aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I've not still worn any shirt packaging, as far as I am aware. There's just so bloody much of it, and it's all going in the bin. Not very green. 

The packaging serves no real purpose. It's not like it makes the shirt for to wear straight out of the packet. Because it isn't.  It's got some sever creasing because it's all been folded around card and clipped together. You need to give it a wash with some fabric softener as it's so stiff and starchy. Then it needs a good iron.

just sell it on a coat hanger, or folded on a shelf. Less of an accumulation of plastic bits that are going in the bin.

People who think typing Amen on a picture of a burnt baby is actually going to do anything. Also, the people who start that kind of horrible shit. This weird modern hunger  for likes at its most extreme. 

"100k people liked my picture!"

Well done. You found a picture of a dead baby on Google and shared it with the world. 

Edited by Lemonade

18 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

People who think typing Amen on a picture of a burnt baby is actually going to do anything. Also, the people who start that kind of horrible shit. This weird modern hunger  for likes at its most extreme. 

Well done. You found a picture of a dead baby on Google and shared it with the world. 

Amen!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Also the thing of mocking up a fake conversation with brand/restaurant/person in power (see facebook dude) where the person will get something if they get so many likes, shares and comments, just a whole look at me i'm important exercise. 

32 minutes ago, MattJimF said:

Also the thing of mocking up a fake conversation with brand/restaurant/person in power (see facebook dude) where the person will get something if they get so many likes, shares and comments, just a whole look at me i'm important exercise. 

I was going to post this too.  Also, making a fake page for Land Rover or whatever and saying like and share and we'll give away a Land Rover. So it's like, wow 250000 people liked my post! A post that had nothing to do with you and they thought they were getting a free Land Rover. How is that worthy of bragging rights?

Similarly when people use someone incredibly famous on social media to get all the likes, George Takei for example, they'll post a totally unrelated meme in the comments of a George Takei post, so they can bathe in the several thousand likes.

and it'll be one of those really shitty reaction memes that are everywhere now. You know the kind I mean. I don't have one to hand, so I'm just going to make one up:

When ya squad suggests nandos and you hungry af 

Image result for sheldon grin

Click. Post. One billion likes. Internet Champion.

Get fucked. 

Edited by Soda van Jerk
  • Upvote 1

I am getting increasingly annoyed at the news coverage of the Great British Bake Off contract changes. At the end of the day, it's Tory shite that I try to ignore, but it is 6Music's top story right now and the Evening Express are covering it in their local section(??)! Assed with watching shows where people make cakes for a man too fat for a goatee and a geriatric woman that has an onion for a head.

• Upvote 3

I've often wondered when the obsession with TV shows as news stories began.  In the 'olden days' (I think pre-2000 anyway) TV shows were really popular (even more so than now probably) but stuff that happened in them didn't generally make the news unless it was something ridiculous like someone dying.  These days the most minor thing like someone being knocked out of Bake off or X Factor seems to pretty much be headline news across the board.  Syria, global warming, pandemics - they just can't compete with Ed Balls on Strictly for importance.

I won't hear a

19 minutes ago, Hakuba Mountain Wizards said:

I am getting increasingly annoyed at the news coverage of the Great British Bake Off contract changes. At the end of the day, it's Tory shite that I try to ignore, but it is 6Music's top story right now and the Evening Express are covering it in their local section(??)! Assed with watching shows where people make cakes for a man too fat for a goatee and a geriatric woman that has an onion for a head.

No one has suited a goatee since 1998. 

I have a goatee.

How has the Bake Off even become this godly national treasure anyway?

If you want a mixture of exuberant baking, drama and charm, you watch Cake Boss.

I don't see Mary Berry making a fire engine cake that actually shoots water in to a burning building made of Rice Krispie squares.

Or Hollywood, has he ever sculpted the Stanley Cup out of fondant and had to deliver it upstate on a train?

Couple of frauds.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

The thing that I really like/can't understand about any of these baking shows is that these people (the ten 'best amateur bakers in the country') spend hours making the 'perfect' cake and it still looks completely shite.

424448_405552486195081_659447974_n.jpeg

They usually look really fantastic. Thats from a celebrity comic relief  special.  Don't let the man fool you. 

