aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

On 22/01/2016 at 9:35 AM, MattJimF said:
19 hours ago, Teabags said:

My current pet hate is Aberdeen Music on a mobile because I must have tried to quote MattJimF in January on this thread but never actually posted a reply. I tried to quote Teabags now and it wouldn't delete the old quote box from months ago. Why? Argh! Actual post to follow. 

Edited by kirsten

7 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

"New Atheism"

Shower of smarmy, smug, self-righteous pieces of shit bursting into thinly-veiled racist/islamophobic rants and talking about how much they 'science'. See also anyone who has a 3-word bio and one of those words is "skeptic".

xx

Applicable across multiple media-lead "opinions".

Edited by Alkaline

21 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

I hate that the pop-punk pinch-harmonicing busker outside the St Nicks Centre has been replaced with some goober who just plays a bass. A bass busker. Just playing bass. Shite.

Bring back Pinchy McPunx.

I would only accept this if it was full on FUNX

Edited by Alkaline

11 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

I hate that the pop-punk pinch-harmonicing busker outside the St Nicks Centre has been replaced with some goober who just plays a bass. A bass busker. Just playing bass. Shite.

Bring back Pinchy McPunx.

Is Pinchy McPunx the same one who used to have a bassist who then left? Could this be some kind of band-break-up-come-turf-war situation?

xx

4 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

Is Pinchy McPunx the same one who used to have a bassist who then left? Could this be some kind of band-break-up-come-turf-war situation?

xx

Pinchy McPunx sometimes had a bass player, but not very often. It could possibly be the same bassist who has now claimed the spot. Sounds like a possible turf war.

From watching a lot of films about LA in the 90s recently, this could all be quickly resolved with an assault rifle out of the window of a passing car. Pinches4Life blud.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Pinchy McPunx sometimes had a bass player, but not very often. It could possibly be the same bassist who has now claimed the spot. Sounds like a possible turf war.

From watching a lot of films about LA in the 90s recently, this could all be quickly resolved with an assault rifle out of the window of a passing car. Pinches4Life blud.

I think there have to be some confrontations at either the store or the club AND either a love triangle or an attempt at giving up dat gangsta life before you can get to the drive-by stage. It's not as straightforward as it looks...

Someone has to expose a concealed handgun in the waistband of their trousers after gradual escalation of the issues. This is followed by the protagonist holding up his oversized t-shirt, exposing tattoo'd abs and the grip of a 9mm pistol whilst looking in the direction of the antagonist and flicking his head backwards, jutting out his chin, asking if the antagonist wants some of what the protagonist is offering. The antagonist should, reluctantly, with the advise of his colleagues, back off from the situation whilst making some vague statements that indicate that the protagonist will meet his demise as a result of his bravado. Shortly after this, the antagonist should regroup and seek revenge by emptying the clip of an AK47 or similar assault rifle out of the rear window of a slow-moving saloon car, driven by an associate up union street, while the protagonist flees across the cobbles of St Nicholas street, stumbling as the slugs enter his body and leave him deceased outside Marks and Spencer to the soundtrack of screeching tyres as the antagonist and his associated flee in the direction of King Street.

• Upvote 2

Paypal. Specifically their website.

Name a worse website for usability and function?

You can't. Because there isn't one. It is the biggest steaming pile on the entire internet.

I (regrettably) got a new bank account. I've been trying for 3 days to add my new account and debit card. I add the new bank details. Paypal say my account cannot be verified. To verify, they have to send me a text message with a code. Text received. Code entered. Continue. My account cannot be verified. They have to contact me with an automated phonecall with a code. Call received. Code entered. Continue. My account cannot be verified. Please contact us to help. E-mailed. Paypal tell me they've made an adjustment to my account so I should now be able to add my new bank details. Repeat all the steps above. My account cannot be verified. Please contact us to help. So I ring them, with a telephone, like it's the 1980s, where a human being is to help me use what should be a self-help website. They tell me my bank details have now been added manually and should show on my account within the next 30 minutes. 24 hours later it still hasn't appeared.

smashed-computer.gif

What a lot of bollocks. Fuck technology. I'll keep my money in a jar, and I'll trade mules for goods and services.

• Upvote 2

All my tupperware got all buckled and misshapen (probably from the microwave) and I couldn't find one that the lid fit on properly and stayed on. So I put soup in an old ice cream tub thinking it would be OK if I kept it upright. But I forgot and slung the bag on to my passenger seat where it leaked everywhere and now my car will never not smell like soup again. 

• Upvote 3

Bigfoot email forwarding. I set this up maybe 15/20 years ago, and have used the email address for some key stuff such as my PayPal account. For some reason over the last 6 months (at least) there have been a number of times when it just hasn't worked, so I buy things using PayPal and never receive a receipt or some crucial information like a confirmation when something is delivered to a shop and needs picked up. Total pain in the hole when you have no idea what else hasn't been delivered. I probably missed out on a fortune from a Nigerian prince.