aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

On 31/08/2016 at 10:49 AM, Lemonade said:

Some recent quotes from my AGFW. FTR this person is privately schooled and is now my manager. 

We need to get on top of the gameball

He's a dark fox

She's clueless as a breeze

The clue is in the pudding

You need to delete your history browser. Do you know how to get to your history browser? 

There's a lot of switching and swatching

This is so fustrating (sic), I'm pulling my teeth out 

You need to have a symbol sign in your password, like an explanation mark

The cheques are all over the air

I'm afraid your order has been overviewed

That's not the problem, the problem is there's a bug on the virus.

I deeply apologise on that behalf.

It comes from some city in England, Stokeholm or something.

It's supposed to be done every Monday, but I think it's fallen through a hoop.

We don't need things dripping and drapping on us.

They're pulling me around the block

I can't say it any more clearer

It was just a mistypo. What do you want me to say? I'm sorry for the mistypo.

I feel like a talking part at this stage

Be careful that doesn't come back on the long foot

We were going to do that but unfortunately you beat us to the pulp

I think there's an error on the system server

There's things that slip through my pipeline

He's trying to play the pity party on you.

I softblowed that too.

Shaun emailed five times and I emailed twice. Thats six emails.

It would be nice to have everyone on the same wavepage

I'm not a rocket science... lady

I have a very irated customer on the phone 

It disappeared, it just... vamoosed

I thought I saw it this morning but i might have been overseeing things

They're still just trying to get their feet on gear

I couldn't understand his accent, I think he's Pakistanian or something

It was an overview and an overlook from that department.

In response to a formal complaint:

"Once again I apologies and i would like to thank you for any inconvenience caused to you and you company at this moment"

1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

In response to a formal complaint:

"Once again I apologies and i would like to thank you for any inconvenience caused to you and you company at this moment"

Fucking gold.

If I was officially complaining about something, and someone came at me with that shit, I'd immediately forgive the organisation for all wrongs they've done me and go on my way - seeing the world in all it's splendorous beauty.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The current vibe in American Poland around the election.

I could write up so much about how it's been living here the last few months but up until now it's not felt real that this wankstain has a glimmer of hope of getting in. When I saw footage of the first early voters coming out of the booths saying they'd voted Trump it hit me... people are IRL for realz actually actually voting for Trump.

The anti-hillary stuff has been sickening in its blatant sexist undertones. Just as sickening as the racism rippling under Trump's campaign. 

It's pretty much the only thing people are talking about right now. It's weird and kinda scary.

I know it's been talked to death by just about everyone on the planet (at least the sane ones who care about the outcome) so I won't fully get into it (suffice to say I think Trump is a dangerous, idiotic and cunty cunt) but the anxiety I'm feeling right now - not just about the fact that he has a chance of becoming president but the reality that there are at least 40% of the population who feel he's the best choice for president - is a very odd feeling. It's like a joke, that became a nightmare, that is now becoming a reality.

Waking up to Brexit was bad, this seems a million times worse. 

It's a nightmarish practical joke come true. How has a climate-change-denying, reality tv show star become the Republican presidential candidate? The Republican party has repeatedly told him to run for governor of NY, but he's always said he's not interested. Oh well. Just go straight for the presidency then, Donald. How did they let that happen?

I don't particularly like Hillary either, but I don't doubt her credentials as a politician. She will at least know how to be the president and will conduct herself as one.

On 10/15/2016 at 11:56 AM, Lemonade said:

I know! The most upsetting thing is that once or twice its randomly started working again. And I quickly scramble to switch on my XBox One so it can update and I can actually use it, it gets about 60% through the update then it goes off again. Infuriating. If you don't work then just don't work, but don't give me false hope. I have a lot of useless tech in my house right now. 

have you tried downloading the update somewhere else on to a flash drive, then updating from that? I think you can do that on ps4 so can't see why you shouldn't be able to do that on xbone.

ps just noticed how long ago your post was. and that you managed to update the xbone but not the game. but just a tip for future internet-fuckery. 

I rarely do download music illegitimately these days, unless it's for something I really can't track down. Took me ages to get on board with paying for mp3s, but now I do. Bandcamp is the best. In this case, it was the Broccoli LP, which I even own on vinyl, but I've never had digitally, and I've got a hankering to commute to it.

