aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Bananas are the king of fruits. Someone said at work today that bananas release something in your brain that makes you feel happier when you eat them. Then a joke was made that I should eat a whole bunch. Guffaw.

Because you love phallic objects or because you are a miserable bastard?

I have found a solution to both problems. Banana flavoured condoms.

Bananas are great until you get one that appears OK but has gone black and disgusting in the centre and you only find out once you've bit a chunk off. Boak.

On the other hand it's ace when you have a banana that appears to be black and substandard on the outside but ends up being pure and white and perfect on the inside.

On the other hand it's ace when you have a banana that appears to be black and substandard on the outside but ends up being pure and white and perfect on the inside.

This happened to me the other day and it was the highlight of my day.

Pet Hate - a banana being edible being the highlight of some of my days.

I just don't agree with the idea that you're only allowed to be stressed if you're a single parent with a mortgage, kids and a poorly paid job, that's all. Believe it or not some students have jobs, and, get this, some want to do as well as they can! Imagine that!!

• Upvote 1

Well you're not, because i fucking say so, mm'kay!?

I don't understand how someone can be stressed under uni work alone. Would like to see them handle under a real job, mortgage and kids. That warrants stress. At least if you are working to pay your way and have uni work there is a reason. Students who have all the free time in the world to work towards their degrees and study have no excuse. I don't know where you sit in this Davidm and personally don't care. general statement is general.

Didn't you only manage one year of university?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, studying Mechanical Engineering and having piles of coursework combined by fast approaching - difficult - exams whilst having 2 part time jobs to afford rent, electricity, food, car insurance, tax, car maintenance, petrol etc. etc. isn't stressful at all come exam time/coursework submission time.

:up:

• Upvote 1

I think students who are just studying can be stressed. These are the ones who are trying there best and haven't brought it on themselves by going out every wednesday friday saturday sunday. They're allowed. Also students with jobs. But other students who are stressed come exam time every year are cunt nuggets.

Pet hate - Stuff going out of stock. Like Samsung Blu ray players. Which means I didn't get the deal with a 40" tv. Gutted. Settled for the same price for a 37" Toshiba with blu ray player.

Yeah, studying Mechanical Engineering and having piles of coursework combined by fast approaching - difficult - exams whilst having 2 part time jobs to afford rent, electricity, food, car insurance, tax, car maintenance, petrol etc. etc. isn't stressful at all come exam time/coursework submission time.

:up:

+1

Pretty much the point my tired brain was trying to make but put far better!

I'm a student, I don't have a job right now and I'm extremely stressed today. I have 3 exams between now and this time next week. I've worked my arse off during my time at uni and have done really well. But you never know how an exam is going to go no matter how prepared you are. And when it's your last ever uni exams, and the results have the potential to make or destroy your degree, I think the feeling of stress is more than justified.

• Upvote 1

Boo fucking hoo!

I went to university but I didn't realise there would be so much FUCKING WORK INVOLVED?!

Man the fuck up or leave. No one is forcing you to be there. If you want an education, do the work. Be stressed if you want, doesn't bother me. Just don't be one of these braindead wankers posting on their facebook all day about how they are 'NEVER GOING TO MANAGE TO FINISH THEIR THESIS OMG I'VE ONLY DONE 6 WORDS AND HAVE A BILLION LEFT TO DO I SUPPOSE I SHOULDN'T BE ON FACEBOOK HAHA LOL'. Then posting the next day about being pissed.

I believe these are the cunts John W was referring to. If you don't fall into this category, then you have no need to defend yourself. By doing so, you just make yourself out to be one of these cunts.

Just sayin'.

xx

this statement

Students who have all the free time in the world to work towards their degrees and study have no excuse.

is just wrong though. it's just generalising nonsense and implies that if you're a student you simply can't be stressed about anything.

but I guess I must be one of those cunts, seeing as I'm trying to argue the opposite point from John. I learned something new again.

Boo fucking hoo!

