aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

One of my girlfriend's christmas presents is pretty dependent on her being in the country on the 19th of january. HOWEVER there might be student visa issues meaning that she might have to leave the country again/get deported when she tries to get back in on the 14th. The big pet hate here is my girlfriend potentially getting deported, the smaller pet hate is her not being here on the 19th.

Is your girlfriend:

STV: Popular busker could face deportation after begging blitz in Aberdeen

?

• Upvote 2

The sourpuss old hags who work in J.G Ross who seemingly hate foreigners, English people included. They are very friendly if you're Scottish. Not if you're English, Polish or African. The local infront of me handed over an English tenner, and the woman said it would burn her hand if she held it too long. I was also in there a few weeks back, and a Nigerian girl asked for an application form for the job advertised in the window. The woman said there was none left, but when the girl left, she said to me "There's loads left, but she's definitely not getting a job here" whilst giving me a wink, which must be the universal racist wink. She was rude as fuck once I spoke and she realised I didn't have a Scottish accent. Nice people.

I feel like a bad man supporting them, but their super toastie large pan loaf is the fucking balls. It's a shame it's made by a bunch of horrible shitbags.

Guest Gladstone
The sourpuss old hags who work in J.G Ross who seemingly hate foreigners, English people included. They are very friendly if you're Scottish. Not if you're English, Polish or African. The local infront of me handed over an English tenner, and the woman said it would burn her hand if she held it too long. I was also in there a few weeks back, and a Nigerian girl asked for an application form for the job advertised in the window. The woman said there was none left, but when the girl left, she said to me "There's loads left, but she's definitely not getting a job here" whilst giving me a wink, which must be the universal racist wink. She was rude as fuck once I spoke and she realised I didn't have a Scottish accent. Nice people.

I feel like a bad man supporting them, but their super toastie large pan loaf is the fucking balls. It's a shame it's made by a bunch of horrible shitbags.

I absolutely fucking hate racism. I don't know how people can actually go through life, looking down on people because of the colour of their skin, or their nationality, or their accent or whatever.

I was in my local pub out in the sticks a couple of months ago for the first time in ages, and the casual racism in that place was just fucking disgusting. And this was from my family and friends. Absolutely horrendous. I lost count of the amount of times I heard the "D word" - I thought it died out in the 80s - not in New Deer. To be fair, they probably haven't seen anyone who isn't white and pasty in New Deer, ever.

The part which annoys me most about this is the wink. She didn't think she had to hide her racist attitude, she assumed the next white guy in the shop would feel the same.

Fucking BA.

My wife arrived at heathrow today about 40 mins before her flight to aberdeen was due to leave and she wasn't allowed through the gate 'cause they said she didn't have time to get to the plane. She didn't have any fucking bags to check or anything, but they wouldn't let her through. They then charged her an extra £200 for a flight 5 hours later which the cunt on the counter said had "loads of seats left".

Fucking ARSEHOLES!

xx

Last flights I've taken (none with BA fwiw) it's been recommended to arrive 2 hrs before and last boarding time is about 40 mins before. Even though they never board on time if I arrived at the airport 40 mins before boarding I wouldn't expect to get on the plane. I'd try and be very pissed off at the time but mostly with myself for arriving too late.

Last time I flew through terminal 5 a man from BA met us as we got off the plane from Aberdeen and led us past most of the queues so we can could make our connection. Great service. The connection was late departing though so we could have made it.

Never had a bad experience with BA until now. TBH - the only thing that's fucked me off is the price. £200! fucking farcical considering her original return ticket was only £160. They could've given her a seat on the (nearly empty) plane for fuck all or just next to it, but they are cunts.

xx

Guest Gladstone
Last time I flew through terminal 5 a man from BA met us as we got off the plane from Aberdeen and led us past most of the queues so we can could make our connection. Great service. The connection was late departing though so we could have made it.

I've found that people struggling to make their flights just ask nicely if they can jump the queue in an airport and most folk just let them through. It's quite surprising because people are normally dicks but in airports people in a hurry tend to get let through. I've only had to queue jump once, but I've let others through a few times.

Probably a combination of the fact that most people in a security queue aren't in a hurry because they've arrived 2 hours before flight time and the fact airports normally have a combination of people from across the world (i.e. not just grumpy Aberdonians...)

Guest Gladstone
Never had a bad experience with BA until now. TBH - the only thing that's fucked me off is the price. £200! fucking farcical considering her original return ticket was only £160. They could've given her a seat on the (nearly empty) plane for fuck all or just next to it, but they are cunts.

xx

Not getting on the flight is annoying as fuck, but it's difficult to complain if she turned up less than 40 minutes before. Saying that, they could probably have made an exception, given that she would have had loads of time to get to the plane and on it before it physically pulled away. But £200 is steep as fuck for an additional cost.

She should have started greeting uncontrollably - that shit normally works for women.

• Upvote 1

I've found that people struggling to make their flights just ask nicely if they can jump the queue in an airport and most folk just let them through. It's quite surprising because people are normally dicks but in airports people in a hurry tend to get let through. I've only had to queue jump once, but I've let others through a few times.
Last time I saw someone try that in Heathrow (xmas 2009 I think it was, en route to Dubai) some bloke in the queue behind us actually almost started a fight with the family trying to skip in front. Thing is, the weather had delayed pretty much EVERYONE'S flight so everyone had to queue just like the rest of us and, to be fair, we had been in this queue for about 3 hours despite the fact it didn't look that long. I wouldn't have mind them skipping but they basically weren't in any situation that we weren't pretty much all in. Bloke at the counter got us on a Virgin flight to Dubai like 4 hours later. No qualms. The folk getting aggro weren't making the situation any more bearable. Idiots.

Guest Gladstone
Last time I saw someone try that in Heathrow (xmas 2009 I think it was, en route to Dubai) some bloke in the queue behind us actually almost started a fight with the family trying to skip in front. Thing is, the weather had delayed pretty much EVERYONE'S flight so everyone had to queue just like the rest of us and, to be fair, we had been in this queue for about 3 hours despite the fact it didn't look that long. I wouldn't have mind them skipping but they basically weren't in any situation that we weren't pretty much all in. Bloke at the counter got us on a Virgin flight to Dubai like 4 hours later. No qualms. The folk getting aggro weren't making the situation any more bearable. Idiots.

That is a different situation to what I was describing. I think it happened the last time I was at Heathrow - we weren't in a long queue - just a normal security queue and there weren't any delays or anything. This extremely flustered looking American dude was just going "excuse me, I'm going to miss my flight, do you mind if I jump in? Thanks so much" etc etc. And everyone just stepped aside. I've seen that a few times.

Obviously - in your situation, tempers are frayed and people can get totally arsey, especially if everyone has a 3+ hour wait.

When you send a facebook message or a text which you only realise is far too enthusiastic after it's sent. Just sent a text congratulating a friend on a show he put on and each of the four sentences in it end with an exclamation mark. I now feel like one of those cunts who types everything with caps lock on.

xx

DON'T FEEL BAD. I'M SURE YOUR FRIEND WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK PAST ALL THE EXCLAMATION MARKS.

Pet Hate: A total lack of motivation or enthusiasm. The past week or so, if I haven't been with friends, I've been just sitting watching T.V. And I've had loads that I need to do. I just can't seem to want to do them when I have the time. Horrible feeling.