aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The hyperbolic use of the word "that", as in "that goal from Messi", "that touch from Ronaldo". Perhaps I should just un-follow 'the football bible' but I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere and it's becoming a common figure of speech.

Basically, I totes hate the evolution of the English language that's happened since around 1998.  

• Upvote 1

The hyperbolic use of the word "that", as in "that goal from Messi", "that touch from Ronaldo". Perhaps I should just un-follow 'the football bible' but I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere and it's becoming a common figure of speech.

Basically, I totes hate the evolution of the English language that's happened since around 1998.

I was going to reply to this by just writing 'this' but then I realized that too is a pet hate of mine.

So basically I hate both 'this' and 'that'

The hyperbolic use of the word "that", as in "that goal from Messi", "that touch from Ronaldo". Perhaps I should just un-follow 'the football bible' but I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere and it's becoming a common figure of speech.

Yeah but that Korean girl...

• Upvote 2

I use all of these things but usually in a mocking way.  Like if I say "dem" I'm usually pretending to be a gangster.

What about "your" in the context of "That's your Andy Murray in the Australian Open final."

I use that all the time and I'm better than all of you combined. 

• Upvote 1

I use all of these things but usually in a mocking way.  Like if I say "dem" I'm usually pretending to be a gangster.

What about "your" in the context of "That's your Andy Murray in the Australian Open final."

I use that all the time and I'm better than all of you combined. 

totally acceptable.

People who go out their way to make sure you know how little they care about stuff. Today's example is the super bowl but it's the same for any major event.

You're not into something that other people enjoy, congratulations.

Happens a lot during the World Cup, usually because it leads to some shitty TV shows getting rescheduled for a few weeks, once every four years.

The only exception to the above is whoever started referring to the Superbowl as Superb Owl. They are awesome.

Otherwise, yeah, if you don't give a fuck, then don't give a fuck. I don't even mind when someone shares an actual grievance with something. The Superbowl posts either talking about being excited to stay up for it, or showing the history of sexism and misogyny in the advertising are fine.. but every now and again it's "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SUPERBOWL!".... fucking congratulations!

Though, this is also awesome.

xx

Recording the Superbowl to watch this morning, only to wake up to a busted Sky box. Managed to get a torrent of it downloading to watch as soon as possible, since the score is probably going to be everywhere. Whilst I waited, I went to Sky.com to look into arranging an engineer or whatever. At the top of the Sky website, there it was. A picture of the Pats holding the Superbowl.

Great stuff, Sky.