My judgement call: If it's out of print, it's fair game. If you buy a second hand copy, the band aren't getting that money anyway. It's a difficult debate overall though, because it's illegal in the UK to rip a CD you own for the purpose of putting the mp3s on your mp3 player, which is madness.

I think file-sharing still has a legitimate use. Besides the piracy, there's still an incredibly active circulation of demos, mixtapes and music intended for free distribution, as well as live recordings. I remember buying shitty bootlegs when I was young, but some of the live recordings you get now sound excellent.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

I rarely do download music illegitimately these days, unless it's for something I really can't track down. Took me ages to get on board with paying for mp3s, but now I do. Bandcamp is the best. In this case, it was the Broccoli LP, which I even own on vinyl, but I've never had digitally, and I've got a hankering to commute to it.

My judgement call: If it's out of print, it's fair game. If you buy a second hand copy, the band aren't getting that money anyway. It's a difficult debate overall though, because it's illegal in the UK to rip a CD you own for the purpose of putting the mp3s on your mp3 player, which is madness.

I think file-sharing still has a legitimate use. Besides the piracy, there's still an incredibly active circulation of demos, mixtapes and music intended for free distribution, as well as live recordings. I remember buying shitty bootlegs when I was young, but some of the live recordings you get now sound excellent.

Yeah, I can be at peace with something that is legitimately hard to find. 

Was away for 3 weeks...come back to AGFW...

"Did you see the weather?"
"No. I walked here with my eyes closed."
"Shuddup. Did you not get soaked?"
"Yes. Yes of course I saw the weather."
"Well you've been away for 3 weeks thought it would be nice to chat!"
"So...you mention the weather?"
"..."
"..."
"It's really wet."

• Upvote 1

That's a good one. I too feel like i've been hearing that phrase more and more.

Two recent ones for me:

- when you're reading a book or magazine and you change the page but it feels like you've clumped together a couple of pages so you spend a few minutes trying to pry the two pages apart but then realise that's just the thickness of one page.

- Things being referred to as a 'challenge' when they're not really challenging. Doing 100 press ups every day for a month, that's a challenge. Staying still for a couple of minutes or putting a bucket of water over your head, that's not a challenge.

• Upvote 1

Amazon. Their demigod customer service has dropped several levels of late. Mainly because they have managed to create their own courier service that is somehow infinitely worse than Yodel ever was, Amazon Logistics. I made a big order over a week ago. They split it up into 5 shipments. They have lost all of them. That is no exaggeration. all 5 packages, lost. Normally they'd give you a refund on the spot, or offer to re-send immediately. Now they won't do that until the investigate it with Amazon Logistics. They seem to be tightening their belts. Did someone make them pay a bit of Tax or something?

A couple of weeks ago, another order was delivered and "left in a safe place". I got home from work, the parcel was on my door step, just off the main road. if it rained, it would have soaked through, as it was just books in a cardboard box. Thankfully it didn't. But still, could have been swiped. Not very safe at all.

About a month ago, I ordered a few things which ended up being delivered to wrong house on a different street about a mile away. I know this because the person actually drove to my house to give it me. The street names are similar, but not identical. Same name of saint, different name of road.

I might have to do Christmas shopping in, like, actual shops, surrounded by people and stuff. Grim.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Amazon. Their demigod customer service has dropped several levels of late. Mainly because they have managed to create their own courier service that is somehow infinitely worse than Yodel ever was, Amazon Logistics. I made a big order over a week ago. They split it up into 5 shipments. They have lost all of them. That is no exaggeration. all 5 packages, lost. Normally they'd give you a refund on the spot, or offer to re-send immediately. Now they won't do that until the investigate it with Amazon Logistics. They seem to be tightening their belts. Did someone make them pay a bit of Tax or something?

A couple of weeks ago, another order was delivered and "left in a safe place". I got home from work, the parcel was on my door step, just off the main road. if it rained, it would have soaked through, as it was just books in a cardboard box. Thankfully it didn't. But still, could have been swiped. Not very safe at all.

About a month ago, I ordered a few things which ended up being delivered to wrong house on a different street about a mile away. I know this because the person actually drove to my house to give it me. The street names are similar, but not identical. Same name of saint, different name of road.

I might have to do Christmas shopping in, like, actual shops, surrounded by people and stuff. Grim.

It sounds like a saint does live on the other street. What a hero!

• Upvote 2