aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The total (I think it was £375) was from Western Nissan to buy and fit a replacement mirror. I managed to get two brand new ones from a company yesterday for £177 delivered, so I will have a go it fitting them myself when they arrive. Expect me on here next week looking for anyone selling a used car, because I've somehow managed to completely destroy mine!

OK sorted it out.
Pull off the triangular plastic panel on the inside of windscreen frame, adjacent to mirror.
You will see the 3 fixing bolts underneath this
Remove the cap covering the single screw from inside the front door handle well and then remove the screw
Start gently prying of the door frame from the car, there are about 8 white arrow head plastic clips, used a flat head screw driver to gently ease these out
Disconnect the plug for the mirror electrics
Now you can undo the 3 mirror fixing bolts and replace the mirror
Reassemble :)

taken from http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/removing-off-side-wing-mirror_topic2096.html

Edited by MattJimF
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

If I press "Accept All Cookies" once please just assume that I always accept all cookies. Shit's sake. Kenny's Ireland. 

It's on every website too. Who on earth is accepting cookies on one website but not on another? And what happens if you choose to not accept cookies? I've never declined cookies, but I assume it just puts your computer onto auto-shutdown, and a police car is sent to your house.

11 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

It's on every website too. Who on earth is accepting cookies on one website but not on another? And what happens if you choose to not accept cookies? I've never declined cookies, but I assume it just puts your computer onto auto-shutdown, and a police car is sent to your house.

It seems to be worse if you click a link out of Twitter or Facebook on your phone, then you get a pop up that covers half your screen saying "this site uses cookies" and it scrolls with you. Fucking annoying. 

I hate the route mobile games have gone down. I downloaded a Yahtzee game today. I like Yahtzee. So I started playing it and I won the first match, then it moved me up the board to my next challenge Mortal-Kombat style, then said "Come back at 13.00 tomorrow to play your next challenger!". The fuck? Since when do games dictate when you can and can't play them? I want to play fucking Yahtzee now.

I bet you can either pay or share the game to social media to play earlier.

There's a definite divide in the mobile game industry. Spamcunts with their micro-transaction bullshit and decent games. Even EA on mobile are spamcunts.

The best games are simple: they cost a few quid but you get access to everything and aren't spammed every time you play.

1 hour ago, ca_gere said:

I bet you can either pay or share the game to social media to play earlier.

There's a definite divide in the mobile game industry. Spamcunts with their micro-transaction bullshit and decent games. Even EA on mobile are spamcunts.

The best games are simple: they cost a few quid but you get access to everything and aren't spammed every time you play.

I'd agree with that, we/I arguably want too much, a full game for free, with minimal adverts. If I like a game I'll spend a few quid buying the full version provided as you say, it gives me access to the whole game, but this "buy more lives"  shit is galling. I have a Pacman app I'm only able to play 5 times a day. That is anal sauce. 

Candy Crush and Farmville ruined everything. Candy Crush for making it so you had to annoy the tits out of your friends to send you lives to keep playing. Farmville for that nonsense where you plant a crop and if you don't log back in in 6 hours to harvest it the crop fails. I WANT TO PLAY THE GAMES WHEN I WANT, NOT WHEN THEY WANT ME TO. 

48 minutes ago, Teabags said:

You say this as if EA aren't spamcunts everywhere else?

They at least maintain a lower level of spamcuntyness on other platforms. On mobile they go full candy crush. On PS4 I can put in my copy of Madden and be playing a game in seconds, and continue to play games over and over. On mobile you have to be connected to the internet to launch the fucking game, just so they can spam you with upsells.

The profit margins must be tiny on mobile.

23 hours ago, ca_gere said:

They at least maintain a lower level of spamcuntyness on other platforms. On mobile they go full candy crush. On PS4 I can put in my copy of Madden and be playing a game in seconds, and continue to play games over and over. On mobile you have to be connected to the internet to launch the fucking game, just so they can spam you with upsells.

The profit margins must be tiny on mobile.

When playing Madden...how many ads are plastered all over the place?

Yeah. EA grind my gears. But they make some of my favourite games. Those glorious fuckers.

As for the mobile games...obviously its standard all over mobile gmaing to have micro transactions. And since its standard in so many places, EA take it to the extreme, like they do with all their other games. I mean, £50 for a new NHL/Fifa/Madden game every year? and it includes micro transactions? and in-game advertising? and they shutdown the servers for old versions after 2 years (not sure if they're still doing that)? Utter bastards.

Only noticed now (cause I had a look in the ps store offers section) and you had to pay 100 (now 70) quid to unlock in game features. Stuff on the disc. I had heard stuff about this but never grasped the hatred for it until now. I'm glad battlefront was one of the games I traded to pay off bank charges.