aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Landlords can get to fuck. My current landlord, specifically, is being quite hostile and bit nasty whenever I speak to him. He's served a notice to quit so he can sell this hellhole. The place is a bit knackered, due to rainwater damage which they refused to fix for months, and funnily enough managed to fix it in one afternoon the day after they informed me the flat was being sold. Nice timing, that.

I'm probably going to hand the keys back in a jar. A jar filled with wasps. Angry wasps, due to the jar being rolled down a hill.

• Upvote 3

you should pull the old cress seeds in the carpet number. And the fish in the radiator... both classic time-bomb leaving presents for nasty landlords.

I heard a horror story from a friend in Glasgow whose landlord staged a baseball-bat/balaclava break in to get rid of his tenants. It was a 'leave or else' situation. They left. Cool story bro.

Drivers in queues of traffic checking their phones the whole time.  Especially if they're sitting in the car behind me, constantly looking down at their phone while the queue edges forward. Keep expecting one of them to drive into the back of me one of these days.

Folk constantly having their phone out in any situation does my nut in. The amount of people who just walk around everywhere glaring at it, or just holding so it's ready to be glared at. I have one girl who I went to school with as a friend on Facebook who posts pictures of herself driving, or updates about traffic, as she's driving. She;s also posted how she's been given fines for using her phones driving, but she still does it. The only thing that will bring her back to reality now is a horrendous, life-taking car wreck.

Landlords can get to fuck. My current landlord, specifically, is being quite hostile and bit nasty whenever I speak to him. He's served a notice to quit so he can sell this hellhole. The place is a bit knackered, due to rainwater damage which they refused to fix for months, and funnily enough managed to fix it in one afternoon the day after they informed me the flat was being sold. Nice timing, that.

I'm probably going to hand the keys back in a jar. A jar filled with wasps. Angry wasps, due to the jar being rolled down a hill.

As ca-gere says, spread some cress seeds in the carpet, make sure you turn on the heating the day your leaving, and spray the carpets with some water. Let the fun commence.

• Upvote 1

As ca-gere says, spread some cress seeds in the carpet, make sure you turn on the heating the day your leaving, and spray the carpets with some water. Let the fun commence.

It's all laminate, and I wouldn't fancy leaving the heating on after I leave incase they bill me for that. I was already paying through the nose for gas when barely ever using the heating.

I'm probably not gonna fuck about with them. The guy who I've been dealing with looks like a total loose cannon. He's always covered in bling. Massive sovereign rings and stuff, and he's always got cuts on his face. Looks like he's been in a fight all the time. He gets pretty aggro about stuff whenever I phone, as if him looking after the property is some sort of unwanted chore, so I'll just leave the flat with as minimal communication as possible. He started yelling at me when I asked when the gas safety people were coming round, after they were 3 days late, and I'd taken 3 days off work. The guy is a total fruit.

They are just a set of dodgers. Never fixed the leak we've had since Christmas, or the damp I've had when I moved in 2 years ago. Nothing has been PAT tested, epitomized by the plug for the kettle melting itself into the plug socket and now can't be removed. Nobody came and sorted that. There's only 2 sockets in the kitchen (which doesn't meet the tolerable standard) and one of them is being hogged by a cheap, faulty, melted kettle. So yeah, don't ever go with Grampian Property Group. Bad apples.

Sign for a new place tomorrow. Move in 2 weeks. Totally pumped.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 2

Aberdeen City Council. Their customer service is dreadful (in my experience).

I agree with you on so many levels. Their usual customer service (and i'm talking about having dealt with several departments over the years) ranges from can't be arsed to couldn't give a fuck with the latter being the default usually. Horrid bunch of cunts. Their complaints procedure is pointless as well as they clearly just have a stock "we're sorry we're useless, get over it" email response.

Edited by Alkaline

Aberdeen City Council. Their customer service is dreadful (in my experience).

Pretty much. I've worked in a few departments in the past 4 years, and there is often only one focus. If anyone comes at us with a genuine reason for complaint or for the need to be worked around that one focus, it's simply no chance.

I used to work for the department that refurbished council house stock. If a property had genuinely been missed off the programmes for whatever reason, it was just tough. Someone could call us and say their kitchen is falling apart and inhabitable. It could be surveyed and even if it was true, they'd just be told "Sorry, not on the list". They just don't compromise.

It's probably not just ACC. I was a temp at Leeds City Council years ago. Equally as unsympathetic towards just about anything. Local authorities don't care about you, or anyone. I'm pretty desperate to get out of ACC.

Started building the clean boost pedal kit I bought. Finished the circuit board and was very pleased with myself then noticed I missed a tiny step (connecting two pins of the pot) and I need to remove the pot. Now I've got to wait until I get a de-soldering tool before I can finish it.