aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

More pedestrian gripes. I hate it when I'm crossing across a junction, assuming it is clear because no one is signalling to turn. Half way across, some last-second-indicator bombs around the corner and toots his horn because I'm crossing. My right of way, son. Should have indicated sooner, and I wouldn't have crossed. Only indicating as you go round the corner whilst I'm crossing and not before you approach the corner makes you a total turd, and will probably make me cross the road slower, on purpose. I might even stop dead and shrug at why you're beeping, if I'm feeling particularly cunty.

Rat bastard pedestrians not looking to see if anyone in a motorised vehicle is indicating before ambling across the road are similarly piss boiling.

• Upvote 1

More pedestrian gripes. I hate it when I'm crossing across a junction, assuming it is clear because no one is signalling to turn. Half way across, some last-second-indicator bombs around the corner and toots his horn because I'm crossing. My right of way, son. Should have indicated sooner, and I wouldn't have crossed. Only indicating as you go round the corner whilst I'm crossing and not before you approach the corner makes you a total turd, and will probably make me cross the road slower, on purpose. I might even stop dead and shrug at why you're beeping, if I'm feeling particularly cunty.

This. I was walking the guy renting my flat for oil week into town and as we crossed the bus/delivery entrance into union square a man in a jag decided to turn in without indicating at all. I said "try indicating next time" and he has a massive rant at me. He said "do you just stand in the road waiting to get hit?!" also wank bag. Geek and speccy (he wore glasses) Welcome to Aberdeen. Also if you indicate as you are turning, it isn't indicating.

Guest Cool Thinker

This. I was walking the guy renting my flat for oil week into town and as we crossed the bus/delivery entrance into union square a man in a jag decided to turn in without indicating at all. I said "try indicating next time" and he has a massive rant at me. He said "do you just stand in the road waiting to get hit?!" also wank bag. Geek and speccy (he wore glasses) Welcome to Aberdeen. Also if you indicate as you are turning, it isn't indicating.

So basically Shell Oil will be pulling out of Aberdeen because of that.

• Downvote 2

Guest Cool Thinker

Waited in a cinema for 40 minutes listening to the music and the one song (Avengers theme) comes on just as I am leaving. It's the only one of there songs that is worth a damn.

Listened to James Bond theme, Jurassic Park theme, Space Invaders: The Movie theme, Inception theme but the only good one comes on as I am leaving. The movie didn't even happen due to corrupt download. Bring back 35mm.

Car accidents. Someone drove into the back of me at the arches roundabout this morning. Thankfully my Focus' bulbous arse took the impact admirably, with just a wee scratch on the bumper.  So no big deal, but the woman who did it didn't even get out of her car to apologise, just sat sheepishly in her car and waved an apology out the window while I stood there looking incredulous.

Rat bastard pedestrians not looking to see if anyone in a motorised vehicle is indicating before ambling across the road are similarly piss boiling.

That too. Like most normal people, I am in fear of a two ton lump of metal powering towards me, so I look. It's surprising how many people just walk out onto a busy junction without even a glance, then start mouthing off at cars who beep at them.

I'm pretty sure these people are just following life's path and have been chosen to die. Don't stop next time. Just mow them down.

If a pedestrian walking while looking at their phone ambled across the mouth of a junction without taking due care to notice the car turning right without signalling, being driven by a person also using their phone would the ab-music board be able to withstand the barrage of Pet hates posts or would the internet simply end? 

• Upvote 5

Waited in a cinema for 40 minutes listening to the music and the one song (Avengers theme) comes on just as I am leaving. It's the only one of there songs that is worth a damn.

Listened to James Bond theme, Jurassic Park theme, Space Invaders: The Movie theme, Inception theme but the only good one comes on as I am leaving. The movie didn't even happen due to corrupt download. Bring back 35mm.

I don't understand this post at all.

What happened?

current pet hate ... people who walk down union street looking at their "smart phones" instead of looking where they are going... then look astonished when they walk into you... like its your fault ... GTF

Past few weeks I've been in crutches and this has become more of a pet hate than ever before. Been walked into a million times. One guy almost completely toppled me over, didnt say a word when he did it either so I poked him hard with my crutch and called him a prick. He looked like a total cunt so I didnt feel bad about it either. I got a nod of approval from a guy walking beside me too.

• Upvote 2

Tbf, I see this as more of a council thing than a person thing. The council should get that emptied. If it was between adding to that pile or having a stinking bag in my flat I wouldn't think twice about putting it on that.

But there's a bag of clothes and papers and card there as well.

I see someone has rightfully added a big and bold "paper only" banner to your recycling bin. Right on. The chump across the road uses it as a general waste bin, even though the general waste bin is right behind it. Dick.

Where the paper only sign is is the only way into the bin unless you have a key to unlock it.

Guest Cool Thinker

Sounds like he was loitering gormlessly  in the foyer listening to the film theme tunes that are piped in - for no apparent reason.

This is what I've surmised. Could be anything really. The guy's mental.

It was in a screen although the foyer does have a bigger selection of music but plays some dodgy ones sometimes like High School Musical and Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder edition music).

I like how all of you assume that I am male I mean I am male but just saying.

Edited by Cool Thinker

I still don't understand.

Mr Thinker attended a screening of the film 'Rush' at Cineworld. However, there was a technical issue resulting in the film being unable to be shown, apparently a problem with a corrupt download. This resulted in Mr Thinker having to sit in the cinema waiting for the issue to be sorted out, and while waiting, the cinema played various theme tunes for everyone's entertainment. After 40 minutes, it appears that the issue was still unresolved, so Mr Thinker left the cinema However as he was leaving, a particular theme started playing, which Mr Thinker actually likes, as opposed to all the other themes played previously, which he does not.

An unfortunate series of events for Mr Thinker, and I do hope he was suitable recompensed.