aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The fact First bus have pulled a shedload of night bus services - Kincorth and Garthdee being one so that's me now stranded on a taxi rank for the foreseeable future on nights out from now on! So mad. Yet they have the brass neck to put on a number 3 bus to Cove only, which doesn't even stop at Torry... what's the point? It could just go through Kincorth like it bloody used to! First Bus in particular boil my blood. Rock on getting my car through to Aberdeen... only problem, can't drink and drive.

Formatting a memory card in the mistaken belief that you'd already copied the contents onto your laptop. no amount of swearing can bring it back apparently.

You should be able to recover the files though surely? I did that fairly recently and just downloaded a recovery thing which did the trick. I think it might have been this one -

Memory Card Recovery Software to Recover Lost Photos - CardRecovery

but I'll need to fire up the laptop to check as I did it on there. Do you have a card reader?

To be fair some people doing it for the first time are just fucking stupid. A girl i know, aged 17 rolled her 08 clio yesterday, friend in car because she didn't realise how much she had to compensate for apparently. Fucking idiot, instead of logically taking it really easy and building up to see how much headroom she had with snow, she just ploughed on out. But she is unharmed and mummy and daddy are buying her a new car. safe to say she will learn nothing from the experience.

Her parents are tools too for letting her out in such extreme snow, i hate the whole, it's snowing, so the world is ending attitude, but the snow is a little bit extreme right now to be letting pretty much learner drivers out on the own.

Yeah I agree, I passed my driving test at the start of the month. My car is 54 miles away back home and I'm not even allowed it through to Aberdeen til I'm confident to drive it on my own and til the weather is better. Annoying, yes but there's no way in hell that I would go out in snow like that. Just totally terrifies me as I think I'd know for sure that I would be one of those drivers who would crash. I'll leave it to the professionals for now!

Exactly. I hate people complaining about others driving in bad weather. When no one can be Schumacher. And most of the people who think they are, aren't.

I not saying I'm an expert at all. I'm also not talking about rally driving standards. All I'm saying is stay of the roads if you can't simply drive in a straight line along a road. People go out in the snow and pussy foot about, stopping on hills and trying to get started again. Nightmare! If you need to go up the hill just do it, don't dilly dally about wheel spinning and getting stuck so no one else can get up. I understand that at times this is hard to do and people will get stuck, but it seems that even a light sprinkling of snow stops traffic these days. It might be the flat low profile tyres on the newer cars, I don't know.

To be fair some people doing it for the first time are just fucking stupid. A girl i know, aged 17 rolled her 08 clio yesterday, friend in car because she didn't realise how much she had to compensate for apparently. Fucking idiot, instead of logically taking it really easy and building up to see how much headroom she had with snow, she just ploughed on out. But she is unharmed and mummy and daddy are buying her a new car. safe to say she will learn nothing from the experience.

Her parents are tools too for letting her out in such extreme snow, i hate the whole, it's snowing, so the world is ending attitude, but the snow is a little bit extreme right now to be letting pretty much learner drivers out on the own.

Common Sense is really a dying artform. I've never driven a car before.. Well I went forward in first gear when I was 14, then slammed the breaks on. But it seems a lot of these folk passing don't know the first thing about common sense. And I'd say it's pretty important when driving.

I hate folk that are spoiled by mummy and daddy. Another pet hate. Especially when you see it in bands.

I not saying I'm an expert at all. I'm also not talking about rally driving standards. All I'm saying is stay of the roads if you can't simply drive in a straight line along a road. People go out in the snow and pussy foot about, stopping on hills and trying to get started again. Nightmare! If you need to go up the hill just do it, don't dilly dally about wheel spinning and getting stuck so no one else can get up. I understand that at times this is hard to do and people will get stuck, but it seems that even a light sprinkling of snow stops traffic these days. It might be the flat low profile tyres on the newer cars, I don't know.

I'm thinking the tyres having something to do with my Fiesta not liking the snow. My 5 year old Punto was fine last winter by my new Fiesta doesn't like even a little bit! Kinda frustrating!

I'm with you on the hill thing. Just keep going at a steady pace rather than stop/start.

I'd rather avoid driving in the snow which is why I'm taking the train to work tomorrow since the snow in the Falkirk area is worse than in Glasgow.

I'm thinking the tyres having something to do with my Fiesta not liking the snow. My 5 year old Punto was fine last winter by my new Fiesta doesn't like even a little bit! Kinda frustrating!

I'm with you on the hill thing. Just keep going at a steady pace rather than stop/start.

I'd rather avoid driving in the snow which is why I'm taking the train to work tomorrow since the snow in the Falkirk area is worse than in Glasgow.

Yeah good luck with that. Scotrail seem unable to keep trains running on time or even at all at the merest hint of snow.

I'll tell you what fucks my arse, day in and day out...People who wait until the bus has arrived THEN counting their ones and twos.

I fucking despise this. And the people that do it. Ok I have a bus pass, so I just whap it oot. But even when I didn't I always made sure the right amount was out my wallet and in my front pocket ready to give to the driver.

"The buses are always late! I've waited here for ages! Oh here it is. I better get my purse out and rummage through all my shillings!". Old bints.