BBC are a shitshow that are now charging you to watch their stuff online. Bollocks to that. They lost The Simpsons, they lost Malcolm in the Middle, they lost fresh prince. I haven't really watched BBC much since those brilliant thursday night at 6 line ups. I hate Jeremy Clarkson but they couldn't even keep a hold of his tosser pals. And now they've lost Bake Off, but aye, we're so great we'll charge you for watching our stuff online, even though, online, you can watch our stuff for free at loads of other great dvd shops.

Just don't get a TV Licence. If they write to you telling you to get one, say you either don't own a TV, or that your TV is a monitor for your games console.

I'd say that's about 95% true in my case anyway. We watch hardly any real TV. It's all Netflix/Prime and Sky Boxsets. I definitely don't watch anything on the BBC. Paying for something I don't use can go to hell. Especially at £20-odd quid a month. That's more than we pay for Netflix and Prime combined. We have a basic Sky package pretty much for the Internet, as its half the price of BT including TV, though we only really use it for the boxsets.

Fuck the TV licence. Just get adverts and stop billing and prosecuting people for not paying for something they don't even want. 

59 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Just don't get a TV Licence. If they write to you telling you to get one, say you either don't own a TV, or that your TV is a monitor for your games console.

I'd say that's about 95% true in my case anyway. We watch hardly any real TV. It's all Netflix/Prime and Sky Boxsets. I definitely don't watch anything on the BBC. Paying for something I don't use can go to hell. Especially at £20-odd quid a month. That's more than we pay for Netflix and Prime combined. We have a basic Sky package pretty much for the Internet, as its half the price of BT including TV, though we only really use it for the boxsets.

Fuck the TV licence. Just get adverts and stop billing and prosecuting people for not paying for something they don't even want. 

I'm pretty sure TV license is £12 odd. I watch plenty of stuff on BBC so don't have a problem paying for it.

• Upvote 2

£24 a month for your first one, cos you pay a years worth in 6 months the first time around.

I'd have no issue paying it if I used it. If the TV Licence Van Man came around, he'd probably say we'd technically have to get one, as our TV is attached to a Sky box, which is attached to an aerial, even though we use the Sky box for the box sets and pretty much no live TV. I can't remember the last time we watched any proper live TV.

To be honest, I've not even had a letter telling me to get one in around 5 or 6 years. Do they still have the vans detecting TV signal? I guess they'd be pointless now though, right? Someone could be watching Netflix or playing a video game.

I do not. I watch live games via Kodi, and highlights on sites like Footytube. Saturday nights are for watching shit action films, not waiting up to hear Alan Shearer say "Pace, power, precision" 50 times in an hour.

Kodi is obviously not legitimate, but the Sky/BT combo is a con. To have both in tandem plus your basic Sky package is almost £100 per month, and with that you still can't watch every Premier League game, cos of 3pm kicks offs still being blacked out, which seems wildly outdated now.

So I steal football from the bewilderingly rich footballers and goobers like Richard Scudamore and Rupert Murdoch. I feel okay about it.

• Upvote 1

The TV license website is so vague and shit, it basically scares you in to getting one just in case.

A TV Licence covers you to

• watch or record live TV programmes on any channel,
  • download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

Okay, fair enough. So if you have freeview or sky, or bt tv, you need one.

A TV Licence covers you to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, and to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer. This applies to any device and provider you use, including:

• TV sets (including smart TVs)
  • DVD, Blu-ray and VHS recorders
  • Laptops and desktop computers
  • Tablets, mobile phones and other portable devices
  • Digital boxes or PVRs (such as Sky, Virgin Media or BT TV)
  • Games consoles
  • Media streaming devices (such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku and Now TV)
  • Freeview, Freesat or YouView

This bit makes it look like you need one if you have TV. at all. or a dvd player. or a fucking vhs player. oh and games consoles. You don't need it for that. But the license some how "covers" you if you do have any of these.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't get live BBC on NowTV. But because you can watch live tv on it, (not bbc) you still have to pay a license. So you can have a set up that means you don't get live BBC broadcasts, you can go your whole life not watching BBC. But if you get any other live tv that pays for its content with adverts, you still have to pay the BBC. 

It's so shit it's unbelievable. 

The good thing is, that you dont get back-dated bills. As long as you don't lie. If a TV License man comes to your door and you say "aye i have sky, where do I sign up?" you just pay from then. If he comes to your door and you tell him you don't get live tv, but he finds out you do, that's where the fines come in to place.