aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet hate: When an office colleague openly giggles with exaggeration whilst reading something clearly unrelated to work—giggling audibly in the hope that someone engages them about what is making them laugh. Y’know, because it’s so fucking funny.

Pet hate antidote: When nobody in the office engages the giggling attention-seeker, leaving them to exponentially reduce the giggles until it’s clear nobody in the office gives two dick-socking fucks.

My world is turned by the small victories.

Edited by Eupraxia
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Eupraxia said:

Pet hate: When an office colleague openly giggles with exaggeration whilst reading something clearly unrelated to work—giggling audibly in the hope that someone engages them about what is making them laugh. Y’know, because it’s so fucking funny.

Pet hate antidote: When nobody in the office engages the giggling attention-seeker, leaving them to exponentially reduce the giggles until it’s clear nobody in the office gives two dick-socking fucks.

My world is turned by the small victories.

I used to ignore these calls for attention, it was fun. Now my office isnt full of those kind of folk and it's ace. 

Pet Hate: Not noticing damage and buying second hand.

Bought a record I've been after for a while (MBV - Glider). Been busy, took it out the bag today, it's got marks all over the cover. Looks almost like burns. And the inner sleeve was covered in what looked like dried dirt. Apparently I had 14 days to return. Wednesday is the 14h day. Feel like a bit of a dick returning a second hand item, but at the same time, half the reason I buy vinyl and not CDs is because you get the artwork, but bigger. That doesn't work if the artwork has some weird stains all over it.

Unless someone can clarify, does the Glider EP have weird brown spots on the bottom of the cover?

On 08/07/2017 at 9:56 PM, Jaaakkkeee said:

Pet Hate: Not noticing damage and buying second hand.

Bought a record I've been after for a while (MBV - Glider). Been busy, took it out the bag today, it's got marks all over the cover. Looks almost like burns. And the inner sleeve was covered in what looked like dried dirt. Apparently I had 14 days to return. Wednesday is the 14h day. Feel like a bit of a dick returning a second hand item, but at the same time, half the reason I buy vinyl and not CDs is because you get the artwork, but bigger. That doesn't work if the artwork has some weird stains all over it.

Unless someone can clarify, does the Glider EP have weird brown spots on the bottom of the cover?

I managed to buy a car recently without noticing a massive fucking dent in it. 

Two different courier experiences this week, first the good.

Wednesday morning I get a text from DPD, "Your DPD driver Glenn will be delivering your parcel today between 10am - 11am. If this is inconvenient please go to our website to manage your delivery". Go to website, for no extra cost they can drop off your parcel at any Londis store, of which there are many, including one right next to my house. Select that, straight away get text confirmation "Your DPD driver Glenn will be delivering your parcel to Londis Fassaugh Avenue today between 10am - 11am" followed by at 11.05 (5 minutes late Glenn!) "Your parcel is ready for collection at your preferred Pickup Point - Your Pickup pin is 5576. You'll need this to collect your parcel". Drive round after work, here's my pin, boom, parcel. Cheers DPD! 

On the other side, my wife gets a text on Saturday, (hers was with An Post) "We just tried to deliver your parcel, sorry you weren't home, we will return it to the An Post parcel centre blah blah", no option to have it delivered somewhere else.  Bear in mind, the delivery address on the parcel was the shop she works in, in Dublin city centre that was definitely open at 1pm on a Saturday when she got the text. So that was an obvious lie, also she rang the shop and asked and no one had been in. Then she gets another text at 7.30 this morning, "your parcel was just delivered". An hour and half before the shop opens when there's no one there and the shopping centre is locked up. Unsurprisingly she got there today at 9 and there's no parcel. So its a fucking mystery where that's ended up. 

Edited by Lemonade

17 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Two different courier experiences this week, first the good.

Wednesday morning I get a text from DPD, "Your DPD driver Glenn will be delivering your parcel today between 10am - 11am. If this is inconvenient please go to our website to manage your delivery". Go to website, for no extra cost they can drop off your parcel at any Londis store, of which there are many, including one right next to my house. Select that, straight away get text confirmation "Your DPD driver Glenn will be delivering your parcel to Londis Fassaugh Avenue today between 10am - 11am" followed by at 11.05 (5 minutes late Glenn!) "Your parcel is ready for collection at your preferred Pickup Point - Your Pickup pin is 5576. You'll need this to collect your parcel". Drive round after work, here's my pin, boom, parcel. Cheers DPD! 

