aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My son was a master system & mega-drive user, so I got roped in to play those. I just liked the oldster games like worms, micro-machines, Herzog ll and that motorbike one where you smacked your opponents with chains. I was never a fan of Sonic etc

Sadly I did like the Mickey Mouse 'Castle of Illusion' etc ones :(

Still...pet hate would be all of these nintendo, playstation etc things...buy a fitba' or go out on a bike for fuck's sake!

Guest idol_wild

A new pet hate: when somebody asks my advice about spelling a word (in this instance: 'supersede'), but won't actually believe me. Now, given my previous job, this was a word I came across on an almost daily basis. I have also seen the word spelled as 'supercede', so I knew both were acceptable, and I explained this.

But she still proceeded to look up a dictionary, realised I was correct, and then claimed that neither of the spellings I gave her "looked right".

What the actual fuck?

It doesn't matter if it fucking looks right, you plumb, it is fucking right! She then spent approximately five minutes debating it with other staff members, panicking because "it just doesn't look right". Think about that for a second - literally five whole minutes! Discussing something that doesn't even require discussion.

I'll fucking supersede you, you fucking cunt.

A new pet hate: when somebody asks my advice about spelling a word (in this instance: 'supersede'), but won't actually believe me. Now, given my previous job, this was a word I came across on an almost daily basis. I have also seen the word spelled as 'supercede', so I knew both were acceptable, and I explained this.

But she still proceeded to look up a dictionary, realised I was correct, and then claimed that neither of the spellings I gave her "looked right".

What the actual fuck?

It doesn't matter if it fucking looks right, you plumb, it is fucking right! She then spent approximately five minutes debating it with other staff members, panicking because "it just doesn't look right". Think about that for a second - literally five whole minutes! Discussing something that doesn't even require discussion.

I'll fucking supersede you, you fucking cunt.

Excellent rant - couldn't agree more.

Reminds me of a 15 minute argument I once had with a former boss about which was correct out of "spelled" and "spelt". I don't even remember which side I was on anymore but it turned out that both are acceptable.

CS, B.

People that are shit at English fuck me off. For 5 years I've had to put up with this...

Every time this guy is referring to something he's purchased, he says "Oh yeah, I brought one of those off eBay."

No. No. No.

It's fucking bought. You BOUGHT it. It's the past tense of BUY. Not BROUGHT, which is the past tense of BRING. You don't BRING things off EBAY. You BUY them. Hence, you BOUGHT it. Get it fucking right.

Whenever I correct him he says "whatever" and acts like I'm being the cunt. Honestly says "It's not a big deal". Yes. Yes it fucking is. You sound like a 'tard.

Same guy, whenever he's referring to downloading torrents, he says "tolerant".

WHERE THE FUCKING FUCK DID THE L COME FROM? WHY ARE YOU GOING THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF ADDING IN AN ENTIRE EXTRA SYLLABLE AND LETTER TO A WORD THAT HASN'T GOT A FUCKING WHIFF OF AN L ANYWHERE NEAR IT?

Once again, whenever I correct him he says "whatever" and acts like I'm being the cunt. Honestly says "It's not a big deal". Yes. Yes it fucking is. You sound like a 'tard.

Guest idol_wild
People that are shit at English fuck me off. For 5 years I've had to put up with this...

Every time this guy is referring to something he's purchased, he says "Oh yeah, I brought one of those off eBay."

No. No. No.

It's fucking bought. You BOUGHT it. It's the past tense of BUY. Not BROUGHT, which is the past tense of BRING. You don't BRING things off EBAY. You BUY them. Hence, you BOUGHT it. Get it fucking right.

Whenever I correct him he says "whatever" and acts like I'm being the cunt. Honestly says "It's not a big deal". Yes. Yes it fucking is. You sound like a 'tard.

Same guy, whenever he's referring to downloading torrents, he says "tolerant".

WHERE THE FUCKING FUCK DID THE L COME FROM? WHY ARE YOU GOING THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF ADDING IN AN ENTIRE EXTRA SYLLABLE AND LETTER TO A WORD THAT HASN'T GOT A FUCKING WHIFF OF AN L ANYWHERE NEAR IT?

Once again, whenever I correct him he says "whatever" and acts like I'm being the cunt. Honestly says "It's not a big deal". Yes. Yes it fucking is. You sound like a 'tard.

This is a brilliant rant. I would like to jizz reputation all over it, and then rub it in. But the Gods won't allow me.

haha! nah man...

it's a band from Turriff (of all crap places..) all they've done is put out one EP, made one sort of t-shirt, and won a battle of the bands (can't remember which one.)

All the money at that time, was agreed to go towards studio time (understandable..), which in turn led to the EP being of a decent(ish) quality.

I just personally think it's a prickish move to try and get money out of a band that has next to nothing financially...

turriff is the crap place that i hail from, what band be that?

You know, I'm certain this "sandwich" thing has been covered before. Hmmmmm......

