aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

fucking stagecoach bus drivers, again. had an argument with one yesterday who was hacked off about me handing him a tenner for a 5.80 fare. the bus was already 12 minutes late and he had the nerve to have a go at me because i didn't have change. he had plenty of change to meet my 4.20 needs too so he really was just being a dick.

They don't ask for exact change, and they get given a bunch of change before they leave the station because of that... Stagecoach bus drivers are utter wankers at times.

It's a bit hit-and-miss depending on how decent the float is when they leave the depot and head out on a round, and exactly how many people throw tenners/twenties at them before you get on.

Of course, it would be far more sensible to have flat fare distance-related structures to the nearest quid/50p, but there's not a hope in hell of that ever happening...... :ding:

(PS: Most of the drivers in south Teuchterville are perfectly reasonable, I find.)

"apps" as in "there's an app for that"

Generally this sort of TV advertising style that speaks to you like you are a child. You know the kind of message what could be simpler than our product? We make technology easy usually delivered in a smarmy southern English voice. There seems to be a habit by advertisers at the moment to soundtrack all this with pseudo-nursery rhyme style music and little jingles that sound like they are written by fucking Jack Johnson. Deedle dee dee-dee-dee. My lifes easy because I use this product, papa dapa da, my life is so mellow because Ive got this phone contract

I know all TV advertising is the work of Satan but this in particular makes me want to tie people to chairs and mercilessly beat them for hours on end. Hole in your kneecap? Theres an app for that. Severed thumb? Theres an app for that. First degree burns to your face? GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! Theres an app for that.

fucking stagecoach bus drivers, again. had an argument with one yesterday who was hacked off about me handing him a tenner for a 5.80 fare. the bus was already 12 minutes late and he had the nerve to have a go at me because i didn't have change. he had plenty of change to meet my 4.20 needs too so he really was just being a dick.

Bus drivers are c**ts.

My decision on this is based mainly on the sheer amount of them that hurtle through red lights and junctions and narrowly miss pedestrians as if carefree of that fact they are driving something that is most likely to kill the person.

Generally this sort of TV advertising style that speaks to you like you are a child. You know the kind of message what could be simpler than our product? We make technology easy usually delivered in a smarmy southern English voice. There seems to be a habit by advertisers at the moment to soundtrack all this with pseudo-nursery rhyme style music and little jingles that sound like they are written by fucking Jack Johnson. Deedle dee dee-dee-dee. My lifes easy because I use this product, papa dapa da, my life is so mellow because Ive got this phone contract

I know all TV advertising is the work of Satan but this in particular makes me want to tie people to chairs and mercilessly beat them for hours on end. Hole in your kneecap? Theres an app for that. Severed thumb? Theres an app for that. First degree burns to your face? GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! Theres an app for that.

There seems to be an rule that the more impersonal the product (mobile phones, banking) the more likely the advert will emply some awful 'Life's an adventure' bullshit. It's not! Life oscillates between being unbearable and fantastic, just tell me what your rates are! I know friends are good! I just spent last night drinking with them, watching Tony Jaa films and playing Final Fight until 4am! Fffffffuck!

How alienated must someone be before they identify with some mobile phone advert reminding them taht going to gigs with friends is a good time?

Sure I've posted this before, but Charlie Brooker on the same thing:

Charlie Brooker on 'tweetronising' commercials | Comment is free | The Guardian

A bloke at my work was telling me about an article he read about pointless apps. One of them was an app that overheats your iphone and turns it into a handwarmer.

Breaking your phone...there's an app for that.

As much as i hate having to give change for notes for small amounts of money. Although dave's seemed perfectly reasonable. I would never give anyone a hard time for giving me notes. I have had to decline notes before though because i didn't have the change for them (a result of excepting notes to big for the change i had in the first place).

You work in a supermarket, don't refuse notes just get more change.

There seems to be an rule that the more impersonal the product (mobile phones, banking) the more likely the advert will emply some awful 'Life's an adventure' bullshit. It's not! Life oscillates between being unbearable and fantastic, just tell me what your rates are! I know friends are good! I just spent last night drinking with them, watching Tony Jaa films and playing Final Fight until 4am! Fffffffuck!

How alienated must someone be before they identify with some mobile phone advert reminding them taht going to gigs with friends is a good time?

Sure I've posted this before, but Charlie Brooker on the same thing:

Charlie Brooker on 'tweetronising' commercials | Comment is free | The Guardian

Well known journalists who manage to articulate my newly identified pet hate much better than I in articles written three years ago rendering my own recent rantings seemingly hackneyed, dated and amateur.

Guest Gladstone
No where near as easy as you think when it's busy which is when of course, i start to run low on change if every one is paying by card or which big notes. Plus, if they have smaller notes, which the vast majority of the time people whap out when i ask if they have anything smaller, then every thing's fine.

On a related pet hate. When people come in with 50's and 100's to pay for something for less than a tenner. it's completely unnecessary. We're not supposed to have a lot of money in our till, so when someone comes along with one of these fuckers, it quite often cleans our till out:down:

See in a few years time, you'll think back to working in the supermarket and remember how easy life was back then...

No where near as easy as you think when it's busy which is when of course, i start to run low on change if every one is paying by card or which big notes. Plus, if they have smaller notes, which the vast majority of the time people whap out when i ask if they have anything smaller, then every thing's fine.

On a related pet hate. When people come in with 50's and 100's to pay for something for less than a tenner. it's completely unnecessary. We're not supposed to have a lot of money in our till, so when someone comes along with one of these fuckers, it quite often cleans our till out:down:

Being an escaped retail-drone, I feel for you, but cash machines are often the culprit for this. If you go to one thinking 'I need 50 for all the stuff I'm doing today' chances are you'll often get a 50 note.

Guest idol_wild
See in a few years time, you'll think back to working in the supermarket and remember how easy life was back then...

And in a number of years time, you'll think back to when you could sit on aberdeen-music all day every day whilst at work, and remember how easy life was back then. :up:

Guest idol_wild
Being an escaped retail-drone, I feel for you, but cash machines are often the culprit for this. If you go to one thinking 'I need 50 for all the stuff I'm doing today' chances are you'll often get a 50 note.

I have never received a 50 note from a cash machine.

Guest Gladstone
And in a number of years time, you'll think back to when you could sit on aberdeen-music all day every day whilst at work, and remember how easy life was back then. :up:

Yup.

Although those days have already gone for me... I've been on today for about 20 minutes because I can't be arsed working anymore - having already put in about 9 hours of hard paper shuffling.

Me neither, on the contrary I always seem to get machines that just spit wads of 10s at me when I'd quite like some 20s. The TSB at Holburn Junction is especially bad for this. I don't think I've ever had anything except tenners out of it.

Son, when you're as fly as me, the cash-machine gives you 50s even when you ask for a 10. Out of fear.

Seriously though, now I'm doubting myself. I've had 50s from somewhere and I don't ever really go into the branch to withdraw cash...

Where are these 50 notes coming from?

• Upvote 1