aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I'm good and have a low calorie, savoury breakfast so I don't have sugar cravings later in the day.  I rarely drink fizzy juice, and eat mostly veg since fruit is full of sugar.  My cholesterol is really low, and I use MyFitnessPal app to track my calories.

My dr was a bit baffled why I wasn't losing weight, even though I track my gym visits and just put it down to my thyroid.

It's just really pissing off, and those juicing/fasting diets aren't good for you long term with most people ending up back on their medication.  We'll just need to look at my diet, and compensate.  Apparently it's pretty common in those with under-active thyroids, I just wasn't told at the time.

Edited by Scubby

Another stupid question - did you buy a juicer or use a blender?

Tried with a blender and it worked after a fashion but was SO MUCH more work, we bought a juicer before the 7 day fast which was ace, just throw the fruit/veg in and juice comes out. Needed a blender too for making smoothies and stuff though as you can't juice a banana.

And yeah, long term a lot of people tend to revert to old habits - exactly the same as I did if I'm honest. But, if you're in a shitty place and looking to kick-start a change I'd recommend it. I really want to do another fast and try to start a change again because it's a great way to try to break habits when it comes to eating sweeties and drinking sugary crap, but if you already avoid that stuff then there's much less reason for you to try it as you already sound like you're on a really healthy diet!

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

I simply don't buy it, if it's in the house then I will give in.  My bad habit is diluting juice though, so I'll go back to juicing lemons and limes to add flavour.  It doesn't help that I'm super thirsty just now, so I'm probably drinking more of it than I used to. 

I got really pissed off when the nurse suggested switching almonds for cashews - I know they're just trying to help but my having almonds rather than cashews isn't THE reason why I'm not losing weight.  I went through my whole diet and what I was doing at the gym and she didn't know what else to say.

I do bake goodies, but I don't have the same taste for it now.  It's more for the enjoyment of others getting a treat.

*grumble grumble moan mump*