aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I know this is often ranted about, but the fact that some people think that if a Facebook status is long, contains figures and fits in with their racist worldview then it must be the truth.

Someone I know posted:

STATE PENSION - keep this going please

Read and pass on:
Dear Prime Minister 
I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?"
I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER
(bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National
Insurance contributions to the British Government all their working life)
Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever)
Weekly allowance: £250.00

Weekly Spouse Allowance: £25.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
Weekly Spouse Allowance: £225.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £0.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £6,000

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.
After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.
Sad isn't it? Surely it's about time we put our own people first.

Please have the guts to forward this. or copy an paste

I JUST DID!

Ughhhh 'please have the guts to forward this'. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND ASYLUM SEEKERS AREN'T THE SAME THING! An 'illegal immigrant' isn't going to try and get benefits when they know they're in the country illegally and will be found out if they do.

It took me longer to think of a polite, short way to tell them it was bullshit than the one minute it took to find a government PDF disputing the claim. No wonder people voted Brexit and Trump got elected.

Stop pretending to give a shit about old people, poverty and the benefits system just to mask your racist. The same goes for sexual assault. Why do these people not give a shit about the victims until someone with a different skin colour is accused. Just be consistent, you pricks, you have never and will never have the moral high ground.

• Upvote 5

You know what I hate even more that people who talk to you when you have headphones in? People who come up and talk to you when you're reading a book. If I'm reading I'm doing something I enjoy, and if you come over and talk to me or want to sit with me (I'm talking pretty specifically about the canteen at my work tbh) then frankly you're interrupting me and that's rude. And the most annoying question ever, "what are you reading?". It doesn't matter what I'm reading, what's important is that i am reading, so go away. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2017 at 10:14 AM, kirsten said:

I know this is often ranted about, but the fact that some people think that if a Facebook status is long, contains figures and fits in with their racist worldview then it must be the truth.

Someone I know posted:

STATE PENSION - keep this going please

Read and pass on:
Dear Prime Minister 
I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?"
I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

(bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National
Insurance contributions to the British Government all their working life)
Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever)
Weekly allowance: £250.00

Weekly Spouse Allowance: £25.00

Weekly Spouse Allowance: £225.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £0.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £6,000

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.
After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.
Sad isn't it? Surely it's about time we put our own people first.

Please have the guts to forward this. or copy an paste

I JUST DID!

Ughhhh 'please have the guts to forward this'. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND ASYLUM SEEKERS AREN'T THE SAME THING! An 'illegal immigrant' isn't going to try and get benefits when they know they're in the country illegally and will be found out if they do.

It took me longer to think of a polite, short way to tell them it was bullshit than the one minute it took to find a government PDF disputing the claim. No wonder people voted Brexit and Trump got elected.

Stop pretending to give a shit about old people, poverty and the benefits system just to mask your racist. The same goes for sexual assault. Why do these people not give a shit about the victims until someone with a different skin colour is accused. Just be consistent, you pricks, you have never and will never have the moral high ground.

Chill out snowflake!

1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

You know what I hate even more that people who talk to you when you have headphones in? People who come up and talk to you when you're reading a book. If I'm reading I'm doing something I enjoy, and if you come over and talk to me or want to sit with me (I'm talking pretty specifically about the canteen at my work tbh) then frankly you're interrupting me and that's rude. And the most annoying question ever, "what are you reading?". It doesn't matter what I'm reading, what's important is that i am reading, so go away. 

This happened to me the other day. Boiled my piss. Around my office there are limited outdoor spaces to have a wee sit, eat your lunch and read. It's weirdly warm just now so i went down to this spot the other day. 10 minutes into my blissful isolation up comes 3 of my workies. I say hello and get back to my book. They sit down right next to me - either side of me - and start talking over my head. As if we were all now having lunch together. I continued to try and read for a few minutes but couldn't concentrate so said i was heading back to the office. Now i'm the grumpy one who didn't want to have lunch with everyone. /CSB 

16 minutes ago, Spoonie said:

Nothing worse than you've reading something great and get on a bus for a 45 min commute ready to tear into it and someone you know sits next to you and starts to strike up a conversation

My lunch break is the only time of the day where I really get a chance to sit down and read so I cherish it. It's one of my favourite times of the day. I have my favourite reading spot in the canteen (on the sofas in the loungey bit, maybe my favourite reading place of anywhere actually, it's so comfortable) and most people know to leave me alone but every now and again some dullard will decide to sit down next to me for a chat and ruin it. Today was particularly galling as the entire canteen was empty, there were hunners of places to sit. 

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

Dickhead neighbours with their ridiculously loud music. I don't think I've ever lived somewhere where I didn't share a wall or ceiling with a bastard who blasts loud music at all hours. I moved away from a city and into the west country suburbs. I thought I was done with this shit?

People who like their music at anti-social volumes always listen to really awful shite too. Without exception. You never have a rowdy neighbour who blasts The Melvins at 1am. And I'm not even living next door to youths or students. This guy must be in his 50s, but he just bloody loves shitty dance music. Sat on the sofa, I can feel it vibrating through my feet.

I've knocked on his door a couple of times. He says he'll turn it down, but there is no noticeable difference when I come back in. Now he doesn't answer the door when I knock. And these are new build houses. The insulation of sound is pretty great, so the music must be so loud it is stripping the paint off his walls in there.

Is there a step between knocking on his door and getting the police involved? The latter seems extreme, but it really is that loud. I can hear it, and feel it, in every room of my house.

See if you can get a measure of the decibel level of the noise? Here in Poland, the landlord isn't obliged to do anything about noises under a certain number. We had banging pipes for weeks, complained about it almost every day, landlord did fuck all about it. As soon as we mentioned decibel level he shot round and fixed it. I dunno if there's something similar in non-poland?