aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

cyclist are too fit these days, if they were all like me they'd be stopping at every red light to get their breath back!

today's pet hate: people getting on the bus and deciding to stand right at the door when, 1. there are a number of single seats available just they dont want to sit next to someone and 2. there is a proper standing area further up the bus, not right in the boodly door! /radge

Guest Gladstone
I took my bike out yesterday for the first time in about a year, went up to the Gramps on it, fucking almost killed me. Ace for mountain biking on but holy fuck that shit is steep!

Same here - but I cycled up Mormond Hill. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but my legs are absolutely fucked today.

Are your fucked knees okay on the bike?

I'd rather every cyclist in Aberdeen skipped red lights if it stopped grown men wobbling all over the pavements on their mountain bikes.

I'd rather they paid attention to the rules of the road. The amount of times I've nearly been knocked over because some stupid fuck hasn't paid attention to the traffic signals or not used LIGHTS/REFLECTORS WHEN IT'S DARK is more fingers that I have.

I respect cyclists as a pedestrian but when they flout the rules then I believe I'm allowed to murder them to death?

Same here - but I cycled up Mormond Hill. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but my legs are absolutely fucked today.

Are your fucked knees okay on the bike?

Aye. I thought it would ruin them but I'm actually OK today which is good news, means there's a type of excerise I can actually do and not end up crippled! Holy fuck am I unfit though. I had to get off and push a few times!

Guest Gladstone
Aye. I thought it would ruin them but I'm actually OK today which is good news, means there's a type of excerise I can actually do and not end up crippled! Holy fuck am I unfit though. I had to get off and push a few times!

My first exercise for over a month and my legs are feeling it today! I didn't manage to cycle right up - got a fair way there though and pushed the last wee bit. Coming down was fucking mental though!!

Cycling is by far my favourite form of "boring" exercise. Running is shit and swimming is expensive! I wish it would be fine weather like that every weekend!

I'm sure I've mentioned the cyclists going through red lights thing several times in this thread. Haven't had so many cyclist pet hates recently, though that's probably due to me moving to the top of a steep as fuck hill.

I loathe cyclists for this. Also the ones who come up to a red light, mount the pavement, cross with the green man, then pop off the pavement back onto the road.

Your either on the road or pavement....not both!!! Douchebags!

I loathe cyclists for this. Also the ones who come up to a red light, mount the pavement, cross with the green man, then pop off the pavement back onto the road.

Your either on the road or pavement....not both!!! Douchebags!

Wrong. The correct answer is 'always on the road'.

As much as I tire of the Daily Mail style ranting on this topic, it's nice to see so many people paying attention to cyclists in Aberdeen. As a regular rider, I feel genuinely safer in the knowledge that you're not all too busy fucking with your car stereos/trouser flies or ogling hot girls across the street to notice me.

I hate cycling on the pavement for getting the way of folk and i hate cycling on the road for drivers giving me bowel movements every time they roar past me. When i go back to college in august i'm going to be cycling along the north deeside road until milltimber and then moving down onto the deeside way. worst of both worlds.

o_O

Why not just cycle on the Deeside Way for the whole journey? Also you appear to be cycling on the main road on the section that doesn't have a cycle lane. Surely it would make more sense to do it the other way around?

If i go the deeside way the whole way i need to deal with offroad sections, shit paths that are just barely able for a bike to cycle on and really slow.

Apart from a tiny section at Culter the whole of the deeside way is easy to cycle.

I just figure most people would want to use a path rather than take their chances with half asleep drivers on blind corners first thing in the morning.

Is there a quick way of getting down to the deeside way as soon as you reach peterculter?

Yeah, turn right at Mace and zoom down the hill to where the train station used to be. If you get to the village hall you've gone a bit too far. You can't really miss it though.

Yeah, if you are in Peterculter on North Deeside Road, you want to go down the road that runs behind Jumbos (Fish & Chip place). This takes you onto Station Road West. Follow that along until you pass the opening for Station Road South (on your right). As you follow the road round and slightly uphill to the left, you'll see another opening on the right which takes you to the St. Peters Church. The railway line starts again there. :)

Squeaky trainers. I sound ridiculous walking around the office today.

Also uncontrollable giggles. I was in a team meeting earlier and kind of deliberately misheard something a colleague said so that it was a bit rude. Unfortunately my boss chose that time to ask me a question which I was too busy trying to stop giggling to answer.

Squeaky trainers. I sound ridiculous walking around the office today.

*chuckle*

A real 'pet hate' that one.

I'd also like to add those metal clicky things people who wear suits put on the bottom of their shoes. How annoying. Cheggers used to wear them on the big breakfast when he jogged round foggy council estates, the sound used to go right through me.