aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The shitty canteen at work - how hard is it to grill a fucking Panini?  Imagine a normal grilled Panini, now imagine that the cut bit is actually down the middle, facing up at you.  The filling is falling out all over the place.

I went back to them and asked how the hell they manage to do that and got a "uh, not sure".

Edited by Scubby
derp

6 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Coats that don't have the little hoop in the collar for easy hanging up.

That annoying situation where you're lapping the fifth coat on a saturated hook, praying it gets some purchase and stays up could all be avoided if all coats had that little hoop. 

Agreed. And in addition to this: no coat hooks in places there should be coat hooks. The only seat left at my favourite coffee shop the other day was a high bar stool. Ideally, there would have been a hook under the ledge where I put my coffee, but there wasn't and so I had to sit on my jacket like a schmuck. "If there is no back to your chair, a coat hook should be there" as the old saying doesn't go. 

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, Lemonade said:

I had my favourite woollen winter jacket hanging over the back of my office chair last week and I rolled backwards to speak to a colleague, rolled over my jacket, came to a sudden halt and ripped my jacket. I support coat hooks.

It's a pity the hooks didn't support your coat.

9 hours ago, Scubby said:

*ex-costa employee alert* asking for extra hot is pointless, as staff are only allowed to heat it to a certain temperature.  They'll say "yeah, no problem" to appease you, but it's the same temperature as all the other drinks (unless someone asks for it to be not as hot).

Oh god, I used to work at a costa as well. So many of the customers are just full of shit.

When people seem to go right out of their way to tell you that they don't like Brewdog, and exactly why they don't like Brewdog. It seems to have become ultra-cool to claim to not like Brewdog. The beer, the marketing, the things they write on the labels, James Watt himself. The lot.

Who cares? It's fucking beer. Get a grip.

• Upvote 2

I can take or leave their beer, but a lot of people seem to be very vocal about their dislike of the company recently. It's hip to hate them.

Two gobshites at work refused to step foot in the new Brewdog bar on Friday night on our office's Xmas night out. An actual on-the-spot boycott. It was stupid. They're stood at the door, ranting in tandem about Brewdog. One of them didn't seem to have a problem swigging his can of Coke and scoffing his Nestle chocolate bar at lunch. You know, companies who subscribe to mass violation of human rights, but he wouldn't go into a pub because he thinks James Watt is a bit of a knob and he thinks the stickers on the Brewdog bottles are patronising. Shithouses.

Edited by Soda van Jerk
  • Upvote 4