aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Waiting for a refund by cheque that just never arrives. They updated me 2 and a half weeks ago their cheque was on their desk ready to be signed and sent. 2 and a half weeks later, I get an email saying "Sorry for the delay. Will be sent shortly"

That's a fucking massively complicated signature if it's taken over a fortnight to jot down, bunch of fucking imbeciles. I changed from weekly to monthly pay recently, so ideally wanted my refund weeks ago to see me through the month. But no. Instead I've made my last weeks pay last 4 weeks, with still another week to go until I get paid. Grim.

The post not coming when it should. Hydro gas card was sent out last Monday. Still to arrive. Cold showers 'till it does. (No shower, using one of those tap shower head things.)

Gutted.

Use a kettle and alternate between boiling hot and freezing cold to get the perfect temperature.

The steam from the boiling water will also work wonders on clogged pores.

xx

Use a kettle and alternate between boiling hot and freezing cold to get the perfect temperature.

The steam from the boiling water will also work wonders on clogged pores.

xx

Burnt my fingers doing that when I was washing dishes. Don't want to chance burning my nads.

Plus I'd run up a fortune on electric boiling kettles all day.

This fucking horseshit response: Capital Punishment - Edinburgh's Underground Music Scene / hot water music - oran mor - 27th august

I fucking hate the internet sometimes.

The joys of "DIY" music, eh? So many jaded guys in their late 20s and early 30s trying to tell younger people what to do. I enjoy booking bands but these kind of people make the whole thing so off-putting.

For what it's worth, I know people get really fed up with these types of discussions, but I think it's healthy, even when it is for example David criticising our decision to do tickets - I disagree with him, I think we judged it just right, but if you don't have these debates then it's easy to get complacent. Refreshing the philosophical justification for what you do is healthy.

People genuinely complain about gig promoters doing tickets for a gig? I don't even know where to begin with that one.

First Scotrail.

Cancel every single train going south because the Tay Bridge is closed? How about actually attending to the needs of those going as far as Dundee? Their service becomes ever more laughable, slightest bit of bad weather and everything is cancelled. They cancelled all the buses as well, just to make sure their ineffectiveness was fully apparent. Taxi home from work. Luckily with so many other folk caught out the car share opportunities were sky high.

I thought trains were cancelled all over Scotland because the wind was mental? Trees were falling down and whatnot. I woudn't feel too safe on a train.

I do like how people are linking the wind storm and the reappearance of that Icelandic volcano as the rapture that was pencilled in for yesterday.