aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

How were the toilet facilities in this old croft?

Nae bad. When we had the cold spell I was afraid for my life as I didn't want to do a shit then have to have them come in with a big bowl of defrosted snow to flush it down with. Luckily they filled it up before I went in.

Apart from that and the odd spider making it's way in to the bathroom they were not bad.

When people take ages to finish their drink after you've decided to not get another round. You're in a group at a bar and decide to move on after the last drink then you're left standing with your coat on waiting for someone to neck their drink. And that person takes forever, sayin things like 'don't rush me' 'I can't down it'... Don't get a last drink if you can't finish it in a decent time!

• Upvote 1

To be fair i think most nights that have ended a little too messy for me are from downing drinks and drinking too fast.
This is all i needed to read until i realised i had absolutely no interested in reading the rest of your post. Which is actually unusual.

Someone's Halloween-ing as Sherlock Holmes this year.

This may seem like a random question, but do you stay in an old house? I used to live in a pretty old house and the WIFI was bloody useless because of thick stone walls. I overcame the problem by getting an additional router that I took from room to room.

I think my it was only built in the early 80s, so I don't think it's the walls. For some reason I can't get online even when I'm right next to the router. I think it's just haunted wifi.

I think my it was only built in the early 80s, so I don't think it's the walls. For some reason I can't get online even when I'm right next to the router. I think it's just haunted wifi.

It may be suffering from the faraday cage effect, and the metal structure of the building is affecting the wireless, RGU engineering building on Schoolhill suffers the same issue

It may be suffering from the faraday cage effect, and the metal structure of the building is affecting the wireless, RGU engineering building on Schoolhill suffers the same issue

It could be that, yeah. Seems bizarre that it's only affected in certain parts of the house, though...

Maybe something like this might help your internet problems.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ENOR3E?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

Not sure how good these ones are, but I know a few people who use similar items and are happy with them.

Ah cool, thanks, might see if I can scrounge one of these off of IT buds as that's a bit out of my price range right now.

You'd be surprised how tempramental wifi can be.

My work deals with hospital residents who have constant issues with the wifi, from getting signals from other blocks fine, but not the wifi router outside the flat, to losing signal when they move their laptop a millimeter. Unfortunately we just offer remote support which is completely crap for all involved and between the NHS trust and the comapny we do the support for, neither is willing to pay to get a hard-wired solution in place.

Maybe something like this might help your internet problems.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ENOR3E?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

Not sure how good these ones are, but I know a few people who use similar items and are happy with them.

I would strongly recommend these. They can be a bit temperamental (i.e don't work) in situations where it's a spur off ring mains though and not a continuous circuit.

Adverts for TV shows/films that use snippets of dialogue from the TV show/film to react to the voiceover.

Voiceover: "This week, a double bill of That Cunt Show"

Snippet: "Woah. That sounds amazing!"

Voiceover: "Back to back episodes exclusive to Channel so-and-so"

Snippet: "You cannot be serious?"

Voiceover: "Totes serious. So get it watched you big bastard"

Snippet: "But when on earth is this even happening??????"

Voiceover: "Tonight. Yeah. 10pm or something. Tune in, aye?"

Snippet: "Shit yeah. I can't wait to watch that television show that you're advertising"

Or something.

Don't do it. It's fucking gay.