aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

If you've spent 2 days in interviews/assessments and you still don't know if you want the job - you probably don't. Gut feeling plays a surprisingly big part in the successfully getting a new job process.

Yeah, fuck that. 4 hour assessment and presentation, no chance I'd be doing that for some dick head employer if I wasn't totally sure I wanted the job.

All the fucking plastic, paper and card that surrounds a formal shirt when you buy it.  

Also shirts that come with ties. I have dozens of ties that I never wear. I realise that it's possible to buy shirts that don't have an accompanying tie, but sometimes I just want the shirt that comes with a tie. Fucking Next have even started putting tieclips and weird neck clip things in with their shirts. More useless tat I'll never use.

And in one last formal clothing related hate, I only seem to be able to buy trousers that are too short or too long. And that's before you take the Next size lottery into account. Both these trousers are 34 inches you say? Yet one pair I can put my fist in between my belly and the waist and the other pair I can barely close. It's not as though these are measured using some arbitrary vague unit of measurement. It's fucking inches! Why are they different sizes!?

People in this thread seem to like a moan about parcel delivery companies, I'd like to give my local postie an honourable mention for this aborted attempt to deliver a parcel to me on Friday when I wasn't in. It wouldn't fit the letterbox so he just jammed it in as best he could and left it hanging there, on to the street. Thankfully my neighbours are pretty trustworthy. It's the "yup, that'll do"-ness of it that I like.

https://twitter.com/5ea5erpent/status/505363858207543297

People in this thread seem to like a moan about parcel delivery companies, I'd like to give my local postie an honourable mention for this aborted attempt to deliver a parcel to me on Friday when I wasn't in. It wouldn't fit the letterbox so he just jammed it in as best he could and left it hanging there, on to the street. Thankfully my neighbours are pretty trustworthy. It's the "yup, that'll do"-ness of it that I like.

https://twitter.com/5ea5erpent/status/505363858207543297

My postie pulled off a stellar effort last week, worthy of a Yodel delivery.  I ordered a bunch of electronic components and a textbook. The jiffy bag was obviously bigger than the letter box, yet I came home to see some bits of sticky address label stuck on the front of the letterbox.  I thought that was a bit strange but there was no delivery card through the door and no sign of the package. I wandered through to my kitchen and just happened to glance at the back door where I noticed a package leaning beside the window next to the door.  Sure enough there was my jiffy bag full of electronics left outside for hours and full of puncture holes because he'd tried to stuff it through the letterbox first.  If I hadn't noticed it then it would have been outside all night and got soaked.

Everything in the bag appeared to be OK apart from one tiny on/off switch on the main board which had been snapped off by the attempt to squeeze through a small metal rectangle. Rendered the whole thing useless.

I'm going to join in the moaning about deliveries. I just noticed a card inside the door saying that I wasn't in to sign for a special delivery. I've just been in the living room listening to a football podcast. The postie must have the quietest knock possible. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to go and pick it up myself. Booo-urns.

I'm not a massive Billy Idol fan or anything, I only know a few songs, but it's at a venue right in the city centre on a Friday night, thought it be a fun night out. Not 120 quids worth of fun though. I'll just put on the record at home, dress up, drink warm beer out of a plastic cup and elbow my girlfriend in the face a few times. It'll be just like being there.

• Upvote 1

Noisy neighbours. No need for wall-rumbling loud music at lunch time on a Saturday. Or ever, when you in a block of flats.

And why is it always proper shite music they blast as loud as possible? I don't think I've ever heard a noisy neighbour cane a Bad Religion record at full pelt through a sub woofer. What gives?

• Upvote 2