On the other side, my wife gets a text on Saturday, (hers was with An Post) "We just tried to deliver your parcel, sorry you weren't home, we will return it to the An Post parcel centre blah blah", no option to have it delivered somewhere else.  Bear in mind, the delivery address on the parcel was the shop she works in, in Dublin city centre that was definitely open at 1pm on a Saturday when she got the text. So that was an obvious lie, also she rang the shop and asked and no one had been in. Then she gets another text at 7.30 this morning, "your parcel was just delivered". An hour and half before the shop opens when there's no one there and the shopping centre is locked up. Unsurprisingly she got there today at 9 and there's no parcel. So its a fucking mystery where that's ended up. 

DPD are fucking excellent. A perfect 5/7 from me.

xx

• Upvote 1

We used to use DPD at my old job to send phones out to customers and they were fucking hopeless. Endless complaints. Seems they've got their shit together over the last few years. 

Update on my wife's parcel. Driver turned up with it this afternoon, and nonchalantly said sounds like the guy on Saturday decided to take a half day so just marked everything undeliverable (explains why the text  came in at 1pm), and said he marked all his parcels as delivered at 7.30 that morning in case the battery on his hand held scanner run out. What is this bullshit / what is life? 

Edited by Lemonade

Pet Hate:   Hopeless service from retailers, online and in store.  Ordered a part at a local motor factors last week, guy at the desk said to write my name and number on a pad he handed to me, as he pealed off another name and number.  I asked if I should put the part detail on it so he'd know what he had my number for but he wasn't interested, haven't heard from them since.  

Ordered a pair of brake calipers for a car (left and right handed parts) online and received two totally different parts (after 7 days from ordering with 24hour post), the wrong one was nearly twice as big as the other in a completely different sized box, was fairly obvious they were not a pair.  I had to send photographic proof of their screw up to them before they would arrange sorting it out. 

Pet Hate: Being hungover and getting a cold at the same time.

Went down to Glasgow to visit a pal. Ended up drinking far too much and spewing my ringer at half 7 in the morning before passing out. Woke up at around 2pm and felt like death. My throat and food pipe were horrible. Spewed too hard. On the second day I thought my hangover still hanging around, and I couldn't yawn or hiccup without discomfort. 3rd day and hiccups are less uncomfortable but now I'm coughing and sneezing. Meaning the damaged food pipe is still getting strained. Plus, I left half a litre of spicey and almost a whole take-away cookie pizza down the road. 

Booking a hotel 4 months ago for a trip in August when the reviews were reasonable. Then in the past week, the reviews have all been 1 Star "avoid avoid avoid" "DON'T DO IT" with photographs of the hotel being a building site, with one side of the hotel missing a whole external wall, and staircases replaced with temporary makeshift scaffolding steps, photos of rats, photos of windows in the rooms boarded up, and photos of pus-oozing blisters from bed bugs.

Thankfully, it was a no fee cancellation booking. But I've had to book another hotel for an extra £120, because we go NEXT WEEK so the prices have almost doubled (or are completely fully booked) than they were 4 months ago.

Netflix not having full seasons. Netflix doesn't have the last 7 episodes of Mad Men. Watched it from the beginning again. Got up to Season 7 episode 7 and it just ended. Thought it might have been a small season as episode 7 did wrap up some arcs while leaving somewhat of a cliffhanger. Felt like a good ending that just came too soon. Then I read that it got split in two halves, like the last season of Breaking Bad. So I've now got to watch the second half of the season on a dvd shop.

• Upvote 1

Selling stuff on eBay, listed only as posting to Europe. Get a message. 

"Hi can you post to Brazil?" 

I don't really want to post to fucking Brazil but fine, I'll make an exception. Of course the cunt wins the auction. Then as soon as it closes:

"Hi, can I pay you next week?" 

FUCK OFFFFFFFFF. Why bid for something you don't have the money for, cunt? 

Then he starts hassling me for an invoice. 3 messages in 3 hours. I absolutely 100% know for certain that if it doesn't reach Brazil within a couple of days he'll bombard me with "Hi, this hasn't arrived yet" messages. Fuck Brazil. Why does someone in Brazil even want a Bohemians 2011/2012 home jersey?

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

Ebay is a nightmarish hellscape.

I got the same sort of shite when I sold all my records last year.

