aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Some bitch in a lecture who just does not know how to take notes properly or touch type. She types every... single... word... including what is put up on the slides. She doesn't know how to touch type either so all you hear is really loud tapping, especially between slides when she goes back and corrects her spelling. She's got really odd thumbs too.

I'm not the only one who has noticed her mutant like thumbs and inability to take relevant notes.

(aw boo hoo, it's another unreasonable Slutbags moan)

Some bitch in a lecture who just does not know how to take notes properly or touch type. She types every... single... word... including what is put up on the slides. She doesn't know how to touch type either so all you hear is really loud tapping, especially between slides when she goes back and corrects her spelling. She's got really odd thumbs too.

I'm not the only one who has noticed her mutant like thumbs and inability to take relevant notes.

At least you can't moan about Costa now :p

Guest idol_wild

Fucking hell - people use digital devices to take lecture notes now? Are we beyond paper and pens now? How the fuck did that happen? Did I miss that memo?

I want fucking answers.

Idiotic Facebook panic.

Police

have advised ALL PARENTS, Please don't enter your baby into the NEXT

Baby competition on facebook or any other networking site.It has nothing

to do with NEXT it has been set up by a peodophile ring!! please COPY

AND PASTE! It aint a joke or a random broadcast

LoL. And later from the same person:

MUMS BE WARNED..... If u get something asking u to post ur kids name date and time of birth PLEASE DON'T DO IT. It's a sicko trying to steal your childs identity. It happened last year and now it's returned. Please repost this & warn other mum's and kids safe!!!!

Lol! And oh my god. Same person.

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!Do NOT join the group currently on Facebook with the title "Becoming a Father or Mother was the greatest gift of my life" It is a group of Pedophiles trying to access your photos. This was on FoxNews at 5. Please copy and post!!! Let's keep our children safe!!...(Please take a ...minute to copy & paste)

Why am I friends with this person.

EDIT - not any more. That was easy.

I guess my Pet Hate is overprotective parents thinking that everybody is plotting some evil plan to fuck their kids. Like "I can't let my kids go out and play in the park by themselves, there's too many weirdos around" etc. Well I went out and played in the park by myself when I was a kid and I never got bummed, or had someone try to take photos of my cock and balls.

Guest idol_wild
There was an old guy that used to hang about the park and watch us play and push us on the swings. In the 80s he was just a kind, lonely old man who liked kids, nowadays he'd probably get lynched.

Aye, David Lynched. Where he'd depict the lonely old man crying every night because his willy fired blanks and he yearns to have a child...

...to touch in a sexual manner.

How needlessly complicated it's been getting my passport renewed. Got delivered to the wrong adress and now that i have it i can see it was somehow spoiled in the printing process and can't be used. I bet I'll have to pay again too.

Right well this has happened again. Basically the picture is dodgy. I took the passport into the consulate, showed the lady and she said it was a 'borderline' case i.e. she couldn't guarantee whether the passport would be accepted by border control. So I reapplied, submitted a different photograph and today I've gotten another fucked up passport in the post. It's the photo that is overexposed or something. You can hardly make out the face. The consulate won't pick up the phone or reply to emails, tomorrow is a holiday and I'm moving to the states in two weeks. It's illegal to use a british passport to get into the county if you have an american one so that's out of the question. I could really be done without this hassle. I hope this is not an indicator of the ineptitude of US govt agencies because if so, I'm in for a long ride.

From this, being given incorrect/vague information has emerged as a pet hate so post still relevant.

Right well this has happened again. Basically the picture is dodgy. I took the passport into the consulate, showed the lady and she said it was a 'borderline' case i.e. she couldn't guarantee whether the passport would be accepted by border control. So I reapplied, submitted a different photograph and today I've gotten another fucked up passport in the post. It's the photo that is overexposed or something. You can hardly make out the face. The consulate won't pick up the phone or reply to emails, tomorrow is a holiday and I'm moving to the states in two weeks. It's illegal to use a british passport to get into the county if you have an american one so that's out of the question. I could really be done without this hassle. I hope this is not an indicator of the ineptitude of US govt agencies because if so, I'm in for a long ride.

From this, being given incorrect/vague information has emerged as a pet hate so post still relevant.

So wait... you're applying for an American passport from an American embassy?

I didn't have any problems with them getting my visa for my green card, except for the metropolitan police freely admitting there was no chance of them getting a full disclosure of my criminal record to me within the legal time limit what with the football being on and everything :swearing:

Oh and I lost my inoculation certificate so I had to get the MMR jab twice in two months.

So wait... you're applying for an American passport from an American embassy?

I didn't have any problems with them getting my visa for my green card, except for the metropolitan police freely admitting there was no chance of them getting a full disclosure of my criminal record to me within the legal time limit what with the football being on and everything :swearing:

Oh and I lost my inoculation certificate so I had to get the MMR jab twice in two months.