I sometimes hear "Sangwich". Which is just as unpleasant on the ear.

Sandwich is a really funny word, all things considered.

:laughing: bastard.

Want to hear my all time pet hate? One that I yell at my girlfriend for at least once a day, and usually somebody at work as well.

People mispronouncing the word "sandwich". EVERYBODY does it, all over Britain, be it mates, family, or people off the telly, everybody says "samwidge".

There's no "M" in sandwich.

There's no "G" in sandwich.

It's fucking SANDWICH!

Sand. Witch. That's the easy way. Not Sam. Widge. That's the wrong way.

Now are we all clear on how to pronounce sandwich?

I have never understood the mispronounciation of that word. I pronounce it sand-witch. It's not that fucking difficult.

I can't do it either.

On the previous subject of sandwiches, I despise people who ask for "sangers".

Or "sarnie"

Fucking hate that.

Sammich is probably a thousand times worse than Sangwidge.
People who pronounce the word sandwich as "sangwich".

Just heard some stupid bint say sangwich in the lift and it was all I could do to stop myself saying "IT'S FUCKING SANDWICH." But then I would have got sacked, so I composed myself.

Also there's no "M". It's not a samwidge. It's a sandwich.
I know this one has been mentioned before in this thread, but there is no "G" in "sandwich".

FUCK SAKE.

On the subject of sandwiches - and listen up, Weegies - a sandwich is called a 'sanDwich'.

Not a 'sangwidge', you fucking cretins.

Oh yeah, weejie's that head me say "chipper" and go

"you mean a chippie?"

"no. chipper"

"naw. it's a chippie"

"well I'm from Aberdeen, and we say chipper."

"naw. It's a chippie. chippers no a wurrd"

It's slang, fucktard. What you going to do, tell me I can't say "fooz it gan" or "fit's the dee" as well?

Fuck off, cunt.

I noticed on X Factor the other night that Dermot O'Leary calls it the "pub-uh-lic vote" o_O Given it's supposedly all about the pub-uh-lic vote you'd think they'd coach him to get it right.

While I'm at it, I dislike that I'm seeing "off of" instead of "from" more often and in more official things. Whenever I see, for example, "take that off of her" written down I get quite animated.

Oh yeah, weejie's that head me say "chipper" and go

"you mean a chippie?"

"no. chipper"

"naw. it's a chippie"

"well I'm from Aberdeen, and we say chipper."

"naw. It's a chippie. chippers no a wurrd"

It's slang, fucktard. What you going to do, tell me I can't say "fooz it gan" or "fit's the dee" as well?

Fuck off, cunt.

This is perfectly fine. They make chips, ergo they are a chipper.

Sandwich is a stupid word. I do love Sandwiches though. Infact, all Carbohydrates.

There's nothing quite like a Spaghetti Bolognese sandwich, to get a weeks worth of carbs inside you. I've not done it since I was a teenager mind.

Oh, and I call it the Fish Shop, since Chippie's where I grew only served Fish, Chips, Scampi and Battered Sausage. Occasionally you'd even have to specially order the latter two. You only went to the Fish Shop if you wanted Fish and Chips, and not a Cheese and Ham baguette or a White Chocolate Magnum.

The worst one is 'should of'. Drives me f mental.

People in the NE saying 'chippie' is ridiculous. I have a friend who's in the army and came back from England saying he was 'off to get a chippie'.

I hope he gets bummed by Afghani rebels, the clueless cunt.

Sammich is absolutely fine, but sangwich isn't.

Sammich reminds me of that shite sitcom, Two Guys and a Girl, with that cunt Ryan Reynolds in it, being some sort of Adam Sandler-lite, but shitter, if that's even possible. He's use the word 'sammich' alot. Cunt. That word has been completely cunternised. But it's no loss. It was cunty to begin with. It just upped in cuntiness.

The word cunt is fucking great.

Never mind sammich, Americans calling a burger a sandwich is insane. How would I like my sandwich? I don't know, I'm sure as hell not going to cut it in half like my American friend here seems to be attempting. Have you all gone mad and you need a British person to show you how to eat your own food? Don't pile it up like that if you can't get your mouths round it :rolleyes:

This is perfectly fine. They make chips, ergo they are a chipper.
thank you. I like you.
There's nothing quite like a Spaghetti Bolognese sandwich, to get a weeks worth of carbs inside you. I've not done it since I was a teenager mind.
Spag Bol toasties = win.
fan-cunting-tastic it is.

Sammich reminds me of that shite sitcom, Two Guys and a Girl, with that cunt Ryan Reynolds in it, being some sort of Adam Sandler-lite, but shitter, if that's even possible. He's use the word 'sammich' alot. Cunt. That word has been completely cunternised. But it's no loss. It was cunty to begin with. It just upped in cuntiness.

Woah, woah, woah. Lay off the Ryan Reynolds hating, the man's a god.