aberdeen-music
Guest idol_wild

Pet Hates!

It's basic food hygiene not to cross contaminate different food types.

See that was immediate thought, but then the more I thought about it I started to doubt myself. In fairness when I complained she made me another one, but I'm wondering how much chicken grease I've inadvertantly eaten this week when I wasn't paying attention.

The woman in the deli place I went to at lunchtime. I saw her use a knife to cut open a baguette, slice up a hot breaded chicken fillet (it's a Polish thing), cut up the sandwich, then use the same knife to make my cheese sandwich. Er, fuck off you, use a clean knife please, not one that's covered in chicken grease. I've had lunch there every day this week and wasn't paying much attention, maybe I won't any more.

I'm not being crazy right, that's not right?

It's really shitty having to deal with this most days, when it's so fucking basic. You are being the opposite of crazy.

If we're doing vegetarian pet hates: restaurants not understanding that parmesan isn't suitable, but putting it in fucking everything and getting huffy when you ask about it.

Not that I go out to eat a whole lot, but still. 

Also, people asking "omgh how do u get ur protein????? HOW CAN U LIVE WITHOUT BACON???? LOL, BAAAACON". Just fuck off. 

Also 2: Also Harder - the rise of burger joints opening up fucking everywhere. It's not fucking haute cuisine to eat a burger. It's, essentially, a form of sandwich. There is nothing special about sandwiches, however great they are. End this now.

• Upvote 2

If we're doing vegetarian pet hates: restaurants not understanding that parmesan isn't suitable, but putting it in fucking everything and getting huffy when you ask about it.

Not that I go out to eat a whole lot, but still. 

Also, people asking "omgh how do u get ur protein????? HOW CAN U LIVE WITHOUT BACON???? LOL, BAAAACON". Just fuck off. 

Also 2: Also Harder - the rise of burger joints opening up fucking everywhere. It's not fucking haute cuisine to eat a burger. It's, essentially, a form of sandwich. There is nothing special about sandwiches, however great they are. End this now.

I hate that question too. I get my protein from YOUR MUM. And the bacon thing. Maybe bacon is delicious, but so is sweetcorn, so fuck you.

Oh, yeah I am a vegetarian. I should have probably mentioned that. Obviously you don't follow me on twitter, I tweet about it a lot :laughing:

Definitely! Make her feel so bad! In my lengthy time of 6 days at a cafe in November, this sort of stuff was basic knowledge. One knife for meat, one for veg. It's the same in every subway, they don't change their gloves! I don't have anybody from here on other social media! I'll never join twitter! They can't take me!

Even if I was vegetarian, it wouldn't bother me for that reason. It would bother me because it's against regulations.

I'd give that deli a 2 word review: shit sandwich.

That's not real is it?  You can't print that

Edited by Mac Atom
  • Upvote 2

A good burger is just about as good as food gets. However some places try to go way over the top in making it fancy and completely get it wrong.

A good burger is just about as good as food gets. However some places try to go way over the top in making it fancy and completely get it wrong.

Chips in a bucket... On a plank of wood...

An I too boring to think pubs are far more enjoyable than nightclubs?

No, your not. In fact your absolutely correct. Sadly pubs in this city are not aloud to open very late well except for Moorings.

I also go with the loose chance that I might pull but sadly this never happens.

Edited by Improved Thinker

Als

That and them being served on wanky hipster chopping boards, with the chips in a mini bucket... I WANT A PLATE.

I personally don't have a problem with chopping boards or buckets. Maybe the buckets are a bit shit but it's never bothered me.

Also, Slates are aright depending on what's being served on them - ideally moss and bird shit.

Yeah, you're not allowed to think that hipster burger bars are shite unless you're dragged in against your will and force-fed thrice cooked chips served in a teapot.

xx

Why even cook chips at all? I'm a strong advocate for the cave man diet for improving everything about your life, and everyone knows that they ate their chips still frozen.

A real man just munches on the raw potato, none of this airy fairy chopping pish.