aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Was rejected for a contract role as according to agency I didn't match the spec required (which was surprising as reading the spec I hit every requirement listed).  Just been approached by another agency who have came across my CV, asking if I'm interested in the same role.

ARGH!

I fucking hate this shit.  Also got knocked back today for another role I was really interested in without even an interview. There were over 60 fucking applicants.  Last time I advertised a role for my team here last year we had just 10 and only 1 was suitable for interview.  The market is brutal just now.

What the hell is going on in Aberdeen just now? Is it really as grim as i'm hearing? 

Oil price goes down, contracts get lost, people lose jobs...do I understand the situation right? If that's the case, then when the price of oil goes back up everyone will be back to work until it happens again. What a horrible market.

My pet hate for the day: any social media account with 'bible' in the title.

• Upvote 1

What the hell is going on in Aberdeen just now? Is it really as grim as i'm hearing? 

Oil price goes down, contracts get lost, people lose jobs...do I understand the situation right? If that's the case, then when the price of oil goes back up everyone will be back to work until it happens again. What a horrible market.

My pet hate for the day: any social media account with 'bible' in the title.

It's pretty grim. Most companies have announced job cuts in some form. I know a lot of people here and in other companies that are under review or have been made redundant.  Contractors have been dumped as well or had to take big rate cuts.  Those that are left all seem to be miserable (I fall into that camp).

But there is still work out there, the industry hasn't ground to a complete halt and the oil price is improving slowly. Things will move on. 

Gas/Electric companies - they keep changing my direct debit amount because it's automatically set, then closed my account and decided to send reminders.  FUCKWITS.

And this is why I never pay gas/electric by direct debit. I submit a meter reading and pay them based on that bill. I don't trust any of them.

It's so frustrating, I don't see why it's so difficult to just take a set amount each month.  They sent 3 letters about my direct debit amount, all different.  It's mental.

Probably because they have absolutely no idea what your usage will be. They can analyze against previous years but that's not in their interests (or particularly accurate). Having your money in their account earning them interest or having you in debt to them is in their interest though.

And this is why I never pay gas/electric by direct debit. I submit a meter reading and pay them based on that bill. I don't trust any of them.

Same. Utility companies also have a habit of just taking direct debits whenever they want, and not on agreed dates. BT are cuntycunts for this too. I even cancelled that direct debit and I just pay them online at the end of the month. If a company takes your money before an agreed date and you don't have the funds to cover it, then your bank will bend you over for it.

BT once took a direct debit from me, and then sent me a letter 2 weeks later saying I'd not paid my bill. My bank statement showing BT taking the direct debit wasn't sufficient evidence, and they demanded I paid again. I had to get someone at Santander to write to BT and say "Oi, shitbird, you definitely took this guys money, you lying thieves", but even that didn't result in a decision being made right away. The only way I could prevent my service from being axed was to pay again. It took a few months of complaining to get that second payment refunded. Didn't get an apology, or even a few quid off my bill. Just a "There you go, here is your money back. Don't fuck with BT again" or words to that effect.

DD's should be binned. Standing Orders are better. pay on your terms. Not theirs.

• 2 weeks later...