aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The marathon-runner dude, who talked about running constantly, finally ran away to work somewhere else and the other person who liked to engage in conversation without ever actually listening to a word you said so your communication with her amounted to a string of unrelated statements, left also, my office has been a delight. Most people I work with I just IM which is like talking face to face minus the faces, the gauging of tone and importantly the small talk.  I have a four-desk island to myself and if I get bored I swan over to the other side of the office to get some brief, basic chit chat with the developers. The rest of my time is filled with meetings (which are never heavy on small talk) and podcasts/music.

Did I just write that cool story bro? must be a slow day.

I bet the people who's path your chair blocks slightly will be glad too.

Zing!

There's plenty of room behind my chair, the thing missing is a collective failure of spacial awareness anytime someone goes past.

And in half the cases, an apology (no matter how insincere/half hearted)....

Zing!

There's plenty of room behind my chair, the thing missing is a collective failure of spacial awareness anytime someone goes past.

And in half the cases, an apology (no matter how insincere/half hearted)....

Aye, I'm just messing, there's nowt wrong with having the hope that people might be polite enough to apologise if they bump into you.

Had steaks in the fridge for tea (nothing to do with today's date sadly) and was really looking forward to them. Started preparing some accompaniments but when I went to get the steaks they weren't there. My mother in law had put them in the fucking freezer this morning without thinking to just ask if we were going to eat them before the use by date (today).

So now I'm having fucking birds eye herby fish instead. Fuck.

Aaah, living with parents is hellish.  I love my mother-in-law to be and really appreciate her letting us stay at hers until we found our own flat, but feeling like a kid again is shit - just having to ask if it's okay to cook supper/take over the kitchen, practically living in a bedroom and all the rest.

Staying at my parents was worse because my mum can't leave you alone, she's honestly at your door every hour just to see if you want anything/gossip about TV shows I don't watch/see how tidy the room is. 

Can totally sympathise. We stayed with my folks for a few weeks between houses and it's a total pain not having the space you're used to.  At least when it's your own parents you can tell them where to go if they're being overbearing though.  I find I have to be a bit more diplomatic with my in laws, though obviously that's doesn't seem to work as they come and rearrange my fucking house every week and put my tea in the freezer.

Cyclists that use the pavement instead of the perfectly good road 2ft away. My wee boy has just been walking a couple of months so we like to have a stroll After supper and every night we meet at least 3 bike wankers coming down the pavement towards us or worse up behind us with no warning! The one I questioned tonight was moaning that my boy was inconveniencing him by toddling along at his own pace and made him come to a stop!

• 3 weeks later...