflakes, and them remoaners and their war on sugar. Rabble rabble rabble.

 

 

Fucking love Ricicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Kelloggs axing Ricicles, spouting some guff about helping kids cut down their sugar intake.

Get fucked. If parents want their kids to reduce their sugar, stop giving them Ricicles. I'm an adult, I get to decide how much sugar I get. Give me the Ricicles. 


Outraged. I think I need to have a Daily Mail article done about me, with a photo of me pointing angrily at a box of Ricicles, where I blame it on lefties and call it a cereal nanny state. Bloody Kelloggs, those commie snowflakes, and them remoaners and their war on sugar. Rabble rabble rabble.

 

 

Fucking love Ricicles.

You know you can just buy Rice Krispies and put sugar on them and it's the same. You know that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

You know you can just buy Rice Krispies and put sugar on them and it's the same. You know that right?

Yeah, but where's the cool space man dude on the box?

Those Rice Krispy douche bags can take a long walk off a short cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entertainment at my work Xmas party next week is a Garth Brooks tribute act. What the absolute fuck. You people think you have problems. I've already RSVPd yes, I have to go to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lemonade said:

You know you can just buy Rice Krispies and put sugar on them and it's the same. You know that right?

No chance.

It's like saying Frosties are the same as Corn Flakes with sugar. Very different. Not at all the same.

Not a fan of adding sugar to cereal. The sugar just seems to sink to the bottom, and at the end you just have this sugar sludge in the milk. Ricicles make the milk sweet without the sugar gunge. And they're just better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into the toilets at work (University of Aberdeen) and finding that someone has daubed swastikas and the phrase 'Ban Islam' on the cubicle doors.  Bit depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gobby cow in my office who repeats things like "they've been told they can't put up Christmas decorations any more in case they offend non-Christians" and it's "CHRISTmas, the clue is in the name" and "its merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays" on a stupid loop for the past month. 

She has also said more than once  that you can't say blackboard any more or sing baa baa black sheep, and I got caught in the crossfire of an anti abortion rant recently too. She talks shit, all day, very loudly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

She has also said more than once  that you can't say blackboard any more or sing baa baa black sheep

I remember my Nan saying that when I was a kid. like, 25 years ago. My Nan's a bit racist, like most Nans.

They were definitely just myths though, right? "Black board" was definitely used all through high school (do blackboards even exist anymore?) and my missus' niece is currently learning baa baa black sheep, in the 2017 state of Christian White oppression.

You need to flush your time-travelling closet-racist colleague's head down the bog.

 

I do love the annual War on Christmas rants though. Every year, like clockwork. Some prat I know was crying about how Christmas Crackers are only called "Crackers" now, because "THEY'RE BANNING CHRISTMAS!!". Nah fam. I've got a massive box of 50 crackers in the attic that I've had for a decade, because we only use a couple every year. They must be from about 2008, when I first moved to Aberdeen, they've moved to about 4 different houses now, and the extra space in the box we use for storing the tinsel. The box just says "Crackers" and that was nearly 10 years ago. Were they ever actually called Christmas Crackers?

And who even gives a fuck? What have they even got to do with Christmas anyway? I'm going to need to have another squint at the nativity scene to see where it is exactly that the Baby Jesus and one of the shepherds pull on some cardboard banger with a mustache comb and a shit joke inside.

If Christmas is being banned, they need to tell Bristol, because Bristol looks like it vomited Christmas everywhere. I've been to 3 Christmas markets in a week. The one in Cardiff had a stall where this old guy just bellowed "MIIIIIIIIIINCE PIIIIIIIIIES" in the most brazen of Welsh accents, repeatedly. He was wearing a Santa hat, so obviously didn't get the reminder about the nationwide Christmas ban. Off with his head!

Edited by Soda Jerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lemonade said:

The gobby cow in my office who repeats things like "they've been told they can't put up Christmas decorations any more in case they offend non-Christians" and it's "CHRISTmas, the clue is in the name" and "its merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays" on a stupid loop for the past month. 

CyGyTXlW8AA0udS.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AGFW couldn't understand why he couldn't check-in for his flight when the email said he can check in 24 hours before his flight's departure time. Instead, he was told that check-in opened in 7 minutes. The flight was at 10:30. This happened at 10:23. And he still doesn't understand why he had to wait 7 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 2:59 PM, Soda Jerk said:

I remember my Nan saying that when I was a kid. like, 25 years ago. My Nan's a bit racist, like most Nans.

Racist Gran would be a great band name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teabags said:

AGFW couldn't understand why he couldn't check-in for his flight when the email said he can check in 24 hours before his flight's departure time. Instead, he was told that check-in opened in 7 minutes. The flight was at 10:30. This happened at 10:23. And he still doesn't understand why he had to wait 7 minutes.

Your work sounds like its full of complete Mongs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, colb said:

Racist Gran would be a great band name.

I'm envisaging it as some sort of formulaic hardcore band, with lyrics made up entirely of things that racist grans say.

Racist Gran needs to have some crew neck long sleeved tees made up, like all the old hardcore bands had, with xBACKxINxMYxDAYx printed down one of the sleeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

I'm envisaging it as some sort of formulaic hardcore band, with lyrics made up entirely of things that racist grans say.

Racist Gran needs to have some crew neck long sleeved tees made up, like all the old hardcore bands had, with xBACKxINxMYxDAYx printed down one of the sleeves.

Id wear that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-ordering records, only to have to wait longer than I would have if I just bought it when it came out.

Pre-ordered Tyler, The Creator's Scum Fuck Flower Boy in JULY. People in America have only just started getting theirs. Sure, its apparently a nice pressing, but I could have the black one delivered tomorrow with Amazon Prime.

 

Also ordered Listener's Being Empty Being Filled Vol 2. There was a delay and I could offered to order Vol 3 and combine postage. Did that. Was supposed to be sent out on 16th Nov. No record, no reply to emails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I've ever pre-ordered records in the past is to make sure I don't forget to buy it when it comes out. It's a pretty dumb reason and I've only done it twice, I think.

Pretty sure I had no problems with them getting delivered though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...