aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

18 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

img_1812_3.jpg

Lanyard out if the pocket is still stupider. At least the wallet is secured to something there. Try and grab the wallet, and something needs to break for you to get it. 

Give the dangling lanyard a gentle tug (ooer!) and whatever is connected to it is now in your hand. It's purpose of securing what is attached to it is made completely redundant.

I work at a college and all students have to have their ID badges. But wearing your lanyard around your neck is severely uncool. But you have to display at least your lanyard so you don't get pulled up by security. So the kids dangle them. Walking through corridors, they keep getting them trapped on door handles and sharp edges. They fall on the ground and the plastic case shatters, and they need a new one.

Young people are weird.

32 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Canned food without ringpulls. What is this, the 80s?

Brandston need to sort their shit out. When you make the best baked beans on the market, you have a responsibility to not be shitty about it. Put a ringpull on it, as Beyoncé almost says.

I had the exact same thought whilst opening a can of tuna today. I think it's the twin connection thing.

10 minutes ago, Alkaline said:

I had the exact same thought whilst opening a can of tuna today. I think it's the twin connection thing.

Tuna cans are a pain, being all flat and wide. And as soon you crack it, the brine all oozes out. If you're not holding it perfectly flat, it's gonna dribble over the edge.

And tin openers are shite now. They seem to seize up after a few months.

I think I need to invest in an electric one until Brandston get with the program.

(Boring rant follows. Not even funny in a Classic Pet Hates post way, just genuinely airing my grievances so I can feel less enraged.)

Attempting to buy tickets for a sold out show.

Japandroids are playing on Saturday and tickets sold out pretty much instantly. They went on sale the day the show was announced and I was at work at the time so couldn't buy them. I'm also atrocious at judging how popular bands are so assumed I'd be able to buy one online after work, but nope. I even walked the long way home on the Hottest Day Of The Year to try and pick up a physical ticket at a record shop they were due to be on sale at. The guy there said they were supposed to be getting tickets to sell, but the promoter changed their mind at the last minute and opted for just selling them online. All very annoying, but I figured that there'd be lots of people selling nearer the time. 

I had a tab open yesterday on a twitter search for 'Japandroids' waiting to pounce if any tickets came up and eventually one did. I only needed one ticket but the guy was selling two, so I offered to take both of them if he wasn't willing to sell them individually and he agreed to that. He sent me details for where to transfer the money, then told me to hold off sending it as his friend was thinking about taking one of them. I waited aaaaages, then eventually he got back to me to say that his friend actually wanted both. Don't put something for sale on Twitter for everyone to see if you've not asked people around you first, you fuck.
Then, it happened AGAIN today! Some guy on Facebook got in touch and said he'd be happy to sell me his spare ticket, but as we aren't friends, his message went into that hidden inbox that you don't get notifications for. Even so, I spotted it and replied within eleven minutes to thank him and ask how much he wanted for it. I got no reply for an hour and a half, then he said to me, "Hey I'm really sorry but I wanted to let you know asap. A good friend of mine asked for the ticket after I messaged you but before you got back to me so I sold it to him." FUUUUUU!!! In those eleven minutes your friend got in touch, but you wanted to let me know as soon as possible? Liiiiiies! Don't offer to sell your ticket if you're not ready to sell your ticket! In the time it took for him to get back to me, another person put up a post about spare tickets they have and I didn't send them a message because I thought I was getting one already.
Currently waiting to hear back from another guy, "I'm waiting for a friend that has said they may be interested, I'll let you know when I hear from them." So I'm guessing that'll be another no. Fuck thiiiiiiiiis! I want to get my eardrums destroyed :(

My broadband has been down for a week and Sky Poland are so fucking infuriating to deal with. Just contacting them is a pain in the bum. It's free to call them from your Sky landline, 5c from all other landlines, or mobile costs may vary but it's an 0818 number which is standard 30c a minute from mobiles. When you call them it tells you your wait and it's always about 30 minutes. So that's €9 before you even get through to anyone. I have a landline but who uses a landline? I had to go Argos yesterday and buy a phone so I can ring Sky off it. Fucks. After a week of diagnostics and resetting settings and sending out a new router which still doesn't work, they're sending out an engineer NEXT  FUCKING THURSDAY. 

I'm back to watching DVDs and playing my XBox 360 like it's 2009. 

On 10/12/2016 at 7:50 PM, kirsten said:

(Boring rant follows. Not even funny in a Classic Pet Hates post way, just genuinely airing my grievances so I can feel less enraged.)

Attempting to buy tickets for a sold out show.

