aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Gladstone

When I go for a piss at work, I tend to use the cubicle (for no other reason than I often need to blow my nose) /coolstorybro

What I hate is when I hear someone else coming into the toilet (on my floor, there is one urinal, one cubicle and one hand dryer) because I know that one of these things will happen:

1. I'll be finished washing my hands before the other guy and he'll be standing waiting for me to dry my hands. I will not fully dry my hands because I feel like a dick taking ages to dry my hands whilst he's patiently waiting. I hate not drying my hands properly.

2. He'll be finished washing his hands before me and I'll then be waiting for him to finish with the dryer. I will take longer to wash my hands so as to not pressurise him into leaving with not quite dry hands, but the guy knows that you're waiting and so doesn't dry his hands properly anyway.

I hate both of these scenarios equally.

EDIT: I forgot to also add, that in scenario 1, it gets worse if the guy tries to talk to me whilst I'm drying my hands. We have one of those super duper hand dryers that makes a hoor of a noise, and I have to stop drying my hands to talk to him, thus taking longer, and thus increasing the chances of my hands not being fucking dry. The world is full of pain.

When I go for a piss at work, I tend to use the cubicle (for no other reason than I often need to blow my nose) /coolstorybro

What I hate is when I hear someone else coming into the toilet (on my floor, there is one urinal, one cubicle and one hand dryer) because I know that one of these things will happen:

1. I'll be finished washing my hands before the other guy and he'll be standing waiting for me to dry my hands. I will not fully dry my hands because I feel like a dick taking ages to dry my hands whilst he's patiently waiting. I hate not drying my hands properly.

2. He'll be finished washing his hands before me and I'll then be waiting for him to finish with the dryer. I will take longer to wash my hands so as to not pressurise him into leaving with not quite dry hands, but the guy knows that you're waiting and so doesn't dry his hands properly anyway.

I hate both of these scenarios equally.

EDIT: I forgot to also add, that in scenario 1, it gets worse if the guy tries to talk to me whilst I'm drying my hands. We have one of those super duper hand dryers that makes a hoor of a noise, and I have to stop drying my hands to talk to him, thus taking longer, and thus increasing the chances of my hands not being fucking dry. The world is full of pain.

If you have a super duper hand dryer, how fucking long can it possibly take to try your hands?

Alternative solution - use a paper towel.

xx

Guest Gladstone
If you have a super duper hand dryer, how fucking long can it possibly take to try your hands?

Alternative solution - use a paper towel.

xx

Not very long - but it feels like an eternity when there's someone standing behind you waiting to use the fucking thing!

No paper towels in our toilets - probably because it's not deemed environmentally friendly but burning fossil fuels to power a super duper hand dryer is apparently...

I don't need to justify myself to you - this is the pet hates thread :finger:

Pet Hate: Mandarins.

Mandarins can fuck off and die. Not only are they a prick to try to peel with all the pith thinking in can act the goat and stick to the orangey bit that I want to eat, but when you're taking the peel off even though it's tough as shit to break into, the peel comes off in tiny little chunks. Then it has the fucking audacity to get all squished in my fucking Lennie Small hands and all the fucking juice goes everywhere. THEN the cunt of a thing thinks it's acceptable, after all that shit, to have fucking seeds in it. Do you think just because you're a little bit bigger than a clementine that makes it OK to be this fucking difficult to eat?! I think not.

Clementines know what the score is. Peel comes off all at once with no fuss, no pith, no seeds, no fucking problem.

Clementines >> Mandarins.

xx

QFT.

Since we're on fruit. When apple skin gets stuck in your teeth after chowing down on one is a pain in the tits.

Don't get me started on when you bite an apple and part of the core comes away with the bite of flesh so you're stuck eating that weird, nylon-tasting shit that holds the seeds in....

xx

Don't get me started on when you bite an apple and part of the core comes away with the bite of flesh so you're stuck eating that weird, nylon-tasting shit that holds the seeds in....

xx

I once ate an entire apple including seeds and core when I was younger. I was like "Fuck this, I'm eating you all". And that's what I did. Wouldn't do it again though and wouldn't recommend it.

I knew a guy when I was young that always ate the whole apple. I get one tiny bit of the core in my mouth and it spoils the whole apple eating experience for me so f**k that. I also worked offshore with a guy who ate whole Kiwi fruits including the hairy skin. I get one bit of the skin in my mouth and I'm repulsed, so again, f**k that. X-(

All hairy fruits are wrong. The worst for me is peach. Sooo tasty but why would i want to eat something that feels hairy in your mouth.

I knew a guy when I was young that always ate the whole apple. I get one tiny bit of the core in my mouth and it spoils the whole apple eating experience for me so f**k that. I also worked offshore with a guy who ate whole Kiwi fruits including the hairy skin. I get one bit of the skin in my mouth and I'm repulsed, so again, f**k that. X-(

Sounds like scrotum. Tasty.

Yeah I was going to make a thing out of the whole 'Why would I want to eat a whole peach?' and I was going be like 'Yeah, that's why your girlfriend comes to me instead, I'll eat the whole damned thing'.

Then I did.

And I'll eat the bananas.

Hang on a second....