I also stated I'll post to Europe only, but message me if you're outside Europe and I'll quote you a price. A guy from Canada asks if I can post to him. I said yeah, but it'll cost you X amount. He said fine.

Like your scenario, he obviously wins the auction with a final minute bid. I send him the invoice, and the little shit then asks me to reduce the postage. Fuuuuuuuu. Because ebay now take their 10% off the postage as well, I'm actually losing money on the postage, and it didn't include the cost of the LP mailer and the padding. Just the stamp. I said no, it costs what it costs. He got arsey about it and didn't pay for another couple of days! Then also sent "where is it?" messages after a few days. Didn't give me feedback afterwards, even though I threw in a free LP (because it didn't sell in its own auction, and also to pad out the mailer).

Fuck late paying, postage haggling ebay bastards. Fuck Canada. Fuck Brazil.

8 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Selling stuff on eBay, listed only as posting to Europe. Get a message. 

"Hi can you post to Brazil?" 

I don't really want to post to fucking Brazil but fine, I'll make an exception. Of course the cunt wins the auction. Then as soon as it closes:

"Hi, can I pay you next week?" 

FUCK OFFFFFFFFF. Why bid for something you don't have the money for, cunt? 

Then he starts hassling me for an invoice. 3 messages in 3 hours. I absolutely 100% know for certain that if it doesn't reach Brazil within a couple of days he'll bombard me with "Hi, this hasn't arrived yet" messages. Fuck Brazil. Why does someone in Brazil even want a Bohemians 2011/2012 home jersey?

1 hour ago, Soda Jerk said:

Ebay is a nightmarish hellscape.

I got the same sort of shite when I sold all my records last year.

I also stated I'll post to Europe only, but message me if you're outside Europe and I'll quote you a price. A guy from Canada asks if I can post to him. I said yeah, but it'll cost you X amount. He said fine.

Like your scenario, he obviously wins the auction with a final minute bid. I send him the invoice, and the little shit then asks me to reduce the postage. Fuuuuuuuu. Because ebay now take their 10% off the postage as well, I'm actually losing money on the postage, and it didn't include the cost of the LP mailer and the padding. Just the stamp. I said no, it costs what it costs. He got arsey about it and didn't pay for another couple of days! Then also sent "where is it?" messages after a few days. Didn't give me feedback afterwards, even though I threw in a free LP (because it didn't sell in its own auction, and also to pad out the mailer).

Fuck late paying, postage haggling ebay bastards. Fuck Canada. Fuck Brazil.

Don't let this happen to someone else. Buy my records and comics directly through the threads I started in Trading Post.

Best part about selling your records on ebay is getting a patronising and incredibly detailed paragraph of instructions on how to package an LP to be posted, along with ACTUAL THREATS of negative feedback if the instructions aren't followed. That's a real thing that happened. One of them even linked me to the kind of mailers I should use.

I was selling over 100 records. You think I don't already have mailers at the ready? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

I didn't reply. I sent him the record in the mailers I had. They were good mailers. Fuck him. Fuck Brazil etc

22 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

Best part about selling your records on ebay is getting a patronising and incredibly detailed paragraph of instructions on how to package an LP to be posted, along with ACTUAL THREATS of negative feedback if the instructions aren't followed. That's a real thing that happened. One of them even linked me to the kind of mailers I should use.

I was selling over 100 records. You think I don't already have mailers at the ready? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

I didn't reply. I sent him the record in the mailers I had. They were good mailers. Fuck him. Fuck Brazil etc

You gotta do what you gotta do to make sure you don't get a jiffy job.

Sure. Perhaps a quick "Are you using mailers or jiffy bags?" would do.

I still have the e-mail of the best one! Here it is:

"Please send ASAP to *address*. You should not use a jiffy bag, and you should send by following these steps:

Step one. take the record out of the sleeve. dust off any of your fingerprints, dust or residue present before sending.
Step two. place 12x12 card between sleeve and LP still inside paper sleeve (this stops the sleeve from bending around the shape of the vinyl) with additional card on outside of sleeve and outside of LP.
Step three. place in mailer (here is an example of a record mailer - *link* please use this kind) in the assembled order from step two.
Step four. send to me via special delivery.

I expect you to send as above as I do not wish to use negative feedback. thanks"

He didn't even pay for Special Delivery postage, the cheeky shite!

Nah. Fuck that. You're getting it in a bin bag, after I've pissed on it.

• Upvote 5