Japandroids are playing on Saturday and tickets sold out pretty much instantly. They went on sale the day the show was announced and I was at work at the time so couldn't buy them. I'm also atrocious at judging how popular bands are so assumed I'd be able to buy one online after work, but nope. I even walked the long way home on the Hottest Day Of The Year to try and pick up a physical ticket at a record shop they were due to be on sale at. The guy there said they were supposed to be getting tickets to sell, but the promoter changed their mind at the last minute and opted for just selling them online. All very annoying, but I figured that there'd be lots of people selling nearer the time. 

I had a tab open yesterday on a twitter search for 'Japandroids' waiting to pounce if any tickets came up and eventually one did. I only needed one ticket but the guy was selling two, so I offered to take both of them if he wasn't willing to sell them individually and he agreed to that. He sent me details for where to transfer the money, then told me to hold off sending it as his friend was thinking about taking one of them. I waited aaaaages, then eventually he got back to me to say that his friend actually wanted both. Don't put something for sale on Twitter for everyone to see if you've not asked people around you first, you fuck.
Then, it happened AGAIN today! Some guy on Facebook got in touch and said he'd be happy to sell me his spare ticket, but as we aren't friends, his message went into that hidden inbox that you don't get notifications for. Even so, I spotted it and replied within eleven minutes to thank him and ask how much he wanted for it. I got no reply for an hour and a half, then he said to me, "Hey I'm really sorry but I wanted to let you know asap. A good friend of mine asked for the ticket after I messaged you but before you got back to me so I sold it to him." FUUUUUU!!! In those eleven minutes your friend got in touch, but you wanted to let me know as soon as possible? Liiiiiies! Don't offer to sell your ticket if you're not ready to sell your ticket! In the time it took for him to get back to me, another person put up a post about spare tickets they have and I didn't send them a message because I thought I was getting one already.
Currently waiting to hear back from another guy, "I'm waiting for a friend that has said they may be interested, I'll let you know when I hear from them." So I'm guessing that'll be another no. Fuck thiiiiiiiiis! I want to get my eardrums destroyed :(

I GOT ONE! 
As with finding a decent job, I could only get hold of a ticket by knowing somebody who was already going who had a spare. Praise be to befriending random Guided By Voices nerds at festivals!
You can sleep soundly now, ab-mus.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

What?! That can happen?? Surely they can't let that happen?!

I know! The most upsetting thing is that once or twice its randomly started working again. And I quickly scramble to switch on my XBox One so it can update and I can actually use it, it gets about 60% through the update then it goes off again. Infuriating. If you don't work then just don't work, but don't give me false hope. I have a lot of useless tech in my house right now. 

1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

I know! The most upsetting thing is that once or twice its randomly started working again. And I quickly scramble to switch on my XBox One so it can update and I can actually use it, it gets about 60% through the update then it goes off again. Infuriating. If you don't work then just don't work, but don't give me false hope. I have a lot of useless tech in my house right now. 

First the potato famine, now this. Poland is destitute. 

Barbaric.

On a serious note, it is annoying how reliant we are on an Internet connection, especially when it goes down and certain things won't work because they're not fully up to date, and won't update without an Internet connection.

When I moved down south, I thought I'd pass the first 10 internetless days playing Football Manager. Fire up my laptop. Steam won't operate without updating. Fuuu. Nevermind. I'll watch some TV shows off my external hard drive through the Xbox. Fire up the Xbox. The media player app needs to update. Fuuuuuuu.

So all there was left to do was get tanked on cider in the garden. I blame the Internet for that. 

17 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Barbaric.

On a serious note, it is annoying how reliant we are on an Internet connection, especially when it goes down and certain things won't work because they're not fully up to date, and won't update without an Internet connection.

When I moved down south, I thought I'd pass the first 10 internetless days playing Football Manager. Fire up my laptop. Steam won't operate without updating. Fuuu. Nevermind. I'll watch some TV shows off my external hard drive through the Xbox. Fire up the Xbox. The media player app needs to update. Fuuuuuuu.

So all there was left to do was get tanked on cider in the garden. I blame the Internet for that. 

I bought Batman Arkham Knight last week. Didn't play it for a couple of days and the night I put it in was the night the Internet went down. Game installed and started, ran about 20ft and it said "your game needs an update, update starting now" and then it just sits there not doing anything. On Friday night the Internet came back on so I quickly went and switched on the XBox to update the game. "You XBox needs an update". Sakes. I got that updated, then started Batman update and it went off again. 

9 hours ago, Trikelops said:

At least shirts don't come with metal pins in them any more. Had a few of those little buggers announce their presence a while after donning a new shirt.

I hate tissue paper stuffed into the toes of new shoes. Why...just WHY??

The silica gel packets in the boxes can dry out any fabric - especially leather - and cause the shoe to distort when in storage for any length of time.

Edited by James Broonbreed
  • Upvote 1