aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

MOT. Put my car in this morning for it's MOT and it failed on the FUCKING number plate light bulb not working. A tiny fucking bulb caused my car to fail it's MOT.

Can they not just change the bulb and do the free retest?  Should only cost a couple of quid.

Pet Hate- having to do first aid on someone you don't like. So my friends brother in law took 5 seizures in one night. obviously i prompted him into the recovery position as i followed my training and checked his tongue in regular intervals so he didn't choke on it (even though at times i wish he did)it's such a hassle to have to do.

You know you may have to do this on a daily basis to people you don't like very much in your chosen career?

Pet Hate- having to do first aid on someone you don't like. So my friends brother in law took 5 seizures in one night. obviously i prompted him into the recovery position as i followed my training and checked his tongue in regular intervals so he didn't choke on it (even though at times i wish he did)it's such a hassle to have to do.

CgrMo.gif

• Upvote 8

Imagine one of the prospective employers you're trying to impress in the hope of getting a job saw this...

I've recently taken on an extra responsibility in my current job that was basically me being handed a total shitshow. The person initially doing it didn't bother their arse to keep anything updated and said nothing of the fact it was way out of date in the handover meeting. It was initially given to someone else in my department who did an even shoddier job with it before resigning and leaving it with me. It has taken nearly a month to turn it into something resembling a full picture of office use amongst the postgrads in our school, and even then I'm still finding surprise turds as I go.

On the plus side, the postgrads are singing my praises.

I've bought two pairs of shoes online in the last 2 weeks, and both have been lost by the courier. How does that happen?

Obviously one of the couriers was Yodel. The other was TNT, who I had down as being quite reliable.

Buying shoes is a dick. High street shops don't stock 13s or 12.5s ever. They rarely even stock 12s, which I can just about squeeze into at a push. I just need some plain black trainers which won't fall apart in a month or two. I could get some no-branders from some hole like SHOE FACTORY with relative ease, but having done that before, I know they won't even see me through winter. They'll be in bits by Christmas. Anywhere that sells branded footwear just stops at size 11. Fuck these Sideshow Bob feet.

But you know what they say about big feet though, right? RIGHT? Really difficult shoe shopping and unprecedented courier rage. That's what they say.

• Upvote 1

I've bought two pairs of shoes online in the last 2 weeks, and both have been lost by the courier. How does that happen?

Obviously one of the couriers was Yodel. The other was TNT, who I had down as being quite reliable.

Buying shoes is a dick. High street shops don't stock 13s or 12.5s ever. They rarely even stock 12s, which I can just about squeeze into at a push. I just need some plain black trainers which won't fall apart in a month or two. I could get some no-branders from some hole like SHOE FACTORY with relative ease, but having done that before, I know they won't even see me through winter. They'll be in bits by Christmas. Anywhere that sells branded footwear just stops at size 11. Fuck these Sideshow Bob feet.

But you know what they say about big feet though, right? RIGHT? Really difficult shoe shopping and unprecedented courier rage. That's what they say.

There's a shop in my Poland that specifically does shoes for massive freaks. Up to size 20. You'd like it.

There's a shop in my Poland that specifically does shoes for massive freaks. Up to size 20. You'd like it.

There used to be a shop in Aberdeen for massive freaks. High and Mighty. They sold suits that you could probably fit 3 people in.

I'd understand struggling to get a size 16 shoe, but 12s are pretty standard, or they used to be. I didn't used to have much bother buying shoes until the last few years.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

With first aid for seizures, I thought you didn't check/go near their mouth anymore as you're likely to get bitten.

Only because I was told by my epilepsy nurse that a persons jaw clamps shut at the beginning of a fit, so if they were to bite it, it'd be then - the discussion stemmed from that.

With first aid for seizures, I thought you didn't check/go near their mouth anymore as you're likely to get bitten.

Only because I was told by my epilepsy nurse that a persons jaw clamps shut at the beginning of a fit, so if they were to bite it, it'd be then - the discussion stemmed from that.

Unless it's changed from my last training session all you're meant to do is let them fit, don't restrain them in any way, move anything they're likely to hurt themselves on then once the fit passes check their airway and recovery position until they come round. If it's the first time it's happened to them call an ambulance, otherwise just make them comfortable and they can decide themselves whether to seek further medical attention.

Have you tried Clarks? I used to work there while I was at college and they seem to get larger sizes in regularly or you can order them to the store for free and pay when you've tried them on and want to buy them.

No you don't in-case they do bite you. you either keep checking too see if their tongue is in the right position by orientating their head back ward and opening their mouth so 1. their airwaves are clear and 2. you have a clear sight of their tongue and its position. Some my use a wooden spoon and put in their mouth also.