aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't have an issue with some acronyms being said aloud with the last word of the acronym involved. i.e. PAT Test. Telling a landlord they need to have an "Annual PAT" sounds weird, and comes up in my job a lot. It is often responded with "Annual what?". "PAT Test" avoids any confusion. It is clear.

Same with PIN number.

Both PAT and PIN are actual words with other definitions. As acronyms, they are also pronounced as they are spelled (pat, pin) and not as individual letters (P.A.T, P.I.N) so in these situations, it is fine to say the acronym plus the word.

PDF or ATM are different. Each individual letter is said aloud, so there's no need to add "Format" or "Machine" respectively.

• Upvote 3

The phrase "too good not to share" as used on facebook by boring people. As if to say there are loads of other videos and pictures that they thought about sharing but weren't deemed good/funny enough to share.

I don't know why it bugs me. Lack of imagination I think.

BASTARDING MOTHERS!

I need to rant - she's at mine using the washing machine whilst waiting for hers to be fixed.  She was meant to be here at lunchtime, but only turned up at 3pm to get my house keys. 

She then didn't use the 30 min quick wash as agreed, and has a mountain of washing to do so will be there for fucking hours! A normal load takes about an hour and forty... :swearing:

She's swept the living room, even though I told her not to, and no doubt decided to rearrange everything to her taste.

She refuses to use a laundrette because they're used by the general public.

http://www.wikihow.com/Disown-Your-Family

• Upvote 1

BASTARDING MOTHERS!

I need to rant - she's at mine using the washing machine whilst waiting for hers to be fixed.  She was meant to be here at lunchtime, but only turned up at 3pm to get my house keys. 

She then didn't use the 30 min quick wash as agreed, and has a mountain of washing to do so will be there for fucking hours! A normal load takes about an hour and forty... :swearing:

She's swept the living room, even though I told her not to, and no doubt decided to rearrange everything to her taste.

She refuses to use a laundrette because they're used by the general public.

Sounds like she just wants to spend some time with you.