aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Cool Thinker

people who scan old photos to upload onto a computer who don't trim the picture.

That picture is so old that when it was taken the internet hadn't even been invented.

2 music shops in town - neither have a stereo patch cable, neither have any patch cables*.........

I'm keen to buy local and happy to pay a little more than Amazon or Axesrus or whoever - keep some kind of stock on hand though guys!!

*Imported Instruments actually did have ONE patch cable, but not a stereo one. Poetic licence etc.

• Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

2 music shops in town - neither have a stereo patch cable, neither have any patch cables*.........

I'm keen to buy local and happy to pay a little more than Amazon or Axesrus or whoever - keep some kind of stock on hand though guys!!

*Imported Instruments actually did have ONE patch cable, but not a stereo one. Poetic licence etc.

doesn't tom sell patch leads? their budget but their not bad

edit~ not sure if their stereo but worth phoning him

Edited by Young Adolesent
  • Upvote 1

I know a guy who sells patch leads if that helps? Their not stereo and their pretty bad and i don't actually know him but thought i'd mention it anyway. He doesn't have a phone if you want to call him.

I knew what he meant - settle down min.

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 2

Guest Young Adolesent

If not toms classaxe in the market i remember them getting in some cool looking patch leads. Yet again dont know if their stereo. Even maplins maybe?

What kind of stereo patch cable are we talking about? There's a shitload of variants.

Btw I totally agree about supporting local businesses only to find they have little stock. I guess that is all part and parcel of taking on on-line distributers though, stock on the shelf costs...

What kind of stereo patch cable are we talking about? There's a shitload of variants.

Btw I totally agree about supporting local businesses only to find they have little stock. I guess that is all part and parcel of taking on on-line distributers though, stock on the shelf costs...

It's for connecting an expression pedal to an FX pedal - 1/4 inch stereo jack plugs and a foot of cable and i'm sorted. Maplins should sell them and they'll definitely have the bits to make one, I just can't be hooped trecking out there.

What Aberdeen needs is a shop that sells exactly the musical kit I want, records I like and sandwiches.

Any budding entrepreneurs out there who'd like to sell TONS of cables, strings, expensive fx pedals, mopey indie rock CD's and have a talent for making meatball subs/bbq chicken paninis take note........

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 1

It's for connecting an expression pedal to an FX pedal - 1/4 inch stereo jack plugs and a foot of cable and i'm sorted. Maplins should sell them and they'll definitely have the bits to make one, I just can't be hooped trecking out there.

What Aberdeen needs is a shop that sells exactly the musical kit I want, records I like and sandwiches.

Any budding entrepreneurs out there who'd like to sell TONS of cables, strings, expensive fx pedals, mopey indie rock CD's and have a talent for making meatball subs/bbq chicken paninis take note........

A totally investable proposition, I can see some poor sod getting his arse chewed off in the humiliation fest that is dragons den anytime now...

Guest Young Adolesent

as long as their selling guitars too i think this would put R&B out of buisness

Still.....a bit of an overreaction to what was clearly a joke from YA.

And you have to admit that it was a proper fanboy response.

Given YA's posts all across the boards, it wasn't clearly a joke. At least, I didn't think it was at first. And maybe HE's smiley face showed that he too was replying in jest.

Like this...fuck off you wanker :laughing::love::kiss:

Given YA's posts all across the boards, it wasn't clearly a joke. At least, I didn't think it was at first. And maybe HE's smiley face showed that he too was replying in jest.

Like this...fuck off you wanker :laughing::love::kiss:

Either way it's not really worth the 2 of us second guessing what other posters meant.

Cunt :kiss:  :kiss:  :kiss: