aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I have been in the office for less than five minutes. Cunt At Work (CAW) strikes again. Twice.

CAW: "It's the 1st November today"

CAW: "Yeah, I think that guy is coming for that meeting upstairs at 9."

Me: "I know I got the email."

CAW: "Yeah I think it says two different locations though"

Me: (in my head) Not if you can fucking read. You cunt.

The hold music at my work. Imagine being on the phone 8 hours a day, taking anything from 50-100 calls a day. Then imagine that on about 60% of those calls you have to ring another department and hold for anything up to 10 minutes. Now imagine that every time that happens you're listening to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.

• Upvote 1

The hold music at my work. Imagine being on the phone 8 hours a day, taking anything from 50-100 calls a day. Then imagine that on about 60% of those calls you have to ring another department and hold for anything up to 10 minutes. Now imagine that every time that happens you're listening to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.

Are Snow Patrol big in Poland?

• Upvote 1

Cowboy garages. I took my car in a couple months ago to get two new tyres and to get a headlight fixed, it had a broken seal and was full of condensation. They took £100 off me, didn't actually fix the light (I ended up having to take it to another garage and getting the whole thing replaced), and when I took it in for it's NCT (MOT) test this morning it failed because seemingly the two tyres they put on are two different sizes. Boo-urns. Worst garage ever.

Cowboy garages. I took my car in a couple months ago to get two new tyres and to get a headlight fixed, it had a broken seal and was full of condensation. They took £100 off me, didn't actually fix the light (I ended up having to take it to another garage and getting the whole thing replaced), and when I took it in for it's NCT (MOT) test this morning it failed because seemingly the two tyres they put on are two different sizes. Boo-urns. Worst garage ever.

That's really strange, the last polish mechanic I saw was really good.

Almost no chance of getting anywhere with that, I didn't get a receipt or anything.

Did you pay by card or have someone with you when you dropped off or picked up your car? They act as proof of purchase, so you don't need a receipt. Take this further, don't let the bastards off with it.

Did you pay by card or have someone with you when you dropped off or picked up your car? They act as proof of purchase, so you don't need a receipt. Take this further, don't let the bastards off with it.

No. I just turned up, handed it over to some dodgy Romanian guy with a limp, paid cash the next day. It's astounding really. Part of the agreement was that they were supposed to put it through a pre-NCT exam (the system here is different to the UK. You get the test done in a government run NCT centre as opposed to a garage, and literally all they do is test it, if anything needs fixed they give you a list to go and get it done at a garage and then you bring it back for a re-test when it's done). And then it fails on is the fucking tyres they put on. But.... I got it home and changed one of the offending tyres for the spare, which does match the other side. Off to drive back to the centre and get it re-tested. It's a pain in the arse. The two fails were for unmatching tyres, and on one of the wheels, the wheel nuts were on backwards (which was my fault). The people in the NCT test could have fixed all that in 5 minutes, instead I have to drive all the way home (illegally I might add), fuck around changing tyres in the pouring rain and then drive all the way back. Fuck them. Though the place is right next an to Ikea, so I may soften the blow by going for some meatballs.

• Upvote 1

No. I just turned up, handed it over to some dodgy Romanian guy with a limp, paid cash the next day. It's astounding really. Part of the agreement was that they were supposed to put it through a pre-NCT exam (the system here is different to the UK. You get the test done in a government run NCT centre as opposed to a garage, and literally all they do is test it, if anything needs fixed they give you a list to go and get it done at a garage and then you bring it back for a re-test when it's done). And then it fails on is the fucking tyres they put on. But.... I got it home and changed one of the offending tyres for the spare, which does match the other side. Off to drive back to the centre and get it re-tested. It's a pain in the arse. The two fails were for unmatching tyres, and on one of the wheels, the wheel nuts were on backwards (which was my fault). The people in the NCT test could have fixed all that in 5 minutes, instead I have to drive all the way home (illegally I might add), fuck around changing tyres in the pouring rain and then drive all the way back. Fuck them. Though the place is right next an to Ikea, so I may soften the blow by going for some meatballs.

could you not have just changed your wheel/swap your nuts in the Ikea car park rather than drive home and do it?? [/unhelpful advice]

My gammy hand that the doctors can't diagnose. My ring finger on my shredding hand is totally knackered. It looks like a bowling pin. Skinny at the top, then two lots of swelling. Keeno, you're practically a doc right? My symptoms are hurty, swollen, shooting pains, can't use it for anything, yet I instinctively use it for typing and then I swear outloud cos it right bastard hurts. I did a bit of heavy lifting over the past couple of days due to moving offices and the pain is all over my hand now. Are they going to have to amputate? I'm fine with that, so long as they replace it with a robotic finger.

could you not have just changed your wheel/swap your nuts in the Ikea car park rather than drive home and do it?? [/unhelpful advice]

I could but it was pishing rain and freezing and 8.30am. I figured I'd go home, have a cup of tea and wait for the rain to go off. Which it didn't. No dramas really, I went back with it and got somebody to re-test it and it passed.

Not so much a "pet hate" as a "thing that made me a bit depressed" - Just seen one of the guys I was in a group interview with at Apple who is now working there. I didn't even think he was that amazing during the interview which makes it sting a little bit. Ah well.

I reckon you dodged a bullet, working for the Apple store seems soul destroying to me.

To be honest, getting paid to talk about products I use and enjoy using seems like the ideal job for me. But yeah, Apple is a bit of a dick company overall now I guess.