aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

On 21 December 2015 at 2:47 PM, waltz said:

Gotta say it's been great fun seeing that Brewdog (whose marketing style I am profoundly not a fan of) have provided the mid-size venue Aberdeen has needed for ages, and people have still moaned about it, for whatever reason.

My favourite so far was the (now deleted) Facebook post by a band playing there next week calling them arseholes.

People in bands love biting that hand that feeds.....

I think the beer is shite mostly. I tried one if their newer ones a month or two back and it was lovely, but I have no idea what it was called.

I personally think the I HATE BREWDOG stuff comes from the same place as people "bragging" about never having watched Star Wars. I think it's mostly a reaction to the onslaught of people wanking on about how much they love it.

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

I haven't seen Brew Wars but I still hate JJ Watt. I actually can't drink beer because it gives me gout. Some of these beer places don't sell Cider - there's a pet hate for ya.

In related news, Depeche Choad, Min Diesel and Lenin Death Mask are playing Underdog tomorrow night. Come and hate, love or be indifferent to the bands, surroundings and beverages.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky TV. Pointlessly high maintenance. Got an engineer coming round for the fourth time in 10 months. The non stop rain has managed to penetrate the cable at the dish, and that water has travelled down the core of the cable and into the Sky box, blowing it up. Didn't even know that was a thing that could happen. But it happened. I thought we had a leak. I pulled everything out and was checking the ceiling to find out where the water was coming from. Then saw water literally pouring out of the Sky box. Mental. Unscrewed the cable, and it squirted out like a hose.  Shite.

Fuck Sky. Fuck the two weeks of endless rain. 

My Sky shit the bed last year for a similar thing, every time it rained it stopped working. We got a guy out and he said high winds had knocked the dish out of alignment by like a quarter of a degree and it had fucked it all up. There was water getting into in some box on the dish as well. The guy that fitted the dish was a total chimp. What a shit job he did. The dish is on my chimney and the cable runs up the front wall on the opposite side of the house. He's ran it up the wall, over the top of the gutter, then ran it diagonally across the roof. Not secured, and of course white cable to make it stand out even more. Dickhead. Kenny's Ireland. 

I got the free Sky Sports F1 channel when I signed up so I keep it for that. I've got the BT Sports / Setanta / ESPN bundle as well, I wanted that because they have Indycar, WRC and NASCAR and I thought there was a live SPL game every weekend, but I got it just as the Indycar and NASCAR seasons ended and most of the live SPL games are on Sky Sports. I've watched one Dons match on it, a couple of English matches, one NASCAR race and the occasional UFC, some rallying. Not really getting the good of it. Might bin it until the Indycar season starts again.

It's pretty boring and really long. 3 and a half hours of cars going flat out in a circle. I only watch the highlights. I prefer circuit racing to ovals, I just like to watch it now and again, and I like the way the season is set up with the Sprint Cup which is a brilliant idea. And I like the sponsors on the cars. This guy is the current champion. When he wins he has to thank M&Ms and I find that hilarious.

0339591001430162660_filepicker.jpg

12274260_10153231257137129_4139930948040

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

Folks that seem to think I'm completely incapable of knowing what is happening in my area, and tagging me in numerous FB posts about the flooding.

Gee, thanks, I totally didn't realise I lived next to a river... Of course I'm not keeping myself up to date on the issue, and need you to be tagging me on statuses made by PEOPLE I WORK WITH.

(I'm aware I'm being nippy and ungrateful that they care - it's just the most recent thing in a long list of annoying shit they do, and I want a mump)

Edited by Scubby
a quote appeared
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

The spelling and grammar on display on that Fubar news Facebook page

The Fubar news page is where I made my my groundbreaking discovery that anyone who doesn't know the difference between there, their and they're is invariably a bit racist. 

• Upvote 3