aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

A particular brand of selfie is fast becoming my pet hate.

The 'mirror-selfie-where-the-selfee-looks-intensely-at-the-phone-screen-instead-of-at-the-mirror'

I can't quite put my finger on why I hate it so much. Besides the narcissistic nature of selfies, maybe it's the illogical way the taker goes about this one. Surely you can get the framing right then look away from the phone for a split second to pose for the photo? 

I'm not even gonna dignify this silly behaviour with an example. I'm sure everyone's seen it.

A particular brand of selfie is fast becoming my pet hate.

The 'mirror-selfie-where-the-selfee-looks-intensely-at-the-phone-screen-instead-of-at-the-mirror'

I can't quite put my finger on why I hate it so much. Besides the narcissistic nature of selfies, maybe it's the illogical way the taker goes about this one. Surely you can get the framing right then look away from the phone for a split second to pose for the photo? 

I'm not even gonna dignify this silly behaviour with an example. I'm sure everyone's seen it.

The faux nonchalance of it fucks me off. "Meh, I don't mind if someone is taking my photo.. I don't even care. #obligatoryselfie"

It's as though there's a facade of indifference when you know that the photo is the result of countless failed attempts and retries.

xx

• Upvote 1

A work colleague of mine today shockingly announced that her iPhone memory was full of pics. She has over 5500 on there and I will guarantee that includes over 2000 selfies. I've never seen anyone take as many pics of themself. I'll be on a bus with her chatting away and next she's fixing her hair whilst using her phone as the mirror and before you know it that's another five added to the collection. It's fucked up. 

A work colleague of mine today shockingly announced that her iPhone memory was full of pics. She has over 5500 on there and I will guarantee that includes over 2000 selfies. I've never seen anyone take as many pics of themself. I'll be on a bus with her chatting away and next she's fixing her hair whilst using her phone as the mirror and before you know it that's another five added to the collection. It's fucked up.

Guarantee there's ones you're not allowed to see either.

Edited by Scootray

Since I stopped paying for gas/elec by Direct Debit, I pay much less than I used to. I give meter readings every month, then pay for the exact usage online at the end of each quarter. Before that, the amount they would take automatically in a Direct Debit was quite erratic, and always way more than I would be expecting, but my account was never in credit. Bollocks to direct debits. Companies never stick to direct debit agreements either, and just take your money whenever they want. Often way earlier than agreed. Dicks.

Aye there's a lot of Nutini cunts speckled about sauchiehall and Buchanan street who boil my piss but I can hear the panpipe cunts from my flat due to the piercing nature of their terrible music. There's also used to be a saxophonist I could hear who fucking murdered Baker Street more than once. I'm on the fucking 10th floor!

• Upvote 1

Sky. Mine stopped working 2 weeks ago. Waited 2 weeks for the engineer to come out. He has a quick look at the back of the box, gives the wires a quick snip to see if it's the connectors, and says "Yeah, it's knackered". Gotta wait another 2 weeks for an external engineer to come out. SHITE.

It wouldn't be so bad if SkyGo wasn't the WORST. But it is totally the worst.

• Downvote 1

Sky. Mine stopped working 2 weeks ago. Waited 2 weeks for the engineer to come out. He has a quick look at the back of the box, gives the wires a quick snip to see if it's the connectors, and says "Yeah, it's knackered". Gotta wait another 2 weeks for an external engineer to come out. SHITE.

It wouldn't be so bad if SkyGo wasn't the WORST. But it is totally the worst.

I feel sorry for you and so I thumbed down your post to show that I feel your pain. Hopefully it comes back soon. 

• Downvote 3

The problem I have with Sky is the series link. What a piece of shit. It randomly stops recording stuff halfway through a series, if a program goes on a mid-season break it doesn't pick it back up again when it restarts, and if a new series of something starts and you were recording it the series before it doesn't carry over. Fucking useless. I've missed so many episodes of Storage Wars.

• Upvote 2

The problem I have with Sky is the series link. What a piece of shit. It randomly stops recording stuff halfway through a series, if a program goes on a mid-season break it doesn't pick it back up again when it restarts, and if a new series of something starts and you were recording it the series before it doesn't carry over. Fucking useless. I've missed so many episodes of Storage Wars.

#whitegirlinpolandproblems

My shite body - I have now been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, as well as having an underactive thyroid, epilepsy and IBS.  Pissed off doesn't cover it.  I eat quite healthily (rarely have take-outs, I eat more veg now than I have ever done), I go to the gym and I'm not a big fat cunt.  I'm a bit chubby from my thyroid, and the effects of my epilepsy medication.

Cue foot stomping and "it's not fair"  :(

That is baws. :(. Have you seen the documentaries Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (1 & 2)? They're about juice-fasting for a few weeks/days and the effects it can have on your system. Dude who made it basically cured his own diabetes and various other chronic health problems. Worth a look, if only out of curiosity. I did a juice fast for about a week before my wedding and shredded about 2 stone in that time. Slowly declined back into shitty eating habits after, but it might help you out a little?

xx