aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My dog chewing my passport, leaving me in a scramble to get a new one with only a few weeks till I leave the country on holiday. 

I never realised that dogs actually did things like this. Where are you headed, out of interest? Will there be the possibility of the fabled international stalk?

I never realised that dogs actually did things like this. Where are you headed, out of interest? Will there be the possibility of the fabled international stalk?

Yep, they do indeed. It's funny because we leave tons of things out and she'll never touch them but it HAD to be my passport she decided to chew. Going to Toronto for the wknd so chances of an int-stlk are slim. I desperately tried to stalk Teabags when he was over here but couldn't find him.

Yep, they do indeed. It's funny because we leave tons of things out and she'll never touch them but it HAD to be my passport she decided to chew. Going to Toronto for the wknd so chances of an int-stlk are slim. I desperately tried to stalk Teabags when he was over here but couldn't find him.

Did not realise your trip was so soon; I will chase up that 'travel guide' A-sap.

Taking the car to a garage.  Why is it never a simple thing?  I just want to take my car to a garage, they fix the problem and charge me a fair price with no fuss.  It shouldn't be difficult!

Yesterday my car went in to get new shock springs, came back with no locking wheel nuts (they snapped the key) and a massive crack in the windscreen :(

Taking the car to a garage.  Why is it never a simple thing?  I just want to take my car to a garage, they fix the problem and charge me a fair price with no fuss.  It shouldn't be difficult!

Yesterday my car went in to get new shock springs, came back with no locking wheel nuts (they snapped the key) and a massive crack in the windscreen :(

What the hell had they been up to?!

Which garage was it, out of interest?

What the hell had they been up to?!

Which garage was it, out of interest?

Won't name them until I've spoken to them.

I suspect the shock of the key breaking cracked the screen, but they should have spotted it and owned up.  It's 6-8 inches right in the middle of the driver's vision! Hard to miss.

You didn't pm me for advice! Could have saved you stress/money and time

You didn't pm me for advice! Could have saved you stress/money and time

Would you have been able to recommend someone? I wanted to try a garage in Banchory.  It would be good to have one where I live that I can trust.

I called round most of them to arrange this work and they all either didn't get back to me with a quote or cried off saying they couldn't fit it in. Apart from the garage in question who had a very helpful and patient receptionist who called me back promptly with prices and times they could do it.  Shame it's worked out like it has.

Phoned the garage this morning.  They said to bring it in and they'll take a look but sounded very non-committal.  Unfortunately with the windscreen it's very hard for me to prove it wasn't chipped or damaged before I took it in so if they decide not to fix it then it's a call to my insurance company and a costly excess (plus another windscreen claim to declare when renewing).

Or alternatively, simply delete them as friends or hide them from your newsfeed.

Pet Hate thread is NO PLACE FOR SIMPLE LOGIC. Nobody comes here for ACTUAL, USEFUL SOLUTIONS to their problems.

Pet Hate - people offering actual, useful solutions to my first-world problems.

xx

Would you have been able to recommend someone? I wanted to try a garage in Banchory.  It would be good to have one where I live that I can trust.

I called round most of them to arrange this work and they all either didn't get back to me with a quote or cried off saying they couldn't fit it in. Apart from the garage in question who had a very helpful and patient receptionist who called me back promptly with prices and times they could do it.  Shame it's worked out like it has.

Phoned the garage this morning.  They said to bring it in and they'll take a look but sounded very non-committal.  Unfortunately with the windscreen it's very hThey aard for me to prove it wasn't chipped or damaged before I took it in so if they decide not to fix it then it's a call to my insurance company and a costly excess (plus another windscreen claim to declare when renewing).

I always recommend MMC in Culter for people west of the city.

Garages always seem to get let down by their customer service side of things, I really don't think they realize how patronizing and or bullying they seem to a non mechanical type of person.

Same goes for anyone on here, need car advice, price for parts. someone to fit them? PM me