aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

2 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

Seen that program on 4, The Job Interview? Some of the business owners seem pretty decent. One guy got hired cause when they asked him if he could have any superpower, he said "Russia".

Then again, some of the interviewees are terrible. Tell me where you would like to go to eat, anywhere in the world and we'll pay for it. The bloke said he'd just order a dominos. The job was some high end food/drink place.

But there was one interviewer who gave them a phone and then rung it pretending to be a disgruntled customer asking where they delivery driver was. He wouldn't let her put him on hold. Now, as anyone knows, if you want to phone someone who isn't there, maybe a van driver, you'd have to put who you're talking to on hold. And he was having none of it. When they said sorry he was like "dont be sorry just fix it!" the folk that pretended to ask around the office got top marks. I felt like some of them should have asked for his supervisor and phoned them complaining about abuse. Fuck that noise. 

I used to get that at my old call centre job all the time. 

"I'm just going to have to go and run that by my supervisor"

"Don't you dare put me on hold again!"

"Well I have to, I have to walk across the room and speak to him"

"I've been ringing for three day and I'm sick of being put on hold, don't put me on hold!"

"But how do you expect me to..."

"I don't care just don't put me on hold!"

"But I have to..." 

"Don't put me on hold! "

I don't miss that job. 

Another favourite was :

"Welcome to customer care my name is Ryan how can..."

"I've been waiting that queue for 15 minutes!"

*looks at screen*

*IVR wait time 2 minutes 30*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Lemonade

Me "Hello welcome to Cust..." 

Cunt "07791" 

Lads, don't be dicks to call centre staff. They're doing their best and it's a legitimately tough job. 40 hours of taking abuse every week.  I don't know why people think it's OK to be openly abusive to call centre staff, like it's just acceptable. Every day I got called a fucking idiot, useless cunt, told to fuck off, shove things up my arse etc. Racist abuse toward foreigners was commonplace. One guy actually tried to complain about me after I took over a call as a supervisor in which he'd called the girl who'd been dealing with him a "fucking dumb Paki cunt" and I subsequently refused to help him in any way. Like it's OK for him to be racially abusive but as call centre staff it's not ok for me to refuse him service based on it. What sort of logic is that? 

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

Also in amongst all the abusive people and the sarcastic patronising fucks who think they can talk down to you and belittle you, you're much, much more likely to get your problem solved quickly and efficiently if you're polite and friendly. Just saying. A lot of it is down to agent discretion and if you come on the phone and immediately insult me I'm likely to think "fuck this guy" and relish being as unhelpful as I can. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

What's IVR?

xx

Interactive voice response. Its the "to speak about your bill, press 1, if you want to cancel your contract press 2" system that everyone hates. 

Edit - which, spoilerz, usually take you to the same person anyway, regardless of what button you press. It just means when the call comes through it tells the agent what you pressed. 

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

People shouldn't be cunts to anyone in the service industry. Retail assistants, call centres, waiting staff, public services etc. Anyone on the frontline of the general public has an utterly gruesome job, and 99.99% of the time, the problem you're experiencing isn't their fault.

In secondary school, it should be compulsory for 16 year olds to do a front line customer service job for a month. If anything else, it would learn them some respect and how to treat people in the future.

People just feel far too entitled to everything, and love to complain to try and blag freebies and compensation. That word in particular, compensation, has become far too overused in general. People feel they should be compensated for having to use their time to rectify an issue or have to chase something up.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

People shouldn't be cunts to anyone in the service industry. Retail assistants, call centres, waiting staff, public services etc. Anyone on the frontline of the general public has an utterly gruesome job, and 99.99% of the time, the problem you're experiencing isn't their fault.

In secondary school, it should be compulsory for 16 year olds to do a front line customer service job for a month. If anything else, it would learn them some respect and how to treat people in the future.

People just feel far too entitled to everything, and love to complain to try and blag freebies and compensation. That word in particular, compensation, has become far too overused in general. People feel they should be compensated for having to use their time to rectify an issue or have to chase something up.

I had a guy looking for compensation once because the internet stopped working on his phone for a couple of hours. He paid €30 a month for his phone contract. I told him I'd give him a refund of the full day as a goodwill gesture. He was pleased until I went through the maths with him and told him I was crediting him €1. Trolololol.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lemonade said:

I had a guy looking for compensation once because the internet stopped working on his phone for a couple of hours. He paid €30 a month for his phone contract. I told him I'd give him a refund of the full day as a goodwill gesture. He was pleased until I went through the maths with him and told him I was crediting him €1. Trolololol.

What a plum, but pretty much the sort of entitlement I'm talking about. I just can't be doing with that sort of mentality. The sort that want the moon on a stick because they're a consumer, so the world must revolve around them.

Shit happens, everything suffers from downtime once in a while, get a grip.

I used to work with a girl at the Council, the most insufferable, immoral person I've probably ever met. Just a total shithouse of a person with the most enormous sense of entitlement I've ever seen in someone. She was once on a bus to work, and the bus had a minor scrape with a car in front. According to the girl's less shittier sister, it was a bumper to bumper at low speed. A total nothing situation. The girl claimed she was 'traumatised' and pissed and moaned at First bus for weeks and weeks, threatening to take them to court. After so much pissing and moaning, First bus finally caved and gave her a 6 month free pass. She came in to work the next day boasting about it. She had a bizarre show of pride in her complaining, and was fairly open to admitting that she had bullshitted it to get a freebie out of First. It was like a hobby and an investment for her, to just take what she could get.

She also wrangled a Council house in a similar manner, whinging about domestic issues from living with her parents, which were total bullshit - again, by her own admission.  An able-bodied young girl earning £20k p/a jumping the council house queue, of which she was pleased as punch about, feeling no immoral wrong-doing by taking an opportunity away from someone who probably needs it infinitely more than she does, All because she didn't want to pay private rent prices.

Sometimes you just hope that life blows up in someones face. A good sacking should probably do her some good, and give her a sense of responsibility. Just cause too, because she was fucking atrocious at everything.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

What a plum, but pretty much the sort of entitlement I'm talking about. I just can't be doing with that sort of mentality. The sort that want the moon on a stick because they're a consumer, so the world must revolve around them.

Shit happens, everything suffers from downtime once in a while, get a grip.

I used to work with a girl at the Council, the most insufferable, immoral person I've probably ever met. Just a total shithouse of a person with the most enormous sense of entitlement I've ever seen in someone. She was once on a bus to work, and the bus had a minor scrape with a car in front. According to the girl's less shittier sister, it was a bumper to bumper at low speed. A total nothing situation. The girl claimed she was 'traumatised' and pissed and moaned at First bus for weeks and weeks, threatening to take them to court. After so much pissing and moaning, First bus finally caved and gave her a 6 month free pass. She came in to work the next day boasting about it. She had a bizarre show of pride in her complaining, and was fairly open to admitting that she had bullshitted it to get a freebie out of First. It was like a hobby and an investment for her, to just take what she could get.

She also wrangled a Council house in a similar manner, whinging about domestic issues from living with her parents, which were total bullshit - again, by her own admission.  An able-bodied young girl earning £20k p/a jumping the council house queue, of which she was pleased as punch about, feeling no immoral wrong-doing by taking an opportunity away from someone who probably needs it infinitely more than she does, All because she didn't want to pay private rent prices.

Sometimes you just hope that life blows up in someones face. A good sacking should probably do her some good, and give her a sense of responsibility. Just cause too, because she was fucking atrocious at everything.

Is this the same one you have mentioned before who doesn't work when at work, coasts through the day. Was off on the sick but also on holiday whilst she was doing this? It's time like this I have to believe in karma.

6 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

I used to relish telling BT customers it was Thatchers fault that their phone will be fucked for another 3 weeks.

I appear to be the only person that finds BT customer service acceptable, everyone I mention it to says they have had a nightmare with them.  I've had to call up to negotiate better deals and get replacement hardware and never had an issue in the last 10years.  There is a wait to get through and then some button mashing and then I have to talk in my best Sunday voice to be understood but what does everyone else expect?  It's not like when you're dialing your mum and picking up a conversation from last week in fluent tuechter.   

5 hours ago, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

Is this the same one you have mentioned before who doesn't work when at work, coasts through the day. Was off on the sick but also on holiday whilst she was doing this? It's time like this I have to believe in karma.

The very same.

You have a job for life when you're at the council. It'd take something extraordinary to get binned. Not being good at anything isn't a good enough reason. You'd probably have to punch the chief exec in the face, kidnap her children and traffic them on the black market. 

Netflix. Hear me out... I used to go out and buy 4 or 5 dvds at a time from HMV. All stuff I really wanted to watch and beyond films being out of print or not distributed in the country, there was no restrictions on what I could buy. Classics, indie films and everything in between -  my film-watching was very varied and felt worthwhile. I'd constantly be watching films i'd been meaning to see. Smash-cut to nowadays, I rarely 'buy' anything, digitally or otherwise and I rely on Netflix and Amazon video for my film-watching.

Let's face it, Netflix's back catalog, particularly in the fairly-maor release category, is utter horseshit. We're being spoonfed 'recommendations' that look like the digital equivalent of a bargain bin. I use canistreamit.com to check availability of all the films i have on my imdb 'to watch' list (which I add films to whenever something interesting comes up in conversation or whatever) and i'd say there's a 1 in 10 hit rate on films being available.

We're being told that Netflix is THE shit - and there's no denying that for TV and their original content, they're doing some awesome things - but for films, it's a load of pap. I would pay twice, maybe three or four times the price if i knew all the films i wanted to watch were on there and I wouldn't have to look at the same Jennifer Aniston rom com covers every time i look for suggestions of what to watch next.

1 hour ago, ca_gere said:

Netflix. Hear me out... I used to go out and buy 4 or 5 dvds at a time from HMV. All stuff I really wanted to watch and beyond films being out of print or not distributed in the country, there was no restrictions on what I could buy. Classics, indie films and everything in between -  my film-watching was very varied and felt worthwhile. I'd constantly be watching films i'd been meaning to see. Smash-cut to nowadays, I rarely 'buy' anything, digitally or otherwise and I rely on Netflix and Amazon video for my film-watching.

Let's face it, Netflix's back catalog, particularly in the fairly-maor release category, is utter horseshit. We're being spoonfed 'recommendations' that look like the digital equivalent of a bargain bin. I use canistreamit.com to check availability of all the films i have on my imdb 'to watch' list (which I add films to whenever something interesting comes up in conversation or whatever) and i'd say there's a 1 in 10 hit rate on films being available.

We're being told that Netflix is THE shit - and there's no denying that for TV and their original content, they're doing some awesome things - but for films, it's a load of pap. I would pay twice, maybe three or four times the price if i knew all the films i wanted to watch were on there and I wouldn't have to look at the same Jennifer Aniston rom com covers every time i look for suggestions of what to watch next.

Am I missing something?  Can't you still just buy the DVDs you want?  Netflix is costing you the equivalent of 1 DVD purchase a month, if that.

I agree though - the back catalogue is utter mince and if it wasn't for Upflix (shows EVERYTHING that's being added daily, and not just the stuff Netflix are paid to tell you about and lets you add titles to your Netflix watch-list from the app) and other 3rd-party apps like the one you've mentioned I wouldn't get much use out of it.  

Edited by Mac Atom