aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

3 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

Turns out I work with a lot of pretty racist people. But on the plus side, I learned that there are no black Oscar nominees because all black actors were just a bit shit this year, and that if black people would stop talking about racism then there'd be no racism. So, y'know, educational.

xx

Only memorable person or colour I can remember from trailers last year was thon black stormtrooper. And that's only cause of fannies complaining about him being black. From what I've heard (from whites, but liberal whites) white folks just gave better performances. At the end of the day it doesn't matter cause even if a black guy was nominated Leo d'caprio isn't black so not likely you'd have black winners this year anyway.

10 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

Only memorable person or colour I can remember from trailers last year was thon black stormtrooper. And that's only cause of fannies complaining about him being black. From what I've heard (from whites, but liberal whites) white folks just gave better performances. At the end of the day it doesn't matter cause even if a black guy was nominated Leo d'caprio isn't black so not likely you'd have black winners this year anyway.

It does matter. The lack of nominations is the crucial point. Whether POC win or not, it's ridiculous to suggest that no POC actors were up to the academy standard. 

Food for thought: Sylvester Stallone gets a nod for his role in Creed, a critically-acclaimed film led by a black actor. The white screenwriter of Straight Outta Compton, a film in which most of the cast are POC, gets a nod. It's not about casting races against each other, it's just that the lack of inclusion for ethnic minority actors at awards season is absolutely shocking. 

Your 'liberal' white mates who've said "well maybe the white actors are just better" can't have seen the number of films considered for individual nominations by the Academy. And if they're saying stuff like that, they just aren't that liberal.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, waltz said:

It does matter. The lack of nominations is the crucial point. Whether POC win or not, it's ridiculous to suggest that no POC actors were up to the academy standard. 

Food for thought: Sylvester Stallone gets a nod for his role in Creed, a critically-acclaimed film led by a black actor. The white screenwriter of Straight Outta Compton, a film in which most of the cast are POC, gets a nod. It's not about casting races against each other, it's just that the lack of inclusion for ethnic minority actors at awards season is absolutely shocking. 

Your 'liberal' white mates who've said "well maybe the white actors are just better" can't have seen the number of films considered for individual nominations by the Academy. And if they're saying stuff like that, they just aren't that liberal.

INB4 "but I think that by putting the focus on people's race, we'd be creating more race problems that we'd solve" or some dogshit along those lines.

xx

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

INB4 "but I think that by putting the focus on people's race, we'd be creating more race problems that we'd solve" or some dogshit along those lines.

xx

Oh god, so embarrassing when people say stuff like that. "This discussion is difficult for me!!!!!"

In reference to jake's questionably intentioned post...

1. :(

2. What worries me most is the fact the academy voting process is supposedly democratic. That means a shit ton of industry people were sent screeners to a shit ton of films and they voted for white folks (and probably a smattering of Jewish producers) en masse. I.e. It's not just an old institution ignoring the efforts of black/minority filmmakers, it's a whole voting 'public'

that said, if the only examples of black cinema that qualified for consideration were chi-raq and straight outta Compton I'd most likely vote for something else too.

there must have been loads of worthy black films this year. Not as many well funded, widely distributed ones filtered for a white audience though - because those are the only ones that get considered.

so yeah, everyone's racist here and it's pretty sad.

• Upvote 2

On 20 January 2016 at 9:50 PM, waltz said:

Cheers. Haven't seen much new films in a while, bit out if touch, so just making assumptions based on what I'm seeing other people say. Cheers for clearing it up.

Last night I was having a great one, I'd been asked to come on the STV Late show and talk some rubbish and then I come outside afterwards and someone has smashed the wing mirror off the car. And to make things worse, about 6 months ago, a pedestrian had kicked the other one off outside our flat and when we got quoted for it, it was gonna be nearly £400! With the first one we got away with it because the glass was still there and it was just the physical connection between the mirror and the bracket had snapped so we have it taped on and it's held fine, but this time the mirror glass is totally gone, the casing is smashed and so it's gonna need replaced. That's either £3/400 bone out of the pocket or an insurance claim, unless i can get one from a breakers

These car parts places don't seem to be able to get wing mirrors for a NIssan Juke, no idea why (probably so Nissan can hose you £400 a time). Had a search but it came up If fatboy can hook a brother up or come up with any ideas it'd be appreciated! Time is of the essence tho cos it's the driver side wing mirror and make driving a bit hazardous!

1 hour ago, Spoonie said:

These car parts places don't seem to be able to get wing mirrors for a NIssan Juke, no idea why (probably so Nissan can hose you £400 a time). Had a search but it came up If fatboy can hook a brother up or come up with any ideas it'd be appreciated! Time is of the essence tho cos it's the driver side wing mirror and make driving a bit hazardous!

Was the £400 just for the mirror or for the fitting as well?

Someone here - http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/34-exterior/4821-help-new-wing-mirror.html was quoted £226 for the lot.

Overton - i lost a wing mirror outside Captain Tom's last year, got a replacement for £25. PIece of piss to fit as well, the electronics were wired into blocks and the assembly just clipped in place.

My car isn't a Juke, photo looks like it would fit the same way though...

Edited by colb