aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I only iron if I'm going somewhere fancy. I only mop if there's something spilled that the hoover can't manage, like a liquid.

I'm happy enough to clean though. In fact, in my last flat I'd get up first, do the dishes, tidy up a bit and have breakfast before work. Then return, and do more dishes after supper.

I'm the only one in the flat who cleans. We have a cleaner who comes once a week, and she's told me that since I moved in, she has nothing to do. She watched tv yesterday... was not happy. Sadly, I was too tired to shout at her. We may have to speak to the landlord about her... there just isn't a need for a cleaner, and I'd rather have the reduction in rent in all honesty.

I see what you are saying but that is not her fault surely? Also pairing socks. Pointless. I reckon my dad has wasted several months off his life sitting there with a huge pile of socks pairing them together. This is an old hippy who now gets on at me for having odd socks! Who sees you in your socks except the people who dont give a fuck!?

I'm the only one in the flat who cleans. We have a cleaner who comes once a week, and she's told me that since I moved in, she has nothing to do. She watched tv yesterday... was not happy.

If there is nothing for her to do, what do you want her to do?

Sadly, I was too tired to shout at her. We may have to speak to the landlord about her... there just isn't a need for a cleaner, and I'd rather have the reduction in rent in all honesty.

Just stop cleaning! Let your cleaner get on with it. :)

Guest Gladstone

Na - fuck that. Socks have to match.

Also - I prefer to "do the ironing" rather than 1 shirt at a time. I only really iron my shirts for work and a few other bits and pieces, but having to iron a shirt in the morning before work is a pain in the arse. I'd rather they were all hanging up in my wardrobe ready to be chucked on in a hurry. Who said shirts get creased hanging up in your wardrobe further up? How the fuck are you hanging them up?

I don't iron any of my "casual" clothes though. I'm fine with creases any time I'm not at work. I didn't iron a thing for years when I was at uni.

Untidiness is my pet hate, which is probably another reason for wanting the shirts ironed and put away in the wardrobe, even though I really dislike ironing.

I only iron work clothes and the occasional ad-hoc item. But the work clothes I do in one go usually on a Sunday. It's a horrbile feeling looking at that ironing board and realising it's the sign of another weekend being over and the return to work is imminent.

I only iron work clothes and the occasional ad-hoc item. But the work clothes I do in one go usually on a Sunday. It's a horrbile feeling looking at that ironing board and realising it's the sign of another weekend being over and the return to work is imminent.

fuck that, it's better to do the ironing each morning 10mins before you have to get out the door, while eating your burnt toast

much less depressing

fuck that, it's better to do the ironing each morning 10mins before you have to get out the door, while eating your burnt toast

much less depressing

That would mean getting up 10 minutes earlier in the morning. Also, eat breakfast at work. Means even more time in bed.

My socks always match, because I bought about 20 pairs of the same kind of socks. They can't possibly be odd.

I like to have everything clean, but I'm rubbish at cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes after a big meal. I usually just have a food nap, or slob out until it's time for bed, then do them in the morning.

• Upvote 2

I have a lot of clothes, so it's not as if there's a couple of inches between each item, meaning they get creased. I'd rather the cleaner did shit that doesn't get done on a regular basis, like clean the doors, frames, windows etc... but this "isn't her job" apparently. So we are paying for a woman to come round and hoover, clean the kitchen worktops, the oven hobs and put a bit of duck toilet gel in the bog, once a week. She was that bored she generously washed the bath mats. Which I do on a weekly basis anyway.

It's true. Today is Friday. So everyone has been talking about great it is that it's Friday. Then we get two days off, which are apparently the two shortest days of the week. Repeat on every Friday until you are dead, or you run your own company where employees are forbidden to discuss anything to do with TGIF, or they get beheaded. Yeah, your company is so powerful, you can cut off heads. You're practically Henry VIII in this scenario.

I'm supposed to be watching an online streaming of a dvd that is released in a few weeks in order to write a review of it. It's a private streaming courtesy of the distributors that requires a username and password. There are four other dvds available using this username and password, which can only be used five times. I know other people are reviewing the other dvds under the same name and pass, so I basically just have one chance to view the one I'm doing and get the review written. That's not a problem until you factor in my appalling internet connection. I've had it open in my kitchen (the only place in my house I get a consistent internet connection) since around 8pm to let it run so I can watch it in the comfort of bed later and it's only about halfway loaded now.

I have no time to do it over this weekend so tonight's pretty much my only chance to get it done. I figured it'd be long over by now but it looks like there's no chance of me getting to sleep tonight despite being the most shattered I've felt in weeks and having to be up stupidly early tomorrow. I am such a pussy, I just want to cry!

[Apologies, the above isn't really a pet hate. I guess it could be shortened to SHIT WIFI and NO SLEEP]

You'll be talking about humpdays and how fast/slow the week is going in no time. Kill yourself now.

I've only heard you and Ron Swanson say humpday now. I'm slightly intrigued.

Fortunately, it's looking like my 9-5-er is gonna be pretty hands-on, so flannel shirts should be totally legit. Fuck you ironing.

[Apologies, the above isn't really a pet hate. I guess it could be shortened to SHIT WIFI and NO SLEEP]

This may seem like a random question, but do you stay in an old house? I used to live in a pretty old house and the WIFI was bloody useless because of thick stone walls. I overcame the problem by getting an additional router that I took from room to room.