aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Are youse (copyright YA) using the e-cigs that look like cigs or a vape pen thing? I tried the cigs and wrote them off as shit pretty quickly. Then my pack a day colleague completely switched over to a vape pen and hasn't smoked in about 6 months so I gave it a shot. I wish I had done it sooner. I was not smoking for a month, getting drunk and nabbing cigs left and right then caving in, repeat. I still feel like a total nobber doing it in public but fuck it im much healthier.

Have the vape lounges started popping up in Britain yet? They're all over my part of Poland. Dunno how I feel about it all yet, it's a whole subculture now.

My granda is a heavy smoker, and struggled when a flight was delayed because he couldn't go outside for a cigarette.  To help for future holidays, my gran asked me to pick up a vaporizer for him to try out.  He loves it, and he doesn't feel that he's actually quit - he still has the odd cigarette but his use has drastically reduced.

I'm a big fan of my e-cigarette. I would definitely recommend not buying cheap disposable ones, as they taste like the worst thing ever. I feel healthier and I don't stink of cigarrette smoke anymore. Plus, it is very cheap. I don't mind that a lot of places are banning it, as long as I can smoke my minty nicotine glycol solutions at gigs and at the pub, I'm happy.

The main downside is that you look like a total virgin straight a out of a crap sci-fi film, instead of the coolest bastard in the world when you are honking away on your vape rod, or whatever people call them.

I have no idea what a vaping lounge is, does everyone there have a top knot?

I have no idea what a vaping lounge is, does everyone there have a top knot?

Pretty much. There's a 'Steampunk' one near me. Picture that one guy you were vaguely friends with at uni who was heavy into the mechanics of smoking weed rather than just enjoying it. Like he'd make his own bongs and shit... that, but way worse because they're not even getting high to take the edge off the enthusiasm. They refer to real cigs as 'analog'.

Pretty much. There's a 'Steampunk' one near me. Picture that one guy you were vaguely friends with at uni who was heavy into the mechanics of smoking weed rather than just enjoying it. Like he'd make his own bongs and shit... that, but way worse because they're not even getting high to take the edge off the enthusiasm. They refer to real cigs as 'analog'.

That does sound hellish.

'What rig are you using?' I'd imagine that would be a good ice breaker.

'My life was going nowhere until I lowered the impedance of my element.' etc.

It took me two hours to get home from work last night. An hour of crawling up the motorway in first gear. Turns out there was a crash on the southbound carriageway. My carriageway northbound was fine. People slowing down to look at what happened on the other side caused a 20km tailback. Then I got pissed off with the motorway and decided to get off it early and cut in through the city, where I then got stuck in traffic for a fucking Lionel Richie concert.

I realise this Pet Hate is quite specific, but it was annoying.

If he really punched someone then it isn't political correctness gone anything, I think the BBC has a bit of a reputation for being a bit wet and lefty tho so it fits with the stereotype. Clarkson is a professional nuisance really, I think he's actually quite an intelligent man when the cameras are off, he just plays a buffoon on TV. I do like Top Gear (although it's definitely in decline), I'll be sad if it gets the axe, tho Louis Theroux is basically saying he's got the timeslot for the next few weeks so it doesn't look like being a quick resolution.

Edited by Lemon Raspberry

People who are in the same small office as you, but  still have to walk over to your desk, wait for you to stop what you're doing and turn to speak to them - I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU, OURS JOBS ARE NOT RELATED! Fuck off, it's creepy! Even worse when they whisper and we're the only two people here!

It's happened 4 times today already and it's just to make a pointless statement or an attempt at gossip. AAAAARGH.

I am ranty.

Office small talk is pain.

Unless it's with people I know that like football, as you can usually initiate it by just saying something off the cuff like "Fuckin' referee. What a joke". You don't even need to say "Hello" or anything. Just a quick "Offside, my arse!" and simultaneous grumbles will follow.

But the girl I sit next to, I just have nothing to say to, ever. She doesn't like football, and I don't like Twilight or Candy Crush, so we have nothing we ever need to say to each other.

I hate cunts who stand in front of the counters chatting in the canteen. Like one was making tea and someone came over and started chatting and now they're just standing there chatting. And you're like. Would you mind fucking off so I can make tea without having to say excuse me three times. Because you say excuse me once so you can get to the teabags then they budge down and then they're standing in front of the kettle. Then you say excuse me again and they budge down and stand in front of the fridge. GO AND STAND SOMEWHERE ELSE, CUNTS.

Edited by Lemon Raspberry
  • Upvote 3