aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who clearly see you are on your lunch, yet still see it as okay to interrupt.  Even better when it's something that is in no way urgent, and could simply be emailed through.

(you're not allowed to sit in the canteen if you bring your own lunch, and my office doesn't have a designated lunch area so have to sit at my desk)

People who clearly see you are on your lunch, yet still see it as okay to interrupt.  Even better when it's something that is in no way urgent, and could simply be emailed through.

(you're not allowed to sit in the canteen if you bring your own lunch, and my office doesn't have a designated lunch area so have to sit at my desk)

This is a significant pissboiler. Just respond to them with a mouthful of food. That'll learn 'em. Being as disgusting as possible is a trusted person-repellent.

I eat lunch at my desk too, because the canteen in Marischal College is always rammed. Even better when this Hotdesking regime comes in and you won't be allowed to eat at your desk, because you won't have your own desk. Joy. Yet the canteen for the whole building probably has a seating capacity of 50. It's going to be chaos.

I'll probably just chug down a Pot Noodle standing up, whilst reserving my desk with a beach towel. Fuck the police.

• Upvote 1

Applied for a job which I was really keen on.  Wrote a really nice, professional covering letter and gave the CV a wee spit and polish.  Didn't even get an interview.

18 months of trying to move job gets pretty tiring.

I'm just out of spending months doing this. It's demoralising.

Being on jobseekers after graduating a couple a couple of years ago was probably the worst time of my life.

I'm just out of spending months doing this. It's demoralising.

Being on jobseekers after graduating a couple a couple of years ago was probably the worst time of my life.

I was on jobseekers after graduating for about 7 or 8 months.  Had a total blast.  But that was despite the job hunting, which was really shit.

Since I started my career I've changed job a few times and it's never taken longer than a couple of months to find something new.  This 18 months of knowing something isn't right where I am and looking for something else has been really draining.  Just seems to be a tough time to be looking, especially in IT.  Too many applicants and not enough jobs.

It's not happened in at least 7 years - since buying a planet waves cable - but that last one is almost as bad as trying to find a guitar/mic' lead that works when you have a pile of shitty old ones.

Absolutely maddening, it's one of the ones that has a combined input / output jack and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to pick up the line in. After a couple of hours trying and only succeeding in recording echoey snatches of Midsomer Murders which my girlfriend was watching in the background and the sound o myself clicking I gave up and went to bed in a bad mood.

E-cigarettes.

I've got one, and it's working, but I hate that it's working. I don't know why I'm so angry about it. I wish I could just smoke constantly, but I'd smoke magical cigarettes that don't make my clothes smell terrible or end up killing me.

UGH

E-cigarettes.

I've got one, and it's working, but I hate that it's working. I don't know why I'm so angry about it. I wish I could just smoke constantly, but I'd smoke magical cigarettes that don't make my clothes smell terrible or end up killing me.

UGH

I've been on my bifter for 6 1/2 months now. I quite like it. I don't miss anything about smoking, other than how fucking cool it looks.