aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

One of my girlfriend's christmas presents is pretty dependent on her being in the country on the 19th of january. HOWEVER there might be student visa issues meaning that she might have to leave the country again/get deported when she tries to get back in on the 14th. The big pet hate here is my girlfriend potentially getting deported, the smaller pet hate is her not being here on the 19th.

Sending a list to my missis' mum letting her know what I've got her for Christmas, so there's no duplication when she starts her Christmas shopping. Then finding out just now that she's bought something today off my list. WHY?!?!!11!

That's what I get for being ridiculously organised this year and finishing all my shopping before December even started. I get punched in the face by Christmas.

Christmas is cancelled.

Guest Gladstone
Certainly not. And no time off. Get back to work.

Fuck you on about? He lives in Spain. We all know people in Spain don't actually work. 8 hour lunch breaks and all that shit.

In most parts of manhattan you can. As in it really is instantaneous. I've probably waited a combined total of 30 seconds for a cab. You'll have seen the kerb to kerb yellow cab images but what folk might not know is that about 70% of the other traffic are cabs too, just not yellow ones.

Has it ever happened that you've gone to get in a yellow cab at the same time as a young woman, argued with each other about who was there first, realised your going the same way, shared the cab, both apologised for the argument stating neither of you were having a good day (her with her big fashion assignment due and you with that big project looming which you've lost the blueprints for), went your separate ways before realising that you'd picked up each other's iPhones, got back in touch to swap phones, flirted a little, left it a few days while your respective best friends have given you advice and explained the current rules of dating, went on a couple of dates before having some trouble balancing your heavy work schedules with dating, picked things up again before she announces that she's got to go to Paris to live for a year, said your goodbyes but then had a change of heart putting love before work and meeting her at the airport with your bags packed?

This is what I imagine New York life is like. I guess seeing as you don't live in Paris you haven't concluded this wonderful journey.

• Upvote 5

Has it ever happened that you've gone to get in a yellow cab at the same time as a young woman, argued with each other about who was there first, realised your going the same way, shared the cab, both apologised for the argument stating neither of you were having a good day (her with her big fashion assignment due and you with that big project looming which you've lost the blueprints for), went your separate ways before realising that you'd picked up each other's iPhones, got back in touch to swap phones, flirted a little, left it a few days while your respective best friends have given you advice and explained the current rules of dating, went on a couple of dates before having some trouble balancing your heavy work schedules with dating, picked things up again before she announces that she's got to go to Paris to live for a year, said your goodbyes but then had a change of heart putting love before work and meeting her at the airport with your bags packed?

This is what I imagine New York life is like. I guess seeing as you don't live in Paris you haven't concluded this wonderful journey.

Someone should make a film of this.

Someone should make a film of this.

Kathryn Heigl: I'm moving to Paris

Ryan Reynolds: Paris, Illinois?! (he can be funny even in times of emotional stress you see)

Heigl: Paris, France. Look, you know that my job comes first and...

Reynolds: Mine too! But France?! I mean....God!

I'll get onto it once I've finished Loose Cannon.

• Upvote 2

You missed out the part where the taxi driver quips in after the girl gets out and he ends up becoming my loveable ethnic sidekick of questionable intelligence. He actually drove me to the airport so I could get the girl before she left by literally 'stepping on it'

Other than that ur spot on

• Upvote 1

Don't forget Ca-Gere's crazy bitch ex girlfriend who used to wear a fat suit, but is now a total sexbomb - albeit a crazy bitch. She gets in one of the many available cabs behind and give chase, while her drunk Eastern European cabbie quips about Mother Russia.

He used to be a nuclear engineer back in the motherland.