aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Royal Mail. Absolute bunch of useless bastards. And I say that as someone with an uncle and a friend who works for them.

My gf pre-ordered the Enter Shikari - The Spark bundle (limited mint record, bonus clear record, tape, cd, slipmats and a top) as my main present. Dispatch note was 20th September (the album was due to come out on the 22nd, so pretty decent time to post it out. 22nd came, nothing. monday the 25th came, nothing. It got closer and closer to my birthday (2nd October) and nothing arrived. It's now been 2 weeks since the album was released, and still nothing. the distributor has offered a replacement or refund. I'm just hoping the mint record wasn't as limited as they let on, and that they have some spares. 

Second pet hate: having records I want in my hand but not being able to buy them - waiting on chameleon to get in the twin peaks records, and waiting for the spark to turn up, i popped in HMV and picked all three up. had them in my hand. put them back, knowing I'd get them from elsewhere. That was 4 days ago. I still don't have any of them.

I ordered a phone from the UK to be delivered to Ireland, it had a track and trace number, saw it being accepted at the Post Office, being shipped to Heathrow, arriving at Heathrow and then... Nothing. It sat in Heathrow for two weeks. Presume it fell down the back of a desk or something. Fuck Royal Mail. Fuck the Queen. Brits out. 

Agreed with Royal Mail getting to fuck.

Went to collect a parcel the other day, as the slip said it was too big for my letterbox.

Got down there, gave him the slip, he handed over the parcel... It definitely could have fit through my letterbox (I was petty enough to even check when I got home, and it did). I eyed up the parcel's width, then I gave him the stink-eye and a passive aggressive exhalation. You know, not quite a deep sigh, not quite a huff, but an audible breath so he knows he's fucked me off.

I might even tut next time, and roll my eyes so exaggeratedly that I give myself a migraine.

My wife was sitting in the house the other day and heard the letterbox. Went through and there was a "sorry we missed you" card from the guy who reads the meter. He didn't even knock or anything. She went to the window and watched him do the same to the next three houses in the street, then when he saw her watching him he PRETENDED to knock on a door, put another note, came back to our house knocked, and said "hi I'm here to read the meter". Didn't even mention the fact that he'd put a card through not two minutes before. I reported the cunt. 

How is reading the meter still a job that a person has? You can submit readings by text message now. I can do mine through an app, because it's not the 80's.

When I was with SSE, they were dead pushy about their men reading the meter, even though they'd send me text messages saying "You MUST submit your meter readings NOW" which I'd do, then a guy would still turn up a few days later. He always seemed to come in the evenings whilst I was cooking, and my gas meter was a pain in the arse to get to in the very small kitchen, so I'd tell him "I've already sent them in". "Yeah, but you are legally obligated to let us see them" and starts giving me some spiel about how the meter is their property, giving it large like he's a bailiff.

Nah. Kitchen's occupied. Go get a warrant. You drive a van around to do a job that can be done by e-mail. Jog on.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

How is reading the meter still a job that a person has? You can submit readings by text message now. I can do mine through an app, because it's not the 80's.

When I was with SSE, they were dead pushy about their men reading the meter, even though they'd send me text messages saying "You MUST submit your meter readings NOW" which I'd do, then a guy would still turn up a few days later. He always seemed to come in the evenings whilst I was cooking, and my gas meter was a pain in the arse to get to in the very small kitchen, so I'd tell him "I've already sent them in". "Yeah, but you are legally obligated to let us see them" and starts giving me some spiel about how the meter is their property, giving it large like he's a bailiff.

Nah. Kitchen's occupied. Go get a warrant. You drive a van around to do a job that can be done by e-mail. Jog on.

My meter was above my door. So I had to go get a ladder for him. I had to enter mine online every now and again. Then someone would come round. It's like, either trust the numbers I give you, or don't make me get the ladder out if you're going to send someone anyway.

On 06/10/2017 at 9:00 AM, Jaaakkkeee said:

Royal Mail. Absolute bunch of useless bastards. And I say that as someone with an uncle and a friend who works for them.

My gf pre-ordered the Enter Shikari - The Spark bundle (limited mint record, bonus clear record, tape, cd, slipmats and a top) as my main present. Dispatch note was 20th September (the album was due to come out on the 22nd, so pretty decent time to post it out. 22nd came, nothing. monday the 25th came, nothing. It got closer and closer to my birthday (2nd October) and nothing arrived. It's now been 2 weeks since the album was released, and still nothing. the distributor has offered a replacement or refund. I'm just hoping the mint record wasn't as limited as they let on, and that they have some spares. 

Second pet hate: having records I want in my hand but not being able to buy them - waiting on chameleon to get in the twin peaks records, and waiting for the spark to turn up, i popped in HMV and picked all three up. had them in my hand. put them back, knowing I'd get them from elsewhere. That was 4 days ago. I still don't have any of them.

Update: Chameleon got in the Twin Peaks records I was after. Got them plus Mogwai - Atomic. 
Also, looks like we'll get a replacement sent out for the Enter Shikari record. Only problem is, we ordered the limited signed mint vinyl. I'm afraid they'll only have the normal silver left (not fussed about getting it signed to be honest). My gf laid it on thick about it being a main present, and told them to send it tracked, or even next day. They replied saying they'll get back to us on Monday.

New pet hate: Taking over a day to reply to an email at 5.25pm to tell me I'll get a proper reply on monday.  

• 2 weeks later...

I hate people  who try to talk in stupid funny riddles instead of just telling you what they want to say. Like omg yr so funny m8. A guy comes in to my office this morning (a high up manager type so I had to be polite)

"The cow must have got lost this morning"
"I'm sorry?"
"I said the cow must have got lost this morning"
".... Right?"
"Betsy must be on strike"
"Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about"
"There's no milk"

Couldn't have just said "oh there's no milk". Also, I'm a data analyst in the finance department. Why do you think I order the fucking milk? Hold on a minute and I'll just squeeze some out of my tits for you.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but the Amazon Video user interface is complete and utter horse cocks.

Maybe I'm just used to Netflix, but it seems so difficult to find things, or get to things quickly. It's not too bad on the computer, but the TV interface gives me maximum irk.

Any top tips to alleviate my boiling piss?

• 4 weeks later...

Kelloggs axing Ricicles, spouting some guff about helping kids cut down their sugar intake.

Get fucked. If parents want their kids to reduce their sugar, stop giving them Ricicles. I'm an adult, I get to decide how much sugar I get. Give me the Ricicles. 

Outraged. I think I need to have a Daily Mail article done about me, with a photo of me pointing angrily at a box of Ricicles, where I blame it on lefties and call it a cereal nanny state. Bloody Kelloggs, those commie snowflakes, and them remoaners and their war on sugar. Rabble rabble rabble.

Fucking love Ricicles.