aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Well, I'm playing a gig there on Saturday, so hopefully all will go to plan!

Also:

- non-Old Firm fans who believe there is a conspiracy to pick players only if they play for the Old Firm and that the Scotland manager discriminates against their club. Obviously my own example is from Aberdeen fans, but I'm pretty sure other fans will do it as well. It's just really funny. And, no, I'm not a Rangers or Celtic fan. Nowhere close to it.

- People who don't use punctuation properly, particularly not putting full stops at the end of sentences. Depends on the situation. I have really low standards when it comes to Facebook, message boards etc.

- Usage of the word 'yr'. No idea and no logical explanation why it bugs me, but it does. Sonic Youth made it cool

- The belief that you have to say thanks to a bus driver when he/she drops you off. Why do they deserve a round of applause for doing their job but no-one else does?

- The fact that some bands are considered sacred cows and if you say anything negative about them then you're a horrible cynical bastard. Annoying when someone just refuses to accept your opinion

- 97% of my colleagues at work. Just the most minute things will get me annoyed for hours. You should hear what they say about you

- The fact that I get so annoyed by such minute things. Hmm, it doesn't really bother me that you get so annoyed by these things

- Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm being considered to be an asshole when, let's be honest here, he's usually right. Hmm, sometimes. However the show wouldn't be worth watching if he always got his way, would it.

- Being called miserable earlier this year because I didn't laugh at Gary: Tank Commander or Come Fly With Me. Two of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to witness. I'd call them an insult to television shows, but then I'd be afraid of insulting the people who thought up the idea for Celebrity Love Island. Never heard of these......stop being miserable

- Liverpool fans. Some of the most deluded football fans there are, and I'd class the large majority of them as being terrible examples of the human race. No arguments here, this forms the basis of a large percentage of my posts in the footie thread

- The men who were sitting on the table opposite my girlfriend and I on the train to Glasgow on Friday evening. Two stereotypical suit-wearing, perma-tanned fucknuts who would not stop talking about their jobs with a ridiculously elevated sense of pride. Made me despair. When do you decide to lose your soul and become one of these people? just laugh at them

- Mogwai. never heard them but there has been too much talk about that gig lately. People shouldn't talk about things that don't involve me

- Aberdeen fans. can be dicks, but so can all football fans

- Celtic fans and their belief that there is a conspiracy against them orchestrated by the SPL. and some can do it better than others

- The lack of a music venue in Aberdeen that holds 80 people at most. It is so direly needed and things will never improve unless one is to open. doesn't really affect me

• Upvote 1

- Being called miserable earlier this year because I didn't laugh at Gary: Tank Commander or Come Fly With Me. Two of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to witness. I'd call them an insult to television shows, but then I'd be afraid of insulting the people who thought up the idea for Celebrity Love Island.

Yeah I apparently "hate fun and happiness" because I don't like Michael McIntyre or Gary Tank Commander. And I refuse to watch Love Actually.

"12?! You're nae feart are ye?"

Nae feart of what exactly? Are you going to punch me in the face for charging the price that's marked on the CD?

I work at a petrol station so get this all the time. It isn't as if petrol pumps have a row of ?'s on them so it's a mystery how much it's going to cost. No, I am not afraid of asking you for money which you need to give me for products you have taken, now just pay for your stuff and wheesht. The other one which annoys me just now is people who have a moan to me about petrol prices, I agree that it is stupidly expensive, but most people don't seem to understand that about 75% of the price of fuel is pure tax, they are adamant that I am lining my pockets.

I work at a petrol station so get this all the time. It isn't as if petrol pumps have a row of ?'s on them so it's a mystery how much it's going to cost. No, I am not afraid of asking you for money which you need to give me for products you have taken, now just pay for your stuff and wheesht. The other one which annoys me just now is people who have a moan to me about petrol prices, I agree that it is stupidly expensive, but most people don't seem to understand that about 75% of the price of fuel is pure tax, they are adamant that I am lining my pockets.

I used to get this sorta of shit all the time at my old work. Someone once went "What!? Well I don't have that much on me." As if I was going to give her free stuff 'cause she was too skint. Fuck off. Get a better paying job or shop somewhere cheaper. Oh, you came in here because you forgot to buy from asda or it's easier? Stop moaning then. You're fault you have to pay more. Not mine.

It's annoying when you go in to a shop with a bit of change, and you see something on offer at which you can afford, then it gets put through the till and it's scanned at the full price, and you have to feel cheap by explaining there's an offer so you get 30p off or something, or it's BOGOF.

The Nisa shop in Tilly do this all the time, probably hoping you'll just ignore it if you buy loads of stuff. Fuck those chancers.

It's annoying when you go in to a shop with a bit of change, and you see something on offer at which you can afford, then it gets put through the till and it's scanned at the full price, and you have to feel cheap by explaining there's an offer so you get 30p off or something, or it's BOGOF.

The Nisa shop in Tilly do this all the time, probably hoping you'll just ignore it if you buy loads of stuff. Fuck those chancers.

I end up just paying full price, usually because it's my fault for misunderstanding the offer etc, I also avoid the embarassment of looking like/being a cheapskate.

My old local shop was terrible for short changing you. You had to check your change every time you left the shop, which most people don't do, especially if you're mid-yap with the very friendly shopkeeper. He knew fine he was at it as well because if you ever pulled him up for it he'd just give you the difference straight away, no questions.

When I worked in morrisons and marks and spencer I heard all of them, you're nae feart!? You'll be wanting my house keys next! The worst one was "just like that" drove me fucking insane hearing that from 90% of customers no matter what they were buying or much it costs. I just hate people though, ill never be happy, even when people are trying to be nice it fucks me off for whatever reason I can find.

On that note! My pet hate today is drummers who sacrifice good technique for hitting the tubs harder/appearance/etc. The drummer I'm playing with right now is great and doesn't do these things, putting pretty much but one of my old band mates to shame.

Need to hit hard though. I played with a drummer in many bands back in Leeds, and he was technically incredible, but he was just so soft. His timing was impeccable, but the sound of the snare just didn't sound convincing. There's a few recordings where it just sounds so slack and half arsed. He should be smashing the fuck out of it.