aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who have their breakfast at their desks. You start the day at home and all your stuff is there - have your breakfast and then come to work! What's next? A queue to the toilets for teethbrushing?  We're paying you to eat your cornflakes here and the clatter of the spoon on the bowl is making me fucking crazy. I know there are some work breakfasters on here so let me just say this - I hope you choke.

(justifying the time spent writing this by the fact that I had breakfast at home)

I have breakfast at work. Means traffic is a bit lighter when I'm going through Bridge of Dee.  But I usually just get some toast from the bistro downstairs.

Could get up a wee bit earlier but already feels like I'm at the limit for what is a reasonable getting up time.

If AEW was sitting opposite me eating a banana that would be a whole new problem entirely and I'd be on here going on about "desk boners"

I hope you don't eat the apple in earshot though?

So are you against all desk eating? What sandwiches at lunchtime? Or reheated leftovers?

I once took in leftover Cullen Skink, heated it in the microwave and ate it at my desk. Stunk out a whole floor of Talisman House. Could smell it in the stairs.

At my last job in the call centre we ended up having to ban all food from the call centre floor because one African girl kept bringing in these really strong smelling fish and rice dishes that she'd reheat in the microwave and eat at her desk. Every time she did it the whole floor stank of fish, and we couldn't just say "no fish" or whatever so we banned all food. Ruined it for everyone.

So are you against all desk eating? What sandwiches at lunchtime? Or reheated leftovers?

I once took in leftover Cullen Skink, heated it in the microwave and ate it at my desk. Stunk out a whole floor of Talisman House. Could smell it in the stairs.

You always seemed like such a responsible and respectful fellow until now. Anything that smells has got to be against common decency. I am against all desk eating except of course for my 3 o clock piece which I eat quietly.  

At my last job in the call centre we ended up having to ban all food from the call centre floor because one African girl kept bringing in these really strong smelling fish and rice dishes that she'd reheat in the microwave and eat at her desk. Every time she did it the whole floor stank of fish, and we couldn't just say "no fish" or whatever so we banned all food. Ruined it for everyone.

I would consider working in a call centre just for that bliss.

• Upvote 1

I worked several years in Africa....I know that smell well. It trully is horrible. It's not like haddock or cod smell..................it just reeks min!

If I didn't eat my lunch at my desk, then I'd either be eating it standing on the corridor, or out on the street. We have one miniature canteen which is for the whole building. Ain't nowhere to sit unless you sprint down at 11:55.

Besides, I like to look at that there Internet whilst I eat lunch, so I desk eat.

Other people's sense of smell isn't really at the forefront of my mind whilst I am eating lunch. I doubt smelling my wonderful pasta and pesto and thermos of coffee is the worst thing that will happen to my colleagues today.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1