I went to university but I didn't realise there would be so much FUCKING WORK INVOLVED?!

Man the fuck up or leave. No one is forcing you to be there. If you want an education, do the work. Be stressed if you want, doesn't bother me. Just don't be one of these braindead wankers posting on their facebook all day about how they are 'NEVER GOING TO MANAGE TO FINISH THEIR THESIS OMG I'VE ONLY DONE 6 WORDS AND HAVE A BILLION LEFT TO DO I SUPPOSE I SHOULDN'T BE ON FACEBOOK HAHA LOL'. Then posting the next day about being pissed.

I believe these are the cunts John W was referring to. If you don't fall into this category, then you have no need to defend yourself. By doing so, you just make yourself out to be one of these cunts.

Just sayin'.

xx

FUCKIN' BOOM.

Pet Hate - People quoting people and not adding anything to the discussion.

FUCKIN' BOOM.

Pet Hate - People quoting people and not adding anything to the discussion.

What?

All I'm trying to say is that John's initial statement was pretty poorly worded and that students not all students are the same. If anything saying "Man the fuck up" isn't really adding anything to any discussion.

Also, saying "no-one is forcing you to be there" doesn't really count as a good argument; it implies that myself and any other students can't be stressed because we made this choice to go to university. Depending on what marks I get this term, I might be moving city in less than five months, or I might be beginning a proper job hunt in a few weeks. So this term is pretty fucking important to me. What I do for the rest of this year and onwards depends on a piece of work I hand in today that I have been working on for the past few months.

So please don't tell me I'm not allowed to be stressed about it, because it's pretty ignorant.

• Upvote 1

Be stressed if you want, doesn't bother me. Just don't be one of these braindead wankers posting on their facebook all day...

xx

So please don't tell me I'm not allowed to be stressed about it, because it's pretty ignorant.

You appear to have misinterpreted me. I was stressed while I was at uni. I know in retrospect that uni wasn't that stressful but at the time I was pulling my hair out. The point that I'm making is if you're stressed, work hard. The pet hate here is people making such an enormous show of being stressed, irritating the fuck out of me (and John W from what I gather) with their complaining, while making absolutely no effort in their course.

This is directed entirely at the student contingent on my facebook feed and is in no way intended as a dig at you. If, however, you are one of those people who posts daily about the hardships of student life let me tell you on behalf of your facebook feed that noone gives a fuck.

Uni is hard, I get that. Uni is also important, your actions can have pretty substantial consequences on your career. But all students need to be aware that no one in the world gives a fuck what their word count is except themselves. They also need to be aware that, just like when you're in first year the work you're doing seems difficult but by third year you realise that first year was a walk in the park, although you find uni stressful now by the time you've been in the 'real world' (I fucking hate that patronising bastard of a phrase, but I'm being a bit of a patronising cunt, so fuck it) for a couple of years your stress tolerance will be re-calibrated and you'll wonder what the fuck you were so stressed about back then.

xx

[/pretentious, patronising cunt]

• Upvote 1

What?

All I'm trying to say is that John's initial statement was pretty poorly worded and that students not all students are the same. If anything saying "Man the fuck up" isn't really adding anything to any discussion.

Also, saying "no-one is forcing you to be there" doesn't really count as a good argument; it implies that myself and any other students can't be stressed because we made this choice to go to university. Depending on what marks I get this term, I might be moving city in less than five months, or I might be beginning a proper job hunt in a few weeks. So this term is pretty fucking important to me. What I do for the rest of this year and onwards depends on a piece of work I hand in today that I have been working on for the past few months.

No one said you weren't. Everyone is agreeing that John's statement was badly worded. We're saying the ones who think Uni will be a breeze and fanny about all year and say they're stressed when they've fucked up is their own fault. People who work hard and stress out are perfectly in their right to be stressed out. No one said "davidm isn't allowed to be stressed because he's a student". We're saying Student Cunts aren't allowed to be stressed. There's a difference between a Student Cunt and a student. I'm assuming you're a hardworking Student.