aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/191261-students-stun-onlookers-with-gangnam-style-inspired-flash-mob/

Can people please stop doing flash mobs, it's old, pointless and defeats the purpose when it's organised down to FUCKING rehearsals. The whole point was it was spontaneous and no one really knew anyone else, all the crap going on now has probably been rehearsed about 100 times in the two months leading up to the fucking thing.

Flash mobs are pap. The bird in the blue t-shirt with red trousers in the photo is wonderful, though.

• Upvote 1

Ordered a synth. It arrived at DPD's depot on Friday morning. Sat there all weekend. Then they drove it out to Banchory this morning and drove it all the way back to their depot again. Most couriers leave things with my neighbours, many of whom are home during the day. I'd been looking forward to playing with it tonight and now I'll have to go get it at lunchtime tomorrow (they won't deliver to a different postcode and don't trust them to leave it with a neighbour again) before I can get my mitts on it.

I know we've had this kind of complaint on here before but it's still annoying.

Couriers are a pain in the dick. Who'd have thought delivering a parcel would cause so much widespread turmoil. A courier I used recently, who I can't for the life of me remember, actually allocated me with an hour timeslot for delivery by text, instead of just saying "anytime between 8 and 6". That's pretty incredible.

To be fair to DPD they did say on their tracking website that it would be delivered within a specific 1 hour timeslot. But I was (perhaps unrealistically) expecting them to be sensible and leave it with a neighbour or at least give me the option of redelivery to the office. In future I'll just get stuff delivered direct to the office in the first place.

Couriers are a pain in the dick. Who'd have thought delivering a parcel would cause so much widespread turmoil. A courier I used recently, who I can't for the life of me remember, actually allocated me with an hour timeslot for delivery by text, instead of just saying "anytime between 8 and 6". That's pretty incredible.

UK Mail do this, and will allow you to postpone the delivery if you can't/won't be able to be around at the time of delivery.

Yep. My O2 stuff is being delivered by UK mail. They text this morning and said it would be delivered sometime between 11 and 1 and if I want to postpone to a different day text a single number. Did it and straight away its getting rescheduled for tomorrow. Which is awesome (provided it shows up). Especially since the last courier I dealt with was the Yodel ordeal.

My local corner shop go apeshit if you withdraw a tenner from their cash machine and buy a paper with it to get change for the bus that demands exact change. How do I get exact change then, if everyone is going to be arsehole about it? Why not put your dickhead drivers through primary school again so they can learn how to count coins.

• Upvote 4

My local corner shop go apeshit if you withdraw a tenner from their cash machine and buy a paper with it to get change for the bus that demands exact change. How do I get exact change then, if everyone is going to be arsehole about it? Why not put your dickhead drivers through primary school again so they can learn how to count coins.

Even the busses that give change whinge about it. The Stagecoach drivers often moan if I try and pay with a tenner or twenty pound note in Banchory. "Have you got anything smaller, I don't have much change" being their usual complaint. Well who the fuck are you saving it for? Another customer?

EXACTLY. I used to be pretty pissed off when someone used a £20, but a £10 is fair game methinks.

(For clarity, I worked in a Co-Op on Sunday mornings so got all the folk buying their Sunday papers.)

Is it just an Aberdeen thing, this whole exact change on the bus business? I'd never seen it anywhere else until I moved here. They've essentially removed what is probably the most challenging part of the job. I hope they took an axe in their pay as a result, since they don't handle cash nor really have to excert any sort of people skills.

Is it just an Aberdeen thing, this whole exact change on the bus business? I'd never seen it anywhere else until I moved here. They've essentially removed what is probably the most challenging part of the job. I hope they took an axe in their pay as a result, since they don't handle cash nor really have to excert any sort of people skills.

Most of them don't even fucking bother speaking. I need change anyway to pay for FOOTBAWL tonight.

EXACTLY. I used to be pretty pissed off when someone used a £20, but a £10 is fair game methinks.

(For clarity, I worked in a Co-Op on Sunday mornings so got all the folk buying their Sunday papers.)

When I worked in a video shop, I had someone come in at 10:30 (we opened at 10) wanting to pay for videos with a £100 note, as the float in one till was £100 and the other was £50 I told him to go to the nearby spar or bookies and get it changed there.

The exact change thing is actually done to prevent theft. The drivers don't have access to the money box at all, so if their takings are short it's because they're genuinely short and not because the driver needed an extra fiver to buy a packet of fags.

But yeah, it is a ballache.

Answer to that is "get more trustworthy staff"!