aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't get this new crop of 'memes' that have a picture of someone recognisable, but the text is just some generic shite. 

Something like this, for example:

1622660_747994108566710_1615857045_n.jpg

Ricky Bobby didn't say that. Why is it over a picture of Ricky Bobby? There's lots of them, with different people, with weird statements blazed over the top.

Stop it now.

I don't get this new crop of 'memes' that have a picture of someone recognisable, but the text is just some generic shite.

Ricky Bobby didn't say that. Why is it over a picture of Ricky Bobby? There's lots of them, with different people, with weird statements blazed over the top.

Stop it now.

Oh god, totally agreed. It's often Will Ferrell for some reason.

Memes in general are pretty shite though. I don't understand why they're amusing to actual adults.

Oh god, totally agreed. It's often Will Ferrell for some reason.

Memes in general are pretty shite though. I don't understand why they're amusing to actual adults.

I agree, I'm not sure I understand most of the memes in the first place let alone find them funny when i do :/

Edited by Alkaline

Stop it now.

I saw that one pop up earlier today too, didn't get it either. I found it especially odd as the person who posted it was always going out to priory and getting pished when I last knew her in real life. 

Slugs.

Fuck off you horrible little bastards.

I have a sort of "phobia" of the slimy little cunts, but in that I just don't like the look of them.  Or so I thought.  Last night, I was filling up my wood pellet boiler out in the shed and felt something on my hand - looked down and it was a tiny little slug on my hand.  I freaked out and had to go inside to wash the fuck out of my hands about 5 times.  I was uptight for about an hour and a half afterwards.  Turns out the phobia is a real thing.  I'm getting a bit hot under the collar just typing this, so I'll stop.

Stop it now.

Only thing I can figure is that the pictures are chosen for the facial expression or whatever that the person creating the meme thinks fits the caption, rather than being applicable to the character. Zach Galifanakis (spelling error probably) seems a popular one.

At least five times in the past month I've seen people write that they are on route to some place.

I suppose this is how language evolves but I don't much care for this transitional phase when it is still wrong.

Of all the common mistakes people make with the the English language I think this might possibly be the least annoying. Writing "en route" is a load of nonsense and changing it is good.

• Downvote 2

Another one from a few months back:

When you're on a plane and the person in front of you puts their seat back, creating more space for themselves by taking space away from you, without acknowledging your existence. One minute I'm enjoying Captain Phillips, the next Tom Hanks is squashed against my face. I'm astounded there aren't more air rage incidents on long flights.

• Upvote 6

Of all the common mistakes people make with the the English language I think this might possibly be the least annoying. Writing "en route" is a load of nonsense and changing it is good.

You can make as many mistakes as you like with the English language but once you start fucking with French I'll be en your case.

• Upvote 1