aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Cheers min - Ella's 13 months now.

Just preparing her for a life in the armed forces now.

She's finished her morning drills, made her cot and polished her peppa welly boots.

She's just pressing her tights just now.

If I find any creases she'll be on laps of the living room for the rest of the morning.

Fair play, so which tasks do you envisage your daughter usefully undertaking on the nation's behalf during her enforced spell working for Her Majesty? Painting lumps of coal white like last time?

And which government budgets would you cut to pay for the creation of accommodation, equipment, additional senior military personnel to supervise and train the millions of new recruits each year?

As someone who was very much unfairly treated in school by the senior management, i reckon there has been a change in attitudes by both the teachers and the parents. I'm sure i've gone into great detail on here before about it, but basically, got into a great deal of trouble, got suspended and threatened with expulsion, parents went completely fucking ballistic (as from their point of view they rightly should have). In the end, my dad got all the reports, all the files and statements from teachers and pupils about the various incidents involved and he very soon realised that the teachers had been lying the whole time to protect staff who had made mistakes.

To put that clearly, teachers had made mistakes and the senior management instead chose to lie about it to the parents, getting the pupil in a lot of trouble that could affect their entire future in education and work, to cover their own asses. They were willing to not only suspend me but even expel me to cover their asses. 

So by all means, don't just willy nilly take your kids side if they get in trouble, there's plenty of times me and my sister got exactly what we deserved, we were kids, kids are dicks. But don't for a second take a situation at face value and do everything you can to get every possible fact straightened.  

A wee stint in the army would have stopped all your greetin'.

GET 'EM IN THE ARMY.

As someone who was very much unfairly treated in school by the senior management, i reckon there has been a change in attitudes by both the teachers and the parents. I'm sure i've gone into great detail on here before about it, but basically, got into a great deal of trouble, got suspended and threatened with expulsion, parents went completely fucking ballistic (as from their point of view they rightly should have). In the end, my dad got all the reports, all the files and statements from teachers and pupils about the various incidents involved and he very soon realised that the teachers had been lying the whole time to protect staff who had made mistakes.

To put that clearly, teachers had made mistakes and the senior management instead chose to lie about it to the parents, getting the pupil in a lot of trouble that could affect their entire future in education and work, to cover their own asses. They were willing to not only suspend me but even expel me to cover their asses.

So by all means, don't just willy nilly take your kids side if they get in trouble, there's plenty of times me and my sister got exactly what we deserved, we were kids, kids are dicks. But don't for a second take a situation at face value and do everything you can to get every possible fact straightened.

Tl;dr

Very biased.

The amount of idiots posting that stupid article about the Dolphins being killed in the Faroe's is doing my head in right now. If your gonna post an article, at least know what your posing first, and find out that its mostly bullshit.

Its funny tho, they get outraged at people killing dolphins for food, yet none of them are vegetarians....

• Upvote 2

Granted the whole thing isn't as efficient as those in the Faroe Islands make out - a chum's workmate (who is from there) admitted that it's an excuse to get pissed, and as the night goes on the killings get sloppier.

But yes, I agree that the article is being shared without people actually stopping to research it first.

People who felt the need to express their distaste for the SuperBowl. Don't like it? Don't watch it. Nobody cares that you 'canna get into this stop and start pish'. Someone on my Facebook feed seemed particularly upset at how 'Americanized' the sport was. Funny that, with it being American and all. Noone is seeking your validation and it's not surprising that a lifetime spent not watching the sport isn't reversed by watching one game.

• Upvote 4

Granted the whole thing isn't as efficient as those in the Faroe Islands make out - a chum's workmate (who is from there) admitted that it's an excuse to get pissed, and as the night goes on the killings get sloppier.

But yes, I agree that the article is being shared without people actually stopping to research it first.

Aye that was mostly the point. The articles make it out to be a ritual blood fest in the Danish Faroe islands.....and im seeing people who i would class as far more intelligent than me getting sucked into it all. 

People who felt the need to express their distaste for the SuperBowl. Don't like it? Don't watch it. Nobody cares that you 'canna get into this stop and start pish'. Someone on my Facebook feed seemed particularly upset at how 'Americanized' the sport was. Funny that, with it being American and all. Noone is seeking your validation and it's not surprising that a lifetime spent not watching the sport isn't reversed by watching one game.

Personally I'm all for Superb Owls.  Check out this one

great_grey_owl_JariPeltomaki4.jpg

Word.

Same type of moaning happens when the World Cup is on. It happens once every 4 years. So yeah, Eastenders and Saturday Night Whatever with Ant and Dec might be rescheduled for the next 4 weeks, once every 4 years. You're not going to die. Read a book, or watch Gavin & Stacey on iPlayer until it's over.

Blame Stephen Colbert.

Oh I do.

in fact, Stephen Colbert is a bit of a pet hate. I've decided his show is terrible. John Stewart generally lets his guests make their points before coming back with a jibe. Colbert cuts people off mid-sentence and the whole show seems to be carved around very cheap jokes with very little actual information being put across. It's like a dumbed down version of the Daily Show. Which is fine in itself, but too many people view it as some credible news source. 

Agreed, I read a report on the match in the Guardian this morning and the comment section had loads of people who thought it necessary to say they don't like the sport, it shouldn't be called football, why do they call it a world championship (do they?, that a British newspaper shouldn't be reporting on it because no one here cares about it etc etc

I just don't understand the thinking. I never comment on articles about say Horse Racing which I dislike and almost certainly don't properly understand. I just don't think about it and I certainly don't get angered on the few occasions it is deemed worthy of a presence on the home page. 

Word.

Same type of moaning happens when the World Cup is on. It happens once every 4 years. So yeah, Eastenders and Saturday Night Whatever with Ant and Dec might be rescheduled for the next 4 weeks, once every 4 years. You're not going to die. Read a book, or watch Gavin & Stacey on iPlayer until it's over.

This.

My mum used to moan like fuck when one of her soaps was moved. MOVED. Not fucking cancelled or anything. Moved to a little bit later or whatever. Once every 4 years. For the rest of the time the same soap is on about 8 times a week.

But - if it was Wimbledon that was on the telly all day for 2 weeks she was ok with that.

Agreed, I read a report on the match in the Guardian this morning and the comment section had loads of people who thought it necessary to say they don't like the sport, it shouldn't be called football, why do they call it a world championship (do they?, that a British newspaper shouldn't be reporting on it because no one here cares about it etc etc

I just don't understand the thinking. I never comment on articles about say Horse Racing which I dislike and almost certainly don't properly understand. I just don't think about it and I certainly don't get angered on the few occasions it is deemed worthy of a presence on the home page.

I don't care for Super Bowl or American Football in any way. But only because it's almost completely off my radar.

I'm proper furious that some people enjoyed the Super Bowl the other night whilst I was sleeping. The cuntbastards.