aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Yesterday, AGFW put his finger in the fan of a computer processor while it was on and said "OW! That bloody hurt." He then put his finger in the fan again.

Also, after having a showerthought of "How the fuck did humans invent bread? Who was the first ground up wheat, added water and baked it?" AGFW chimed in with one of his own

"Also, popcorn. How did they decided to eat it once it popped...
...they didn't even have cinemas back then"

• Upvote 1

AGFW picks up a can of compressed air to clean his keyboard.

"Teabags, don't stick this up your nose."
"Wasn't planning on it but you should probably remind yourself."
"Whadyamean?"
"Well...the other day...sticking your finger in a processor fan. Twice."
"Oh yea. lol."

Edited by Teabags

Some more I've dug up from Skype convos with workmates...

AGFW: "Did you know that "therapist" also says "the rapist"? Bit strange, huh"

When I say bye I generally say "tatties" or "tattie bogul". Its just doric ways of saying bye. But they actually mean "potatoes" or "scarecrow" (y'all probably know that)
Well, while preparing a quiz for his son, AGFW discovered what they mean
He's now is just sitting there constantly saying "tattiie bogul. it's a scarecrow" every now and then in a high pitched voice.

AGFW: Teabags, can you help me figure out which email address this is; c******@ourcompanyname.com
Me: Probably contact@ourcompanyname.com
AGFW: Ah, thank god you're here to save the day
HOW WAS THAT DIFFICULT!?

While getting a coffee with AGFW and another co-worker, the coworker says "AGFW, you're one of those people that googles 'What is the EU?' after voting for Brexit."

AGFW just said "Can't believe CO-WORKER has a girlfriend. He can't be as rude to her as he is in chat. He's so rude."
He's rude to you cos you're THICK AS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

AGFW: "Did you guys hear about the guy that can see colours?"

2 hours ago, Teabags said:

Some more I've dug up from Skype convos with workmates...

AGFW: "Did you know that "therapist" also says "the rapist"? Bit strange, huh"

When I say bye I generally say "tatties" or "tattie bogul". Its just doric ways of saying bye. But they actually mean "potatoes" or "scarecrow" (y'all probably know that)
Well, while preparing a quiz for his son, AGFW discovered what they mean
He's now is just sitting there constantly saying "tattiie bogul. it's a scarecrow" every now and then in a high pitched voice.

AGFW: Teabags, can you help me figure out which email address this is; c******@ourcompanyname.com
Me: Probably contact@ourcompanyname.com
AGFW: Ah, thank god you're here to save the day
HOW WAS THAT DIFFICULT!?

While getting a coffee with AGFW and another co-worker, the coworker says "AGFW, you're one of those people that googles 'What is the EU?' after voting for Brexit."

AGFW just said "Can't believe CO-WORKER has a girlfriend. He can't be as rude to her as he is in chat. He's so rude."
He's rude to you cos you're THICK AS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

AGFW: "Did you guys hear about the guy that can see colours?"

All stone cold classics.

Not an AGFW nor a pet hate but a funny comment in my office yesterday...

One of the web devs was wearing a Jets T-Shirt (NFL team). I bump into her in the kitchen and say 'Go Jets!... didn't know you were a fan'

her reply: "Well, i'm not really... i mean, I don't even know all the characters"

CHARACTERS!!! She meant 'Players' but said 'Characters'!!!

We both got a good chuckle out of it.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

One of the web devs was wearing a Jets T-Shirt (NFL team). I bump into her in the kitchen and say 'Go Jets!... didn't know you were a fan'

her reply: "Well, i'm not really... i mean, I don't even know all the characters"

She sounds like a right character.

1 hour ago, ca_gere said:

Maybe she wants Brendan Rodgers to be their coach.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Co-worker and I are talking
AGFW says something over the top
CW: "AGFW, wtf, I cant hear if you talk over him"
AGFW: "Okay sorry"
CW: "What were you sayi..."
AGFW: "WAHBLAHBLAHBLAH"

silence

ME: "Well i guess that's the end of that conversation CW."
AGFW: "Oh come on. It IS Valentines day."

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lemonade said:

I've never had back pain before, but wow, see now what other people complain about. Holy crap. My wife had to help me downstairs and walk across the living room this morning and now I literally can't get off the sofa. 

The worst part about back pain is people telling you "well lying/sitting about is bad for it" even though it's too painful to move. 

8 minutes ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

The worst part about back pain is people telling you "well lying/sitting about is bad for it" even though it's too painful to move. 

Three different people have told me that. Sitting still is the only time it doesn't hurt. Dragged my sorry carcass to the doctor this afternoon, signed off work for a week and a prescription for Valium... Gonna be a fun week. 

Anyone other than a doctor giving "advice" on back pain should just be ignored. Back pain can be the result of one of 1,000 possible things. My step dad's long term back pain turned out to be a benign tumour at the base of his spine which dislodged one of his discs. It was whilst he was out walking that the disc dislodged completely and he was practically paralyzed for the best part of a year. It was numerous operations and about 2 years before he was walking unaided again.

Yeah, just walk it off, mate. Quick jog around the park and the tumour will sort itself out.

Edited by Soda Jerk

Just got a text off a mate two minutes ago, "you should go for a walk, it'll be good for your back", aye good plan, needed my wife to help me get down the stairs and walk me through to the bathroom this morning, but aye walk round the park sounds like a great suggestion, let me just spend 20 minutes trying to put on a pair of shoes and I'll meet you there.