aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

On 8/10/2017 at 9:50 AM, colb said:

A band playing a full record from start to finish isn't unique either - without even going out of my way i've seen Teenage Fanclub, The Breeders, Roger Waters and Television do it. I'm willing to bet a quick internet search would turn up a load of tribute bands doing it too.

Just as an update to this, the lineup for Rumours at HMT was announced yesterday and I mistakenly thought this was a one-band event, playing the record from start to finish. It's actually a heap of bands, presumably doing one or two songs each, collaborations etc, and includes the record plus a 'best of' set - all paying tribute to Fleetwood Mac. Which sounds pretty decent to me.

Lineup is:

Eugene Kelly (The Vaselines), Emma Pollock, Martha Ffion, Louis Abbott (Admiral Fallow), Be Charlotte, Alice Marra (The Hazey Janes), Duglas T. Stewart (BMX Bandits), Sam West, Sinderins

22 minutes ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

Just as an update to this, the lineup for Rumours at HMT was announced yesterday and I mistakenly thought this was a one-band event, playing the record from start to finish. It's actually a heap of bands, presumably doing one or two songs each, collaborations etc, and includes the record plus a 'best of' set - all paying tribute to Fleetwood Mac. Which sounds pretty decent to me.

Lineup is:

Eugene Kelly (The Vaselines), Emma Pollock, Martha Ffion, Louis Abbott (Admiral Fallow), Be Charlotte, Alice Marra (The Hazey Janes), Duglas T. Stewart (BMX Bandits), Sam West, Sinderins

Watching Eugene and Duglas trying to hit those Fleetwood Mac harmonies will be entertaining if nothing else...

Sorry - no matter who's doing it it's just another tribute act for me. McFleetwood played Newmachar in July, I wasn't interested in that either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AGFW wanted me to rewrite a section of a large PDF file he sent me. To show me which part he wanted me to rewrite he could've got up and walked over to my desk and pointed it out on my monitor with the PDF open. Instead, he walked over to pick up the PRINT OUT OF THE PAGE HE WANTS ME TO WORK ON, FROM THE PRINTER THAT IS DIRECTLY BEHIND ME. WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT IN PRINTING THIS!?!?!?

Pushy people on eBay, again. I thought it was just record buyers, but it's everyone.

I've listed my iPad, as I haven't used it in about a year. Within half an hour, I get 5 messages asking for the Buy It Now price. Not "Would you be willing to put a Buy it Now price up?". No. A straight "What is the buy it now price" from all 5 of these goobers, like I have one but haven't told them. I send them all a generic "Sorry, no BIN price. Auction only".

One of them has been a persistent little shite though. He comes back and says "I will pay £220 including P&P to USA. Please e-mail me your Paypal address to my e-mail address below so I can pay you." Then he signs off with "God Bless America".

I don't have time for this. I copy and paste him what I told him the first time.

He again replies "£220 waiting. What is your address so I can make prompt payment".

I'm going to ignore him. If he send me another message, I'll take his £220, and mail him a bag of cat shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 years since I moved to Ireland, and for the last year or so I'd say I have proper mates, not friends, not acquaintances, but real mates, the kind that you know they're real mates because you rip the piss out of each other all night, but you know if you rang them at 4am for any reason they'd have your back. Went to the cinema with two of them last week and they're the kind of people who talk all the way through the film. Time to find new mates. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

6 years since I moved to Ireland, and for the last year or so I'd say I have proper mates, not friends, not acquaintances, but real mates, the kind that you know they're real mates because you rip the piss out of each other all night, but you know if you rang them at 4am for any reason they'd have your back. Went to the cinema with two of them last week and they're the kind of people who talk all the way through the film. Time to find new mates. 

Cinemas are just a harrowing experience because everyone who goes to them is a bastard.

Have you ever seen a film at the cinema where people didn't turn up late, loudly? There is no such thing. You could be watching the one and only screening of a completely unknown foreign film at midnight, and someone would still turn up late, post-trailers, and unzip the biggest, noisiest coat in the seat right next to you, and light up their face with their mobile phone on full brightness for the whole film.

Keep the mates. Avoid cinemas forever.

• Upvote 1

On 22/09/2017 at 11:57 AM, Soda Jerk said:

Cinemas are just a harrowing experience because everyone who goes to them is a bastard.

Have you ever seen a film at the cinema where people didn't turn up late, loudly? There is no such thing. You could be watching the one and only screening of a completely unknown foreign film at midnight, and someone would still turn up late, post-trailers, and unzip the biggest, noisiest coat in the seat right next to you, and light up their face with their mobile phone on full brightness for the whole film.

Keep the mates. Avoid cinemas forever.

That's a whole other pet hate. If I owned a cinema I'd lock the doors as soon as the lights went down. No fucking refunds if you miss the start either. 

19 hours ago, Lemonade said:

That's a whole other pet hate. If I owned a cinema I'd lock the doors as soon as the lights went down. No fucking refunds if you miss the start either. 

I worked in a cinema for a while, Have never set foot in one since. when you find a puddle of jizz after a showing of Shrek 3 you kinda get put off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

I got a little amorous with a young lady in the old Odeon on Justice Mill Lane years ago, during some crappy film about mountain climbers. I definitely didn't spaff on the floor though. 

Touching the void?

I’m talking about the film of course, not the moment of post-ejaculatory introspection