aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I feel exhausted from doing absolutely nothing, strangely.

This. A pet hate for me is having nothing to do at work. Sure, I can grace the likes of here and facebook all day, but I come home more tired than if I had done a full day's labour.

It's horrible and what's worse is people are like "oh you can't moan you do fuck all at your work you've got it easy."

No. YOU'VE got it easy, with your hard work and your busy day. Fuck you.

• Upvote 2

The Student Union bar on Littlejohn Street was a pretty horrible job for that reason. We opened every day at 12 and most days wouldn't get our first customer until after 5. Looooong boring days. The boss used to have a go at me all the time if he came down and found me reading a book or watching tv. "why aren't you doing anything" he'd say. "there's only so many times I can mop the floor and clean the fridges boss" I'd say. So then he'd have me clean the fridges again. Tell you, that must have been the cleanest bar in Aberdeen, I spent 5 hours a day cleaning it.

The Student Union bar on Littlejohn Street was a pretty horrible job for that reason. We opened every day at 12 and most days wouldn't get our first customer until after 5. Looooong boring days. The boss used to have a go at me all the time if he came down and found me reading a book or watching tv. "why aren't you doing anything" he'd say. "there's only so many times I can mop the floor and clean the fridges boss" I'd say. So then he'd have me clean the fridges again. Tell you, that must have been the cleanest bar in Aberdeen, I spent 5 hours a day cleaning it.

I get all OCD in that type of situation. I'd have every bottle facing the correct direction, every table and chair perfectly square to the walls etc etc, just something to do to pass the time. Think the years of working offshore have broken me!

Same. I feel like I'm going to be sneered at for playing with my phone, but I've literally got fuck all to do. I handed in a 4 week notice before I started. Plenty of time to get a PC and a fob set up.

At my last job I was sometimes responsible for ensuring that all PC facilities, phones etc were in place ready for a new start under my supervision. Completing an IT Request Form in ample time was supposed to ensure this happened smoothly and yet even after completing and sending the form to the appropriate department, nine times out of ten said form would apparently be ignored, cue frantic and embarrassing Monday morning effort to get the facilities in place when the new employee turned up to an empty desk.

Such bollocks is one of the reasons why I'm happily back to being one of the plebs, getting paid more for less hassle.

• Upvote 2

Duncan Stuart? I worked for campus services for over 4 years you see. Some of the barmaids in there were totally hot.

(and I had sex with, like, 3 of them 'cause I'm a mad playa.)

Duncan Stuart? I worked for campus services for over 4 years you see. Some of the barmaids in there were totally hot.

Duncan Stuart, that is correct. There were very few hot barmaids when I worked there. A few of them were alright, I tried to get in about at least one of them but inevitably got knocked back due to my lack of good looks or personality. One of my colleagues was smashing loads of them though, the dirty rat. I did shag a customer a couple of weeks into the semester, which I was pretty pleased about, however she was kind of fat and it transpired that two of the other barmen had shagged her the week before, which kind of took the shine off it.

• Upvote 2

Duncan Stuart, that is correct. There were very few hot barmaids when I worked there. A few of them were alright, I tried to get in about at least one of them but inevitably got knocked back due to my lack of good looks or personality. One of my colleagues was smashing loads of them though, the dirty rat. I did shag a customer a couple of weeks into the semester, which I was pretty pleased about, however she was kind of fat and it transpired that two of the other barmen had shagged her the week before, which kind of took the shine off it.

Pure LAAAADS

• Upvote 1

Duncan's an idiot, but a loveable one.

Pure LAAAADS

I'm such a lad.

Generic tripe that people speak. at work before having to head outside;

"Damn, it's just started raining, oh well"

"where's your waterproof?"

"left it in my bag after my last shift and now it stinks, so left it at home to dry out"

"well who's fault is it that then."

I wasn't complaining or blaming anyone else. Why suddenly feel the need to talk down on me? Twat.

hold on, you were complaining. that first line is a total complaint. sucka.

Months have gone by, and after several calls to the Next payroll department, I STILL don't have my holiday pay from the cunts. I don't care if it's not that much, I'm still owe it. They diddled me out of a fair few hours after failing to explain that you don't get paid for any overtime unless you hit "query" instead of "confirm" for your clocking in/out hours.

That and my previous boss still hasn't got around to giving me my missing wage slip, my holiday pay and tips (I went without tips for 5 weeks to pay for a staff night out, and I'm fucked if I'm going to pay for them to get drunk). Fucking hell, does no-one know how to handle folks wages any more?

Nah. Getting aggro at chancers is ace. Being a chancer is cunty.

I've done the whole "There's a queue" a couple of times, and both times I just got a shrug or something unpleasant mumbled towards me, so now anyone who cuts in, unintentionally or not, is a chancer due a good, firm People's Elbow.

If ya smell...

• Upvote 1

Pet Hate: Self Service Checkouts ... they are shit ... please put your item in the Bag..... "Its already in the bag" .... please put your item in the Bag "ITS ALREADY IN THE FUKKIN BAG" ...aaaaaargh .... OK now you have to wait until a human checks it and ... so on ... FUKKING useless ... plus ...PLUS the robot teller's voices all grate and sound like Margaret Thatcher ... I fukking hate self checkouts