Yep, my dad's a yank but I was born here so never had a passport. It was supposed to be easy but this is ridiculous! I'm gonna just have to rock up to papssport control and hope they accept it because nobody seems to be able to tell me if they will or not and I seemingly have to just keep reapplying untill they get it right.

That's cause you're the weirdo.

Nah, it's 'cause he was an ugly kid.

Anyway, today's pet hate:

C_71_article_1002687_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Bloody students

Do they really need to smash stuff up? They just had some posh git on News 24 wearing a purple Lyle and Scott jumper. Not a great image when you're going on about how skint all students are.

I guess my Pet Hate is overprotective parents thinking that everybody is plotting some evil plan to fuck their kids. Like "I can't let my kids go out and play in the park by themselves, there's too many weirdos around" etc. Well I went out and played in the park by myself when I was a kid and I never got bummed, or had someone try to take photos of my cock and balls.

Yep, my dad's a yank but I was born here so never had a passport. It was supposed to be easy but this is ridiculous! I'm gonna just have to rock up to papssport control and hope they accept it because nobody seems to be able to tell me if they will or not and I seemingly have to just keep reapplying untill they get it right.

It'll probably help that you're going through US passport control with a US passport. They have different lines for that. Maybe if you take proof of your naturalised citizenship as well you'll be okay :up:

They were giving me shit 'cos I wore the front off my British one from taking it round so many bars in my trouser pocket. :laughing:

Absolutely, they've been ribbed about not standing up for themselves like the French in the Guardian for months now, even though tbh the French will probably look at this like we're fucking nutters.

I wouldn't mind if they bought a copy but they all sit in Starbucks reading it online on their iPads.

Fucking hell - people use digital devices to take lecture notes now? Are we beyond paper and pens now? How the fuck did that happen? Did I miss that memo?

I want fucking answers.

I returned to the uni I went to to give a lecture earlier this year, and I would say over a third of the class had a laptop with them, but whether they were taking notes with them is another question. Attitudes have changed since my day :laughing:, we went back the next week to lead the tutorial and while we were going round the room seeing how everyone was getting on my colleague spotted some bloke texting. She went over and made polite enquiries as to how he was getting on with the work to indicate she had seen him pissing about and wanted him to answer the bloody question and he looked up at her and said, "aye, I'm just on the phone now, OK??" in a really condescending tone. She was so befuddled by him not caring that we could see he wasn't doing anything she just muttered something and wandered off, I was up the back trying really hard not to laugh. We were only there to give a lecture as potential employers of all the people that come out of that course as well, that student might well be in the middle of applying for a graduate place with my work right now.. some people are clueless. Maybe I am the odd one here and it is socially acceptable to use your mobile in a lecture now, God knows it was going that way when I was there right enough.

Pet hate wise, I temporarily have a commute to work and so most of my pet hates relate to driving. In particular this evening, oil workers in giant 4x4s who tailgate you at the speed limit with their xenon lights at exactly the wrong height, whizz by you in the bus lane at 50 in a 30 zone at the first opportunity, cut you up to move lanes again, then make the rest of the journey as the car in front rather than the car behind. Close second is people who queue at the Kingswells roundabout for the traffic light for 10 mins, then when they are finally at the front and the light turns green, realising that there are so many things they could be doing instead, like looking up at the sky, or texting, or lighting a fag, or changing CD... When I've had a poor day at work not being sharp at traffic lights makes me quite murderous apparently.

My pet hate of today is the jobsworth bitch at my work who feels it necessary to point out trivial bullshit at any given opportunity. I made the fatal mistake today of putting a paper towel in the bin, only to have her launch herself across the room at me - 'thats not a bin, thats for plastic only'. Is that so? Well in that case, why not put a FUCKING notice beside it to let people know? Its your bog-standard kitchen bin, how the fuck should I know?! Arsehole.

Also, this fucking rain has made my hair go frizzy and has soaked my trousers up to my knees. I'm in a cunt of a bad mood already :swearing:

Football related, but I hate when people refer to footballing things as something else as some kind of joke. Let me demonstrate:

Celtic: Ra Sellick, Septic

Ibrox: Ipricks, Castle Greyskull

Parkhead: The Tattie Dome

The Old Firm: The Ugly Sisters, The Bigot Brothers

Man City: Citeh

Man Utd: ManUre

...amongst many others.

To clarify, the only one that is acceptable is calling Liverpool, LOLerpool.

Football related, but I hate when people refer to footballing things as something else as some kind of joke. Let me demonstrate:

...amongst many others.

Ah c'mon, there's Liverpoololololol and surely it's acceptable to call Sunderland - Those Mackem Bastards, right?

My current pet hate are the self service tills at Tesco. When it gives you your change after paying and there are no notes included it says "please collect your change, notes are dispensed below the scanner". When there are notes included it says "please collcet your change, cash is dispensed below the scanner". This never fails to annoy me.

...amongst many others.

Yeah, it's always Dazzler for me too, actually. And Fozzie Bear.

I take it funny names for players are OK too then? ;)